- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- Reinatix, ToastedCoconut, nicuch
This plugin was built and programmed against the 1.14 API. This plugin was tested on a Spigot server running 1.15.1.
If this plugin is native to a version pre-1.13, it will not natively support 1.13+ blocks and items.Please note: if your version is not listed and the latest version listed is compatible, the plugin is likely to work, but not confirmed.Code (Text):VERSION COMPATIBLE
1.15.x Yes (T)
1.14.x Yes (A)
* = the plugin is VERY LIKELY to work, but not confirmed
# = the plugin has reduced features
A = native version
T = tested
Quests is full of features for you to play with, you can create any type of quest you need. Each quest can have multiple tasks, which the player must complete before the quest is complete. The player can be rewarded for completing the quests, giving the player something to work towards. All of this and the below for free, forever!
*during the beta, some task types may not be functional.
- A complex quest system.
- Many* different task types to choose from (14+ - click here).
- A quest GUI.
- Requirements for quests (set up quest stages etc).
- Cooldowns for quests.
- Very customisable.
- Developer API (custom task types etc).
- /quests [or /q] - opens quest GUI
- /quests help - view help screen for quests commands
- /quests q/quest <questid> - start quest directly by ID.
- /quests c/category <categoryid> - Open category directly by ID.
- /quests a/admin - view help for admins
- /quests a/admin opengui - view help for opengui
- /quests a/admin opengui q/quest <player> - forcefully open quests GUI for player (bypassing quests.command permission)
- /quests a/admin opengui c/category <player> <categoryid> - forcefully open category by ID for player (bypassing quests.command permission)
- These commands are useful for command NPCs.
- /quests a/admin moddata - view help for quest progression
- /quests a/admin moddata fullreset <player> - fully clear a players data file
- /quests a/admin moddata reset <player> <questid> - clear a players data for a specifc quest
- /quests a/admin moddata start <player> <questid> - start a quest for a player
- /quests a/admin moddata complete <player> <questid> - complete a quest for a player
- These commands modify quest progress for players. Use them cautiously. Changes are irreversible.
- /quests a/admin types [type] - view activated task types, and information on a specific one.
- /quests a/admin reload - reload Quests.
- /quests a/admin update - check for updates.
- quests.command - permission for base /quests commands
- quests.admin - permission for /quests admin commands and update notifications.
Please make sure you are using Java 8. Install this on your server by adding the downloaded file to the /plugins folder. Make sure to RESTART the server (do not reload!) and Quests should load.
See: this page
Creating a quest:
See: this page
Allowed task types:
See: this page
Set up instructons for task types:
See: this page
These guides are unofficial and may not be up to date.
Quests has been using bStats to keep data about how the plugin is used. This data is anonymously sent and has no way to be traced back to you. Metrics can be disabled by disabling it in the bStats configuration.
Quests has been using bStats to keep data since version 2.0.0-beta. Metrics data can be found here: https://bstats.org/plugin/bukkit/Quests
You can contribute to the project by contributing code to the public repository. If you are contributing code, you also agree that you grant us the rights to your code.
The source code can be found here: https://github.com/LMBishop/Quests
▶ Quests ◀ | Set up goals for players! 2.6.4
Allow your players to do quests with a GUI selector
To everyone using this plugin or thinking of downloading it, use version 2.6.2 - the latest version, 2.6.3, fixes auto-quest start data loss, but BREAKS all the rest of the quest data loss, so all the quests get reset every server restart. 2.6.2 is extremely stable and has no bugs besides the auto-start quests, which doesn't even need to be used.
Been using it for the past month on a production server, 40 - 50 players on a single spigot server 1.15.1. No problems with it so far, there was a bug, which got fixed after I submitted an issue on GitHub. Really light on the server, absolutely simple to configure but I would like some advanced configuration options. Great for a free resource!
It is a good plugin, but has a lot of deficiency, and now also support for the rest of the versions are removed. I'm using 1.13 and it doesn't make sense to remove the last version of the latest version. 1.14 spigot still has plenty of bugs, performance issues and I'm not the only one who says this. And also if you check https://bstats.org/plugin/bukkit/Quests only 28% are using 1.14, where as even 1.8 has more usage over the plugin and 1.12.2 is 24%. Think about this. Thanks.