Latest update video:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
Main Features (100% optional and configurable!):
- Custom loot: Create your own loot with custom names, lore, enchantments and even potion effects! Do it here!
- Procedurally generated loot: Enjoy endless combinations of procedurally generated loot which you can customize!
- Unique loot: Enjoy items with unique powers that only drop from specific boss mobs!
- Elite Mobs: Fight against Elite Mobs that spawn at levels based on what armor and weapons players are using, how many players are around and that have unique powers and visual effects!
- Boss mobs: Fight against unique boss mobs with unique powers that get spawned during events and which drop unique loot with unique powers!
- Events: Enjoy a variety of challenging automated events which you customize and can also trigger manually, adding variety to the game!
- Super Mobs: Combine massive animal farms into super mob farms where farm animals stack to a configurable amount to improve server performance and create a new type of farm!
- Advanced loot tables: Enjoy the progression system that an advanced loot system gives you! Elite Mobs spawn based on the level of your gear, and drop gear at a slightly higher level, making slightly higher level Elite Mobs appear, creating a new type of item progression!
- Highly customizable: There currently are 13 config files which allow you to customize every aspect of Elite Mobs!
- Fully translatable: If you can read it in-game, you can translate it! And if I forgot to add it, you can report it and I'll fix it right away!
- Super easy to install! Just drag and drop the plugin to your plugins file. There are no dependencies, no libraries and no initial config required! Defaults are the settings that I use on my own network, and the ones I personally recommend!
- 24/7 support! Well maybe not 24/7, but if I am awake and you ask a question on discord, I will answer it right away!
How to setup:
For more info on the setmaxtier command, read this.
Watch the video to see how to set up EliteMobs!
Permissions and commands:
Feel free to share these guides with players in your servers!Additional details:
The EliteMobs cycle:
- Have an Elite Mob spawn at a level based on what you're wearing
- Kill the Elite Mob
- Loot slightly better gear
- Go back to step 1!
Elite Mobs (aggressive bosses):
- Can spawn naturally around players based on their calculated threat level (armor, potion effects, surrounding passive Elite Mobs)
- Can stack up to a level set in config
- Have special loot tables which drop items that allow players to kill mobs of slightly higher levels each time
- Can have up to 8 powers at a time (2 defensive, 2 aggressive, 2 miscellaneous and 2 major)
- PowerStances are the item visual effects you can spot on the title gif of this resource
- These items denote a power. As an example, arrows floating around an entity means the entity has arrow resistance. The hope is that players will learn the patterns and adapt to the challenge.
- These have been thoroughly optimized and should cause no more lag than the equivalent of having an item on the floor
- EliteMobs can acquire one new power every 50 levels up to 8 powers
- Boss mobs have unique mobs that vary based on the theme of the mob
- Powers are broken down into 5 categories: offensive, defensive, miscellaneous, major and unique. Elite Mobs can have up to two of the first four categories. Boss mobs only have unique powers.
You can view details on all powers at this wiki page!Custom Loot:
Procedurally generated Loot:
- Equipping it (or holding it) can give potion/beacon effects either continuously or on hit, and either to the player or to the enemy!
- Can be written in just seconds here and pasted in loot.yml
- Scales to mob difficulty - higher mobs will drop better loot
- Highly recommended to keep names and lore unique for every item
- Watch this video on how to create it!
- Scales to mob level
- Highly customizable (set what enchantments show up and up to which level)
- Neat naming system (trillions of possible combinations using defaults, you can write your own)
Super Mobs (passive bosses):
- Once 50 (configurable) passive mobs are together, they merge and create an elite passive mob
- These bosses have advanced loot mechanics. Hitting them drops a balanced amount of farm loot. Shearing and egg laying are also taken into account with these mechanics.
- If you are having issues with chicken farms getting too large, this is the mechanic for you! Allow players to keep the same output of eggs but for a fraction of a fraction of the TPS impact!
- Once dead, they spawn two mobs of the same type in the same location so they can be bred.
API & more detailed info:
- Check the github wiki.
Word bank contributors:
And to everyone who generously contributed with their $$ to fuel the development of this project <3
Dynamic and customizable mini-bosses, bosses, loot, events and so much more!
An Incredible plugin! STOP! Before rating 4 stars, hop on the discord and ask your questions. An amazing community, and surprisingly some laughs. There is a reason that the whole page is filled with 5 stars.
My players INSTANTLY fell in love with this plugin. Worth 6 stars if I could only give them!
This is a terrific plugin.
Its capabilities are simply amazing opportunities avantomnosi spawning, mining and configures!
And the most important thing: the author of this project MagmaGuy is just an amazing person, responsive!
You just try EliteMobs and understand how you used to play without this miracle!
This plugin is absolutely amazing and very easy to change to your liking. I'm using it for a personal server with my friends and it's been tons of fun fighting against these mobs; and on the discord the creator of this plugin is extremely helpful and open to help everyone out on any issues regarding the plugin.
Quote from a friend on the server:
Friend "GET THE F*CK OVER HERE THIS LEVEL BILLION ZOMBIE IS RIDING ON A CHICKEN IS KICKING MY ASS!"
He died and I finished it off with one hit and got all the loot.
10/10 would install again.
The developer not only cares about the plugin, but cares about the people who use it as well. I've been a member of his Discord, and have been a tester for him. He truly will bend over backwards to guarantee your experience with his plugin is as you'd expect.