- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
⍟ What is Simple Portals? ⍟
Simple Portals is the simplest, yet effective way to create region based portals. The plugin was heavily tested on many large live servers and put under stress to ensure performance was optimal. Simple Portals also allows the teleporting of players across your bungee cord server without even using the bungee cord API!
⍟ Features ⍟
- Packet particle visuals for selections, region display, and other immersive effects.
- Object-oriented portals making the API very easy to manipulate and modify specific portals.
- No dependencies (Everything is developed from scratch within the plugin)
- Per-portal permissions
- Command Sympathy (Many commands have abbreviations for easier use)
- Fluids and other movable materials are frozen in the portal regions.
- Optimized Code (As stated above the plugin was thoroughly tested on multiple servers and developed with plenty of care)
- Bungee Coord server switching (This feature uses the plugin channel, therefore, it communicates with the bridge server)
- Lightweight Update checker (Checks for newer versions once every time on enable)
- Powerful Developer API (Enough methods and events to take full control)
- Simple To Manipulate (All commands and features are made to be used with ease)
- Auto-Updating Configuration
⍟ Commands & Permissions ⍟
(Note: By typing an invalid command, a usage message will be displayed.)
- /simpleportals <selectionmode/sm> - Toggles the player in and out of selection mode which allows them to create a region.
- /simpleportals reload - reloads all configurations.
- /simpleportals info - provides information about the plugin.
- /simpleportals create <name> - creates a new portal if the player's region is full created.
- /simpleportals delete <name> - deletes a existing portal.
- /simpleportals <setlocation/sl> <name> - sets the teleport location of the specified warp.
- /simpleportals <showregion/sr> <name> - displays the specified portal's region.
- /simpleportals <switchserver/ss> <name> <server> - sets the server the portal will teleport a player to.
- # Please note that to remove a server from a portal you must set it to 'none'.
- /simpleportals <addcommand/addcmd> <name> <command> - this command adds a command line that will be ran when a player enters the portal (You are able to add a colon followed by PLAYER or CONSOLE to the end of the command to determine how the command is ran).
- /simpleportals <clearcommands/clearcmds> <name> - this command simply clears the commands in the list.
- /simpleportals <togglecommandonly/tco> <name> - this command toggles command only mode for a portal.
- /simpleportals <commands/cmds> <name> - provides a list of all commands on the defined warp in the order they were added.
- simpleportals.showregion - Allows the player to view a portal's region.
- simpleportals.setlocation - Allows the player to set a portal's teleport location.
- simpleportals.info - Allows the player to view the plugin's information.
- simpleportals.reload - Allows the player to reload the configuration files.
- simpleportals.create - Allows the player to create a portal.
- simpleportals.delete - Allows the player to delete a portal.
- simpleportals.list - Allows the player to list all portals.
- simpleportals.switchserver - Allows the player to change the server a portal can teleport a player to using BungeeCord.
- simpleportals.selectionmode - Allows the player to enter/exit selection mode.
- simpleportals.portal.* - Allows the player to use all portals.
- simpleportals.portal.<name> - Allows the player to use the specified portal.
- simpleportals.addcommand - Allows the player to add a command to the specified portal.
- simpleportals.clearcommands - Allows the player to clear all commands from the specified portal.
- simpleportals.togglecommandonly - Allows the player to toggle command only mode for a portal.
- simpleportals.viewcommands - Allows the player to view the commands of a portal.⍟ Media ⍟
The showcase below was provided by @Ajneb97, he did a wonderful review highlighting some major and smaller features of SimplePortals. At the time of recording, SimplePortals v1.2.8 was being used. He covered some Version Specfic issues that may occur and other very specific tweaks you can accomplish in the config (Though some things were changed/fixed in newer versions). Many thanks to him!
The showcase below was provided by Lucas Gaspareto, many thanks to him for the awesome showcase! (Please note that this video was made using an early v1.2 build)
Servers Using SimplePortals:
Contact to have yours added here
- mc.thecrafters.net - (Using mainly for server-based portals)
- Galacticamc.com:25570 - (Using mainly for server-based portals)If you create a tutorial on this plugin, please let me know as I will post it here!
Below is a very brief look at the region visual display during the portal create process:
⍟ Plugin Usage ⍟
SimplePortals is made to be, well... simple! Therefore the portal creation process is quite straightforward. Please find instruction below:
[NOTE] - The "Selection Mode" command is a toggle, meaning when ran once it will enable and twice it will disable.
- Step 1) - In order to create a portal, you must first enter "selection mode" by using the command "/portals selectionmode" or "/portals sm".
- Step 2) - The next step is to "left-click" the lowest block at the end of a cuboid or rectangular region and then "right-click" the highest block in the opposite corner of the region. This will set your current selection for any portals you wish to create soon.
- Step 3) - To finish off the portal creation process you must use the command "/portals create <portal name>" to create the portal using your WorldEdit-Like selection.
- Step 4) - From this point, you have a created portal. Now by default the destination, the portal will teleport the user to will always be set to the lowest-block or Point-1. To change the portal's destination, use the command "/portals setlocation" or "/portals sl" at the location you wish your portal to take you to.
Below is some extra information:
- You can fill a portal's region with a specific material by using the "/portals fill <portal name>" command (Don't worry all liquid-based materials will not flow out of the region).
- You can relocate the portal's region by using the "/portals relocate <portal name>" command after making another selection in "selection mode".
- To make a portal teleport the player to another server via Bungee simply set the server name using the command "/portals switchserver <portal name> <server>". You can set this value to "none" to disable the feature for a portal.
- As for adding commands to be ran by the portal when entered you can add them using the "/portals addcommand <portal name> <command>" command. To remove the commands you may use the "/portals clearcommands <portal name>" command. When adding a command ensure NOT to use a slash and always end it with a colon followed by either PLAYER or CONSOLE (Adding a slash would result in the command running as if it uses 2 slashes instead of one). ':CHAT' can also be used as of v1.3.6 to send the command into chat for other plugins to use as fake commands!⍟ Developer API ⍟
Currently, everything in the API can be found in the API package inside the plugin which can be found on the GitHub page. However, below you can find the API class names and their purpose.
- Manager (Class) - this stores all general methods, calculations, and storage lists or maps.
- PointType (Enum) - this is used inside the listener for the region selection.
- Portal (Class Object) - this is an entire object that stores all information about a single portal.
- Region (Class Object) - this is an entire object that stores all information about a region (Coordinates and Locations).
- SerializableLocation (Class Object) - this is used to serialize a location and prevent future changes to the same location.
- TaskHolder (Class Object) - this is used to store the visual effect tasks for each player. This class also manages them to make sure not too many are shown at once.
- PortalActionEvent (Event Object) - this event is called when a player is teleported by a portal.
- PortalEnterEvent (Event Object) - this event is called when a player enters a portal's region.⍟ Contact ⍟
- Discord: XZot1K#7490
- Email: [email protected]You can also join the plugin support discord here!
Please do NOT use code from this plugin and call it your own or report issues/bugs within the review section. That is pretty much the only thing I ask!
(1.14.4 Ready) ⍟ Simple Portals ⍟ - Effective Regional Portals (BungeeCord Compatible) 1.4
A simple yet effective way to create portals for your server!