- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
Arbitrary Portals allows players to create nether portals of all different shapes and sizes, removing the needless rectangular restriction imposed by the vanilla game.
- Portal frames must contain at least 6 empty blocks inside (similarly to vanilla's smallest 2x3 portal)
- Overall portal size cannot be wider or taller than the vanilla default of 21 blocks
- Portal frames can be made from either obsidian, crying obsidian, or a combination of both
- Portals can be any abstract shape, even containing holes
No permissions! No configs! (yet?)
Just place the plugin in your server's "plugins" folder and restart.
This plugin requires WorldEdit! https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/worldedit
I use WorldEdit to get around a Spigot bug where placing portal blocks in the world doesn't allow them to sync properly with other portals when traveling from/to the nether.
While this plugin closely resembles Xisumavoid's "Custom Nether Portals" datapack, I actually started work on this months before he released his, and had the idea for years before that. Still, though, all of the Vanilla Tweaks datapacks are awesome and everyone should definitely check them out https://vanillatweaks.net/picker/datapacks/
If you like this plugin, maybe you'll like my other ones! (well just the one for now, more coming soon™)
- Lightning Fire
Stop lightning from starting fires without completely disabling fire tick