- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- 1.12Support this project on Patreon!
Have you ever dreamed of a day where the "personal shield" mechanic from games like Borderlands, Halo, Overwatch, etc. were in Minecraft? No? Well I did. Thanks to the absorption health being an actual, editable field instead of just being chained to a potion, this is possible to do somewhat rather elegantly in Minecraft.
A video is worth 60,000 words a second
Click to watch
You can also test it out on MLG Fortress. IP: MLG.ROBOMWM.COM
- Create unlimited number of shields (well, the limit being how many names you can come up with).
- Shield size, recharge rate and delay are all configurable.
- Shield recharges after not being hit.
- Shield damage protects against health _and_ armor damage when active.
- Players who take shield damage glow instead of just turning red momentarily.
- Integration with MLG Damage Indicators
- Shield damage appears in orange instead of red.
/createshield <shield name> - Converts a helmet held in the primary hand to an AbsorptionShield. Requires absorptionshields.createshield permission, given to ops by default.
I hope you enjoy this plugin as much as I did in creating and using it!Code (YAML):Shields:
strength: 12 # Shield's max capacity in hearts
time: 2 # Seconds before shield starts regenerating
rate: 3 # How fast the shield recharges in hearts per second
Sounds: # If you use a resource pack you can set custom sounds here. You could also experiment with vanilla sounds as well!
shieldHitSelf: fortress.shieldhitself # taking damage
lowShieldHitSelf: fortress.lowshieldhitself # taking damage when shield is at 1/3 or lower capacity
shieldOfflineAlert: fortress.shieldoffline # Plays when shield is broken (the "beep beep beep" alert). Doesn't play if player manually unequips shield
shieldBroken: fortress.shieldbroken # shield shattering/breaking
shieldBootingUp: fortress.shieldbootingup # Shield regenerating from empty.
shieldFullyRecharged: fortress.shieldrecharged # Shield has fully regenerated.