AcidIsland for 1.13 onwards can be found at Bentobox.world. We'll release on Spigot again at some point!
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- tastybento, Poslovitch
- Languages Supported:
- Serbian, Danish, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Slovakian, Turkish, Vietnamese, Chinese (Traditional + Simple)
You're on an island, in a sea of acid! If you like Skyblock, try AcidIsland for a new challenge!
This is a variation on my popular ASkyBlock plugin. Instead of falling, you must contend with acid water when expanding your island and players can boat to each other's islands.
YouTube review of play:
German review here!
All the features of ASkyBlock, plus:
- Acid hurts, use armor or potions to protect! Set your own sea-level.
- Rain is acid too! Decide how much damage.
- Acid hurts monsters, so players can make different grinders or traps.
- Acid cannot be used to make clean stone, but it can make cobblestone fine. (This stops players paving the ocean).
- A sponge can be won from a challenge. Sponges soak up acid and make expanding the island easier
- Island level ranking system - based on block values and blocks below sea-level can be given more value.
- Players can visit other islands by boat and boats are much more safe than normal - they do not break and exiting them does not dunk players in acid (most of the time).
- Two AcidIsland starter islands - add more to customize.
Set Up and Installation
- If you haven't realized already - water is acid - be careful!
- Native animals in the world don't mind the acid, but supernatural monsters and you burn in it. If you want, animals can be hurt too.
- Acid and lava can make cobblestone, but clean stone melts in acid.
- Water breathing potion will make you immune to the acid. Must be because potions are now made with acid...
- Complete challenges to obtain rare or useful items
- Don't forget to fish!
- Vault (Latest version!)
Installation and Configuration
- An economy of some kind, e.g. Essentials, etc.
- Greenhouses - a sister-plugin to AcidIsland that enables players to build biome greenhouses (glasshouses)
- Essentials Spawn so you can set the spawn position
- MultiverseCore - so you can manage multiple worlds
- QuickShop or some kind of chest shop plugin to enable players to trade - which is a major point of this game
- MultiInv to manage inventories and keep them separate between worlds
- PermissionsEx to manage groups and permissions
For upgrading, see below.
- Download the plugin (AcidIsland.jar) and Vault.
- Place into your plugins folder
- Restart your server
- The plugin will make a folder called AcidIsland and a world called AcidIsland and AcidIsland_nether. Open the plugin/AcidIsland folder.
- Check config.yml and adjust how you like. Usually the settings in there will already make sense.
- Check challenges.yml and blockvalues.yml and change if you like.
- Language files are in the locale folder. If English is not your language, set your language using /acid setlanguage (press tab to see the choices). Note that players can switch language in the game if you let them.
- Edit the minishop prices and inventory in minishop.yml
- Restart the server if you changed the files.
- Permissions should be set by default, unless you use a permissions manager. In which case, set up permissions.
- Log in and type /island to start your island.
- Install other plugins like Greenhouses.
- You are done!
- See the upgrade instructions with every release.
You can change your starter island with schematics. Put them in the schematics folder and add them in the schematicsection of config.yml. The instructions are in config.yml or you can read this page.
Initial chest items can be customized, damage added, potions, etc. See this page for details. You can also use the items in the schematic.
AcidIsland accepts the following commands that can be /island, /ai or /is:
- /island - generates a new island, opens the GUI or teleports the player to their island, home location or the team island
- /island go - teleport to your island
- /island help - shows help text
- /island cp or control panel - shows a GUI with useful commands so players do not have to type
- /island reset or restart - restarts an island. There is a cool down timer on this so that players do not abuse it
- /island level - ranks the island
- /island level <player> - shows the island rank for another player
- /island top - shows the Top 10 islands by rank
- /island minishop or ms - displays a shop GUI with different items - admins can customize the contents and prices
- /island warps - Lists warps that are available via Welcome Warp Signs
- /island warp <name> - warps to a Welcome Warp Sign. The full name does not have to by typed in (just the first few letters)
- /island biomes - open the biomes GUI
- /island ban - ban a visitor from an island
- /island invite - Invite a player to join your team. You can only invite one person at a time.
- /island accept or reject - Accepts or rejects an invite. If a player has an island already and accepts, the island will be deleted.
- /island team - lists info on the team
- /island leave - leave the team - returns to spawn
- /island kick or remove <name> - only available for the island owner or leader - removes a team member. If the player is online, all their inventory will drop and they will be sent to spawn. If they are offline, they will get a message when they log in that they have been kicked.
- /island makeleader <name> - Transfers ownership to a team member. Can only be issued by the leader.
- /island teamchat - enables players to chat only to team members
- /island coop <player> - Gives a player temporary full access to your island. Notifies other team members and the leader when this happens. Use it wisely.
- /island expel <player> - Removes coop status. Also ejects player from your island.
- /aic, /c or /challenge show the GUI for challenges
Access via /acid command (check in-game for more commands):
Console And Game Available Commands
Team Editing Commands
- /acid reload - reloads all the configuration files. Use this if you have edited the .yml files.
- /acid delete <player> - deletes a player's island. 100% permanent, no undo - *warning*
- /acid completechallenge <challengename> <player> - completes an individual challenge for a player
- /acid resetchallenge <challengename> <player> - resets a challenge for a player
- /acid resetallchallenges <player> - clears all challenges for a player
- /acid purge [TimeInDays] - *warning* dangerous command. Will remove all old/unused islands where the player has not logged in for X number of days. Strongly recommend you back up the world first and run when no players are online.
- /acid info <player> - Displays info on a player and their island
- /acid info challenges <player> - Displays player challenge completion status.
- /acid topten - Generates the top ten list if it does not exist - this runs through all player files and finds out the island levels from them. It will not recalculate island levels - this command should never need to be run.
- /acid unregister <player> - Removes a player from an island without deleting the island blocks
- /acid clearreset <player> - Clears the reset limit for a player
- /acid setbiome <leader> <biome> - Sets leader's island biome.
- /acid setrange <leader> <range> - Sets the protection range of the leader's island up to a maximum of the island distance.
- /acid topbreeders - lists up to 10 islands with the most entities on them. Only lists islands that are currently loaded by the server.
- /acid team kick <player> - Removes player from any team.
- /acid team add <player> <leader> - Adds player to the leader's team.
- /acid setspawn - Sets the spawn point for the world. The spawn area has special rules and protections.
- /acid tp <player> - Teleport to a player's island
- /acid register <player> - Registers the player to the island you are standing on.
- /acid unregister - Removes any player registration for the island you are standing on.
- /acid deleteisland confirm - Deletes the island you are standing on. Note that you must type the full command.
- /acid info - Provides info on the island that you are standing on.
- /acid setrange - Sets the range of the island you are on. If the area is spawn, the range can be greater than the island range.
- /acid teamchatspy - spies on team chats - requires permission acidisland.mod.teamchatspy or Op
Please report bugs. You can file tickets here.
/island gets you started
/island help for other commands
/acid for admin commands - only for ops and can be dangerous
/challenges for challenges
These are permissions that define how many or how big something is:
- Max homes - acidisland.island.maxhomes.<number>
- Max team members - acidisland.team.maxsize.<number>
- Initial island protection size - acidisland.island.range.<number>
Welcome Warp SignsCode (Text):
description: Allow teleporting to player island
description: Let the player use the /island command
description: Let the player check their island level
description: Let the player see the top ten list
description: Let the player set their island teleport point
description: Let the player use the /challenges command
description: Let the player use /island warp to warp to a players island
description: Let the player place a Welcome warp sign
description: Allows usage of the minishop
description: Allows usage of the island GUI
description: Allows biome changing
description: Allows island locking
description: Allows expelling of visitors
description: Allows banning of visitors
description: Player can see server settings
description: Player can select a language
description: Player can set the name of their island
description: Player can see the value of a block
description: Player can use the island spawn command if spawn exists
description: Player can use the island reset or restart command
description: Let a player invite other players to join a team
description: Let a player kick other players
description: Let a player make another player leader of the team
description: Let a player join another player's team
description: Allow player to use team chat
description: Event commands will not be run for players with this perm
description: Player is exempt from commands run when island resets
description: Player is exempt from commands run when they leave or are kicked. Note will not help if player is offline.
description: Player is exempt from commands run when starting an island
description: Player is exempt from commands run when a challenge is completed
description: Player is exempt from commands run when accepting a team invite
description: Allows player to use the coop command
description: Allow crafting and use of enderchests in acidisland
description: Allows tilling of coarse dirt into dirt
description: Includes player in top ten
description: Excludes player from hunger if on island
description: Allow player to fly inside his island boundaries
description: Ability to change settings in GUI
# ACID_DAMAGE, ANVIL, ARMOR_STAND, BEACON, BED, BREAK_BLOCKS, BREEDING, BREWING,
# BUCKET, COLLECT_LAVA, COLLECT_WATER, CHEST, CHORUS_FRUIT, CRAFTING, CROP_TRAMPLE,
# DOOR, EGGS, ENCHANTING, ENDER_PEARL, ENTER_EXIT_MESSAGES, FIRE, FIRE_EXTINGUISH,
# FIRE_SPREAD, FURNACE, GATE, HORSE_INVENTORY, HORSE_RIDING, HURT_MOBS, LEASH,
# LEVER_BUTTON, MOB_SPAWN, MUSIC, PLACE_BLOCKS, PORTAL, PRESSURE_PLATE, PVP,
# MILKING, NETHER_PVP, REDSTONE, SPAWN_EGGS, SHEARING, VILLAGER_TRADING,
# VISITOR_ITEM_DROP, VISITOR_ITEM_PICKUP
description: Let a moderator update the top ten list
description: Let a moderator see info on a player
description: Let a moderator access challenge commands
description: Gives mod immunity to acid
description: Allows setting or reseting of a player's home position
description: Allow clearing of island reset limit
description: Allows teleport to an island
description: Allows teleport to a nether island
description: Allow moderator to bypass island protection
description: Allow moderator to bypass island expulsion
description: Allows setting player island biomes
description: Lists most populated islands current loaded
description: Locks or unlocks an island
description: Bypasses an island lock
description: Enables warp sign admin commands
description: Spy on team chats
description: Gives ability to remove warp signs
description: Enables modification of teams via kick and add commands
description: Enables naming of player's islands
description: Enables reset of player's island names
description: Sets how many deaths the player has
description: Allow clearing of island reset limit for all players
description: Reload the config.yml
description: Let a player completely remove a player (including island)
description: Let a player completely remove the island the player is on
description: Let a player register the nearest island to another player.
description: Removes a player from an island without deleting the island blocks.
description: Let a player purge old islands.
description: Gives admin immunity to acid
description: Allows use of spawn tools
description: Allows setting of island protection range
description: Lists most populated islands current loaded
description: Reserves an empty spot for a player's next island
description: Resets all the islands to default protection settings
description: Player cannot be banned from an island
description: Displays magic cobble gen stats
description: Resets all player languages and sets the default language
Welcome Warp Signs are an easy way for players to make warps. Each player can generate only one warp. They create a warp by placing a sign with the first line [WELCOME] on it. If the warp creation is successful, that line will become green. If there is a problem, it will become red.
Warps are listed under /island warps and are the player's name. Players can warp by typing /island warp <name of warp> or click on the GUI.
To destroy or remove a warp, the player should destroy or remove the sign.
The other lines on the sign can say anything the player wants and are listed in the GUI - advertise your island!
The safety of a warp is checked to a certain extent, but it's possible for players to create traps with warp signs. This may or may not be okay with the server admin, but can be interpreted as being part of the game.
AcidIsland will attempt to register itself with Multiverse automatically (check in the console). If this does not succeed, you may suddenly find holes in the sea. Keep world backups because this is unrecoverable. Usually this is caused by a bug in the server release (e.g. dev version).
To Come In Future Versions
- Bug fixes (there is always one more bug)
The latest version and source can be found here: Source can be found here.
This plugin utilizes a plugin metrics system, which means that the following information is collected and sent to bstats.org:
Visit bstats.org if you would like to learn more about the stats collected. Go into /plugins/bStats/config.yml to disable stat collecting if you wish.
- Your server's randomly generated UUID
- The amount of players on your server
- The online mode of your server
- The bukkit version of your server
- The java version of your system (e.g. Java 8)
- The name of your OS (e.g. Windows)
- The version of your OS
- The architecture of your OS (e.g. amd64)
- The system cores of your OS (e.g. 8)
- bStats-supported plugins
- Plugin version of bStats-supported plugins
Island survival in a sea of acid. With a cow. Harder than skyblock?