- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
This plugin tries to make player communication more realistic by making it harder to read chat as players become farther from each other. It does this by removing or replacing a number of characters in the original chat message depending on the level of entropy between the players. Entropy is calculated by considering these 3 parameters:
Keep in mind that the chat message that you receive is what you hear, not what is sent.
- Are players in line of sight?
- Direction in which player faces, i.e if sender looks at intended receiver there will be less entropy
Simply put the .jar file in the plugin folder and run the server. A folder with the configuration file config.yml should be generated. Follow the comments in this file if you would like to make changes to the default configuration.
- /ac reload - Use this to reload the configuration file in case you make any changes while the server is running
- /ac noise <entropy> <text>, where entropy is between 0 and 1
Makes chat messages harder to read from further away