- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- Olof Larsson, peewi96, tspringst33n
This is an updated version of AncientGates from Bukkit. It is updated to work from Spigot 1.7 up to Spigot 1.15!
It might even work on versions below 1.7 but that is currently untested, feel free to test and share the results.
Bug reports go here: GitHub Issues
Discord for quick questions: Discord
Dev Builds: Jenkins (Down, if anyone can provide a replacement lmk)
Meanwhile, check github releases
The documentation below is literally a copy paste from the original page as most features remain the same. Feel free to point out anything outdated/wrong you see in the wikis.
This plugin can allow those with permission, to create gates. These gates will teleport any player, entity (incl. passenger) or vehicle (incl. passenger) that enters that gate to the designated location and/or execute a command. This is a very easy to use, easy to maintain transportation plugin! As a bonus, the gates can look any way you like (vertical or horizontal), with a selection of portal materials. There are also bungee gates to teleport between servers.
To get started, try the in game command: /gate
Commands & Permissions
AncientGates commands and permission nodes are simple and intuitive.
Click here for commands and permission nodes...
AncientGates configuration options are fairly extensive.
Click here for configuration (/gate setconf) settings...
AncientGates fully supports BungeeCord server-server player, entity and vehicle teleportation.
Click here for further information and full setup instructions...
AncientGates has seen a fair few questions in its time. Here are some of the more frequent ones.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions...
I recently came across this video, showcasing the latest features. It has been put together by Vikaar1.
I've seen several Youtube videos since taking over maintenance of this plugin.
Click here to see more, including translations...
You can (globally) opt out the stat collection via /plugins/bStats/config.yml if you wish.
Ancient Gates [1.7 - 1.15] 2.3
Regular and Bungee portal plugin that works from 1.7 to 1.15
Really good plugin! I love the sugar cane portals XD Though there are some problems with it using 1.11.2 (1.11 too, I think...)
This goes for users that are using this plugin:
(FYI, "registered" means you listed your servers with AncientGates, it's just a word I made up)
1. If you have a network using BungeeCord, NEVER EVER set the SocketComms to true because the console will complain and say "Is it up to date?". The plugin works perfectly fine, just not the SocketComms part. Once you set it to true in-game, the plugin will work for a couple minutes, then it will say "An internal error has occurred (something like that)" when you type /gate. I don't think you can cover up your mistakes in-game. So you have to go back to your folder "AncientGates" and set the Comms to false, or just completely delete config.yml if you are lazy. Deleting it doesn't effect your servers.yml (your "registered" servers).
2. If you close a "sugar cane" portal, make sure you manually break the sugar cane and pick up the droppings (or lagg clear if you have ClearLag). It's kinda weird having half a bush of sugar cane hanging in mid-air. XD
3. If you have a network and you want to "register" your servers, might as well do it in the config instead of in-game. It's a lot quicker and easier. Trust me. (Just copy and paste)
4. If you have a network and you want to connect from server to server, make sure you have the plugin on both server (obviously).
5. For example, if you have a room 3x3x3, and you placed 3 blocks horizontally and use the "portal frame" (1x3x2) to make a portal, the plugin will complain... It will take on its rage by creating awkwardly shaped portal blocks (which is not what you want...)
Anyways, I think that's it. A few bugs with the plugin on 1.11.2, but otherwise, the plugin is awesome! I recommend using it for your network because it's really easy to config.