Aphelia has been deprecated. I provide no guarantees that this plugin will work into the future, and you may have to self-host the Aphelia bot.
- Native Minecraft Version:
- Legacy (< 1.13)
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- Languages Supported:
- (in beta release) French, Spanish, Norwegian Bokmal
Note to mods: please delete this resource when you have a chance, since apparently I can’t.
This plugin is compatible with BungeeCord AND Spigot of nearly all versions. Its BungeeCord version is directly compatible with BungeeChat2.
Hermes aims to solve a major pain point in the design of many popular Discord—Minecraft linking plugins: they're annoying to configure and often require many steps to setup; most frequently requiring you to make your own Discord bot via Discord's developer portal and requiring you to go into developer mode to manually pull channel IDs. This is all unnecessary. Hermes solves this issue with a surprisingly simple solution: use the Aphelia discord bot, which in itself has some utility features, automatically, instead of forcing you to make your own. This then shortens the installation process by a considerable amount of time for normal users, and even more so for BungeeChat users who need to use a workaround to get other plugins (which only run on Spigot) to work. This has a side-effect of having better performance, since we don't have to load a complex library for handling the Discord API on the server side—this part is offloaded to Aphelia.
Video Version (credit to Malin, one of our first users)
- If you haven’t already, invite Aphelia.
- Install Hermes Universal as a plugin on your server. You're viewing the download page right now.
- Run /token in your server. Copy and paste the command to a Discord channel which Aphelia is in. If you’ve changed Aphelia’s prefix, you need to adjust the command accordingly.
- Send the command you just copied into the channel that you wish to act as the bridge. You’re done! Everything is now linked from Minecraft to Discord!
For further documentation, check out this web page.
Make sure to join our discord, too, for extra support!