Support for ASkyBlock has ended as we are 100% focused on BSkyBlock and BentoBox. Thanks for your support! We'll leave the plugin available.
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- tastybento, Poslovitch
BSkyBlock/BentoBox is being developed for 1.13.x and 1.14.x on GitHub at https://bentobox.world
You find yourself marooned on an island in the sky with just a cow and a chest of strange items. Don't fall! Moo!
Video tutorial for admins here! More recent one here!
- Turnkey Skyblock - just install and you're done!
- Highly customizable!
- Optimized for large and small server use (there should be no lag from the plugin at all)
- GUIs for control panels, mini shop, challenges and other commands!
- Multilingual UI
- Fun challenges to complete and customize
- Minishop for players to buy items
- Customizable biome shop
- Each player can place a Welcome Warp Sign on their island to enable other players to warp
- Island level ranking system - based on block values
- Supports custom starter island schematics. See here for HowTo. Or here for a video tutorial.
- Initial chest items can be customized See here for HowTo.
- Island Nether!
- Based on my AcidIsland plugin - try that too if your players want another challenge!
Mini Shop - ASkyBlock has a customizable built-in mini shop to allow players to buy and sell items!
Settings - Players can see what settings the game has and what is protected or not protected on their island. Protection is built-in and World Guard is not required!
Set Up and Installation
Compatibility: 1.8.8 onwards however pure 1.9 does not work well due to server bugs. Use 1.8.8 or 1.9.x or better yet 1.12.x or later!
First Time Installation and Configuration
- An economy of some kind, e.g. Essentials, etc. - if you have more than one world, run a multi-world economy like Miconomy or use MultiWorldMoney
- Essentials Spawn, so you can set the spawn position
- MultiverseCore - so you can manage multiple worlds
- Some kind of shop plugin to enable players to trade
- MultiInv to manage inventories and keep them separate between worlds or Multiverse Inventories.
- PermissionsEx to manage groups and permissions
- A HungerKeeper plugin like this one can stop players from regenerating hunger by suiciding.
- Greenhouses - enables players to build biome greenhouses for biome farming!
- Top Ten Heads - a simple top ten plugin to show player's heads
For upgrading, see the release notes for each release.
(The next steps are optional)
- Download the plugin (ASkyBlock.jar) and other plugins (Vault).
- Place into your plugins folder
- Restart your server - this will make the world and config files.
- Stop the server.
- Open the plugin/ASkyBlock folder.
- Open up config.yml and adjust how you like. You may also want to change other config files like blockvalues.yml and challenges.yml.
- Start your server again.
- Permissions should be set by default unless you use a permissions manager. In which case, set up permissions.
- Log in and type /island to start your island!
- Change Island Guard settings.
- Check challenges.yml and change if you like.
- Not use the island-style nether (see config.yml) (Remember to delete the ASkyBlock_nether world if you do so it will regenerate)
- Set up your spawn if you'd like to use A Skyblock spawn. Go to a location away from other islands and type /asadmin setspawn. Then create an island spawn in that location. Use /asadmin info in that area to tell you where the spawn coordinates are.
Some recommendations to improve gameplay:
- Install a trading or chest shop plugin because going from one island to another is part of the fun!
- Consider allowing creeper explosions and Enderman griefing. Some of the best servers have this on and are hard, but fun.
- Note: A Skyblock has island protection options, including explosion prevention.
- Make a spawn. (Convert an island to a spawn point using /asadmin setspawn)
Have a question? Check the FAQ! No, really, check the FAQ!
Do /island help in the game to see a full set; This page may not have the very latest list!
ASkyblock accepts the following commands that begin with */island*, */as* or */is*. Commands may not be visible if not allowed by permission.
- /island - generates a new island, opens the GUI or teleports the player to their island, home location or the team island
- /island help - shows help text
- /island go - teleport to your island
- /island go <number> - teleport to a numbered island home (use /sethome <number> to set)
- /island biomes - open the biomes GUI
- /island cp or control panel - shows a GUI with useful commands so players do not have to type
- /island expel - Removes a visitor from your island
- /island reset or restart - restarts an island. There is a cool down timer and a max limit on this so that players do not abuse it
- /island lang - allows player to chose their UI language
- /island level - ranks the island
- /island level <player> - shows the island rank for another player
- /island lock - locks an island so none can enter or teleport into
- /island ms or minishop - Opens the mini-shop where players can buy stuff. Disabled if there is no economy.
- /island top - shows the Top 10 islands by rank
- /island minishop or ms - displays a shop GUI with different items - admins can customize the contents and prices
- /island settings - lists the game settings in a read-only panel
- /island sethome - sets your island home
- /island sethome <number> - sets a numbered home point, up to the max the server allows
- /island spawn - teleport to the island-world spawn, if it exists (set via admin command setspawn)
- /island warps - Lists warps that are available via Welcome Warp Signs
- /island warp <name> - warps to a Welcome Warp Sign. The full name does not have to by typed in (just the first few letters)
Coop Commands - enables players to help others without having to join their team
- /island invite - Invite a player to join your team. You can only invite one person at a time.
- /island accept or reject - Accepts or rejects an invite. If a player has an island already and accepts, the island will be deleted.
- /island team - lists info on the team
- /island teamchat - enables teams to chat among themselves without bothering others. Must be enabled in config.yml and player must be in a team to see the command. Chats can be spied on by admins.
- /island leave - leave the team - returns to spawn
- /island kick or remove <name> - only available for the island owner or leader - removes a team member. If the player is online, all their inventory will drop and they will be sent to spawn. If they are offline, they will get a message when they log in that they have been kicked.
- /island makeleader <name> - Transfers ownership to a team member. Can only be issued by the leader.
(Give players the askyblock.coop permission to enable)
- /island coop <player> - Gives a player temporary full access to your island. Notifies other team members and the leader when this happens. Use it wisely.
- /island expel <player> - Removes coop status. Also ejects player from your island.
- /asc*, */c* or */challenge* access challenge commands
- /challenge - Shows the GUI for challenges available to the player.
- /challenge complete or c - attempts to complete a challenge, of just click in the GUI
Access via /asadmin command (check in game for latest set of commands. This page may not be up to date.):
Console And Game Available Commands
Team Editing Commands
- /asadmin reload - reloads all the configuration files. Use this if you have edited the .yml files.
- /asadmin delete <player> - deletes a player's island. 100% permanent, no undo - *warning*
- /asadmin completechallenge <player> <challengename> - completes an individual challenge for a player
- /asadmin resetchallenge <player> <challengename> - resets a challenge for a player
- /asadmin resetallchallenges <player> - clears all challenges for a player
- /asadmin purge [TimeInDays] - *warning* very dangerous command. Will remove all old/unused islands where the player has not logged in for X number of days. Strongly recommend you back up the world first and run when no players are online.
- /asadmin info <player> - Displays info on a player and their island
- /asadmin info challenges <player> - Displays player challenge completion status.
- /asadmin spy - Enables admin to see team chats. Admin must have appropriate permission.
- /asadmin topten - Generates the top ten list if it does not exist - this runs through all player files and finds out the island levels from them. It will not recalculate island levels - this command should never need to be run.
- /asadmin unregister <player> - Removes a player from an island without deleting the island blocks
- /asadmin clearreset <player> - Clears the reset limit for a player
- /asadmin clearresetall - Resets every player in the game to the value in config.yml. Use if you change the config.yml value.
- /asadmin setbiome <leader> <biome> - Sets leader's island biome.
- /asadmin setrange <leader> <range> - Sets the protection range of the leader's island up to a maximum of the island distance.
- /asadmin topbreeders - lists up to 10 islands with the most entities on them. Only lists islands that are currently loaded by the server.
- /asadmin team kick <player> - Removes player from any team.
- /asadmin team add <player> <leader> - Adds player to the leader's team.
- /asadmin register <player> - Registers the closest island to <player>. To use, go to an island and execute the command.
- /asadmin setspawn - Sets the spawn point for the world. The spawn area has special rules and protections.
- /asadmin tp <player> - Teleport to a player's island
- /asadmin unregister - Removes any player registration for the island you are standing on.
- /asadmin deleteisland confirm - Deletes the island you are standing on. Note that you must type the full command.
- /asadmin info - Provides info on the island that you are standing on.
- /asadmin setrange - Sets the range of the island you are on. If the area is spawn, the range can be greater than the island range.
Regular players should typically be given the following:
and if you want to use the control panel:
If island protection or commands are not working check your permissions before requesting help!
These are permissions that define how many or how big something is:
Scroll down in the code box to see all permissions:
- Max homes - askyblock.island.maxhomes.<number>
- Max team members - askyblock.team.maxsize.<number>
- Initial island protection size - askyblock.island.range.<number>
Welcome Warp SignsCode (Text):
description: Allow teleporting to player island
description: Let the player use the /island command
description: Let the player check their island level
description: Let the player see the top ten list
description: Let the player set their island teleport point
description: Let the player use the /challenges command
description: Let the player use /island warp to warp to a players island
description: Let the player place a Welcome warp sign
description: Allows usage of the minishop
description: Allows usage of the island GUI
description: Allows biome changing
description: Allows island locking
description: Allows expelling of visitors
description: Allows banning of visitors
description: Player can see server settings
description: Player can select a language
description: Player can set the name of their island
description: Player can see the value of a block
description: Player can use the island spawn command if spawn exists
description: Player can use the island reset or restart command
description: Let a player invite other players to join a team
description: Let a player kick other players
description: Let a player make another player leader of the team
description: Let a player join another player's team
description: Allow player to use team chat
description: Event commands will not be run for players with this perm
description: Player is exempt from commands run when island resets
description: Player is exempt from commands run when they leave or are kicked. Note will not help if player is offline.
description: Player is exempt from commands run when starting an island
description: Player is exempt from commands run when a challenge is completed
description: Player is exempt from commands run when accepting a team invite
description: Allows player to use the coop command
description: Allow crafting and use of enderchests in askyblock
description: Allows tilling of coarse dirt into dirt
description: Includes player in top ten
description: Excludes player from hunger if on island
description: Allow player to fly inside his island boundaries
description: Ability to change settings in GUI
# ACID_DAMAGE, ANVIL, ARMOR_STAND, BEACON, BED, BREAK_BLOCKS, BREEDING, BREWING,
# BUCKET, COLLECT_LAVA, COLLECT_WATER, CHEST, CHORUS_FRUIT, CRAFTING, CROP_TRAMPLE,
# DOOR, EGGS, ENCHANTING, ENDER_PEARL, ENTER_EXIT_MESSAGES, FIRE, FIRE_EXTINGUISH,
# FIRE_SPREAD, FURNACE, GATE, HORSE_INVENTORY, HORSE_RIDING, HURT_MOBS, LEASH,
# LEVER_BUTTON, MOB_SPAWN, MUSIC, PLACE_BLOCKS, PORTAL, PRESSURE_PLATE, PVP,
# MILKING, NETHER_PVP, REDSTONE, SPAWN_EGGS, SHEARING, VILLAGER_TRADING,
# VISITOR_ITEM_DROP, VISITOR_ITEM_PICKUP
description: Let a moderator update the top ten list
description: Let a moderator see info on a player
description: Let a moderator access challenge commands
description: Gives mod immunity to acid
description: Allows setting or reseting of a player's home position
description: Allow clearing of island reset limit
description: Allows teleport to an island
description: Allows teleport to a nether island
description: Allow moderator to bypass island protection
description: Allow moderator to bypass island expulsion
description: Allows setting player island biomes
description: Lists most populated islands current loaded
description: Locks or unlocks an island
description: Bypasses an island lock
description: Enables warp sign admin commands
description: Spy on team chats
description: Gives ability to remove warp signs
description: Enables modification of teams via kick and add commands
description: Enables naming of player's islands
description: Enables reset of player's island names
description: Sets how many deaths the player has
description: Allow clearing of island reset limit of all players
description: Reload the config.yml
description: Let a player completely remove a player (including island)
description: Let a player completely remove the island the player is on
description: Let a player register the nearest island to another player.
description: Removes a player from an island without deleting the island blocks.
description: Let a player purge old islands.
description: Gives admin immunity to acid
description: Allows use of spawn tools
description: Allows setting of island protection range
description: Lists most populated islands current loaded
description: Reserves an empty spot for a player's next island
description: Resets all the islands to default protection settings
description: Player cannot be banned from an island
description: Displays magic cobble gen stats
description: Resets all player languages and sets the default language
Welcome Warp Signs are an easy way for players to make warps. Each player can generate only one warp. They create a warp by placing a sign with the first line [WELCOME] on it. If the warp creation is successful, that line will become green. If there is a problem, it will become red.
[If you want Welcome Warp Signs for other worlds or just as a stand alone plugin - download it here]
Warps are listed under /island warps and are the player's name. Players can warp by typing /island warp <name of warp>.
To destroy or remove a warp, the player should destroy or remove the sign.
The other lines on the sign can say anything the player wants.
The safety of a warp is checked to a certain extent, but it's possible for players to create traps with warp signs. This may or may not be okay with the server admin, but can be interpreted as being part of the game.
Java docs are here.
Most languages are now built in and you will find them in the /locale directory.
These languages are built-in (at least):
These are available as locale files for download:
- English UK and US
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
This plugin utilizes a plugin metrics system, which means that the following information is collected and sent to bstats.org:
Visit bstats.org if you would like to learn more about the stats collected. Go into /plugins/bStats/config.yml to disable stat collecting if you wish.
- Your server's randomly generated UUID
- The amount of players on your server
- The online mode of your server
- The bukkit version of your server
- The java version of your system (e.g. Java 8)
- The name of your OS (e.g. Windows)
- The version of your OS
- The architecture of your OS (e.g. amd64)
- The system cores of your OS (e.g. 8)
- bStats-supported plugins
- Plugin version of bStats-supported plugins
Problems or New Feature Ideas?
Please check here to see if this problem or idea is already posted. If not, post a ticket here so it can be tracked.