AssassinMinigame is a plugin that integrates a minigame called Assassin into your survival server.
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
How to play Assassin
All of the players playing assassin are teleported to the selected map. They are given 10 seconds to spread out. After 10 seconds, one player is chosen to be the Assassin, and he must kill all of the other players in the minigame to win. The assassin must kill secretly, so the other players don't know who is the assassin.
However, one player is chosen to be the archer, and this player must find the assassin and kill him so he and the rest of the players (the civilians) can win. If the assassin kills the archer, another player must retrieve the dropped infinity bow and arrow and then that player becomes the archer.
Every 15 seconds, two items spawn around the players (configurable). It is either a bow or an arrow, and the assassin cannot pick up these items; only civilians can, so if the assassin takes too long to kill all the players, the civilians have a chance to kill him if the archer doesn't.
You can view a video of gameplay here:
Getting in the Game
This plugin was built so that Assassin could be played on a single-world survival server. To play the game, players must type "/assassin join". The server will announce that this player is playing Assassin, and "(Assassin)" will be appended to his username on the tab list. Once there are at least three players playing Assassin, a player must type "/assassin start" to start the game.
The Game Coordinator
If there are no players in the minigame, the first one who does becomes the game coordinator. This player currently only has the ability to select the next map to play on. The game coordinator will be able to do much more than this in the future, such as kick a player from the minigame, give the game coordinator status to another player, etc. However, these features have not been added yet.
- Leaderboards Players are rewarded for winning Assassin. Civilians who kill other civilians with their bows will be punished. The civilian who kills the assassin will be rewarded 10 points, and every other civilian will be rewarded 5. If the assassin wins, he will be rewarded 5 points, plus 2 points for each players he kills. If a civilian shoots another civilian with a bow, the killer will lose 10 points. The top five scores plus your own can be viewed by typing "/assassin leaderboards"
- Lobby When players join the game, they are teleported to a configured location called the lobby. This can be spawn or a hollow box of barrier blocks in the sky... it's up to you. Type "/assassin config spawn lobby" to set the spawn of the lobby.
- Multiple Maps You can set up multiple maps. Type "/assassin config map add [map_name]" to add a new map. Type "/assassin config spawn [map_name]" to change the spawn location of the map. The game coordinator (or the first person to join the game) or an operator gets to choose the next map by typing "/assassin map [map_name]". If there is no map chosen when the game starts, a random one is automatically chosen. To remove a map, type "/assassin config map delete [map_name]".
- Localization Edit plugins/AssassinMinigame/messages.yml to customize every message that is sent to players. If a message supports certain variables, all of those variables are in the default message so you know what variables you can use.
- Configurable Much of the plugin works out of the box with only the requirement of adding a map, and even then, a default map is added if none exist. However, if you want to fine tune the plugin, many options are configurable, and many more are to come.
- TitleAPI: This is required if you wish to display titles during the game. The titles will tell each player at the beginning of the game whether they are a civilian, the archer, or the assassin. The plugin will still work without this dependency, but there won't be titles. If this dependency is not present, AssassinMinigame will send players a message via chat instead.
- This plugin creates the team "Assassin" from the server's main scoreboard, plus a new objective called "assassinScore". If you are currently using these on your server, using this plugin is not recommended.
- While minimum-players can be configured, if it is set to less than 3, the plugin will automatically bump it back up to 3.