- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
Ever found it frustrating to have to manually zip up certain folders of your Minecraft server in order to download them and keep them safe off-site?
Or forgotten to back the world up frequently enough in order to avoid problems with chunk corruption?
This plugin is designed to automate these boring tasks for you.
It should be noted, that although the plugin was designed with safety and performance in mind, incorrect usage can cause problems. The author(s) is/are not responsible for any damage(s) and the plugin comes with no warranty. Please read the documentation carefully when in doubt!
A website with more information may be coming soon.
Although this is plugin is very much new, the following features are stable:
- General backup of all server files
- Selective backups of certain directories
- Backup scheduler that backs your server up every X minutes
- Permission-based backups
- Output of backed-up files as a compressed ZIP archive to save up on disk usage
- Well described and commented configuration
- Config option to specify compression level
- Setting to back a directory up non-recursively.
To be added:
Other features that will be coming soon are:
Feel free to suggest new features in the plugin discussion thread.
- Different output formats (RAR, TAR.GZ...)
- Automatic uploading of the backups on Google Drive/Dropbox/OneDrive/(S)FTP server/whatever in order to save disk space on the hosted Minecraft server
- Setting to delete backups older than X days.
- Encryption of the ZIP with password protection.
- Command to manage past backups, automatically delete old ones if they reach a certain age or a certain number (partially added)
- MySQL backup
- ...and more!
Note: The bold features are the ones being worked on and planned for the next release(s).
- Java 8 or higher
- CraftBukkit/Spigot/forks MC v1.13+, lower versions possibly work as well but are unsupported
Configuration and Setup:
Steps to install and set up:
- Download the .jar file and place it within the plugins/ directory of your Minecraft server
- Restart the Minecraft server to generate the default configuration files
- Edit the configuration file to reflect your needs and taste
- Reload the plugin with the command /backup reload
- Assign permissions to the staff members who you wish to be able to manually trigger backups (Optional). See below for a list of permissions.
Source and Information:
The plugin is open source, as such you can find the source code here. Feel free to open issues and pull requests. A GitHub wiki page can be found here. In the meantime, these are the commands and permissions the plugin offers:
Permission to run /backup help above message.autobackup.reload
Permission to run /backup reload in order to reload the plugin configuration file from disk. This also interrupts any currently scheduled backups and re-schedules them in order to account for user changes in their configuration.autobackup.list
Permission to run /backup list to view all potential backup modes a player has access to. If a player does not have access to any backup modes, they will be unable to see any information.autobackup.default
Permission to run the pre-configured default-mode (/backup default).autobackup.backup.<mode>
Permission to run a certain backup mode specified in the command /backup take <mode>.autobackup.purge
Note: a mode is just a kind of backup that you have pre-configured. See the configuration file for more information.
Permission to purge all past backups through /backup purge. If the config option allow-players-purge is set to false, all players will be locked out of the purging command regardless of permissions or operator status.
Bugs and Feature Requests:
- To request new features and report bugs or other kinds of problems or generally ask for help, please post to the plugin discussion thread
Please do not report bugs, ask for help or submit suggestions in the reviews section, no support is offered there! Use the provided links instead, thank you.
- AutoBackup is currently unlikely to work properly on Microsoft Windows. See the wiki article for an explanation.
The plugin, both in source or binary (compiled) form, is licensed under the Apache License v2.0.
You may not:
- Download the plugin for whatever use you need it for
- Share it with other people, linking them back to this page (only official download)
- Take credit for changes you make, and only those.
Please read the full license for more information.
- Tell people you made it and/or take the credit for it.
- Setup unofficial download links - I'd love if you shared this resource with people, but only if you share this resource's URL.
Find this resource useful? I'd love it if you left a review. You can also consider donating a couple bucks for coffee or pizza ☕ (link at the top).
As an automatic polling method, this plugin makes use of bstats to collect general statistics about the plugin usage. Any data your server sends to bstats is completely anonymous and can never be associated to your server, your server's IP or your players' data. We find this data a useful indicator of what the server administrators may need from the plugin, and are grateful for your help because it helps us improve the plugin.
Thank you for downloading this resource ^_^
Schedule and perform automatic backups
- 1.2.1 - Fix minor issue with config reloads Feb 19, 2021
- 1.2.0 - Non Recursive Backups, Windows 10, Backup Purging Feb 12, 2021
- 1.1.1 - Reworked Config descriptions, minor optimizations Feb 10, 2021