This game depends on my plugin GameBox!
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
Sink your opponents ships before he sinks yours!
A fun inventory game for two Players
open the spoilers for some awesome pictures
This game depends on my plugin GameBox. It is one of many inventory games for which GameBox provides a neat GUI and lots of customization.
Take a look at the GameBox page for the other games
This two player game is about sinking your opponents ships, before he sinks yours. Each player can see two different inventories. One is shown while the opponent is attacking. It shows your own ships on the water and slots that were fired at before are marked.
The enemy did not fire before:
The other inventory is shown while the player is attacking and displays hidden slots where the player did not fired at yet. With a click on one of these hidden slots the player fires and the slot will reveal either water or an enemy ship.
Five hits and one miss:
Five hits and two misses:
The game is won if one player hit all ships of his opponent. Per default the game is also won, if the opponent does not fire during the fire timer (default: 10 seconds). This can be changed in the configuration file.
This game was finished because the first player did not shoot during his 10 second time frame (configurable in configuration file).
For the game to start the players must first place their ships. The number or each ship type can be set to one or to two in the configuration file. There are four different ship types: two blocks long, three blocks long, four blocks long and five blocks long.
No ship placed yet (click to place one block):
The shown player has already placed his first (5 blocks long) and his second (4 blocks long) ship and is now waiting for the other player to finish placing the second ship. If the timer runns out without a player placing his/her ship(s) the game will place them randomly and will move on to the next step.
- You can set a cost and a reward for playing (requires Vault and an economy plugin). Both players have to pay, the winner gets the reward regardless of how he won (see next point)
- You can also set a rewards in token (see GameBox paga for more information on the token system)
- If one player closes the inventory he gives up! That means the other player won.
- All used block types are configurable
- You can configure the countdowns
- How much time the players have to set one ship type
- How much time they have to fire
- How much time the players have to see what happened, bevore attacker and defender grids are changed
- All messages/inventory titles
- Specify the language file you want to use in your config
- If you wrote a language file in a language i do not have yet, please tell me so i can add it to the default files
- lang_de.ymlCode (YAML):# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------#
# Battleship config #
# name of the language file (in the folder 'language')
# the default.yml file is overwritten on every server restart!
# This means you will have to use the other files to customize the messages, but since i am adding messages regulary in updates
# you can use the default file if you just want to have the up to date english default messages
# define the Material and data for the button (format: 'material:data')
# display name of the button
# lore of the button
- "&1Heavy battle on the ocean"
# number of ships in the game (only 1 or 2)
# if not set they will all default to 1
- '&l&51 Carrier, 1 Battleship,'
- ' &l&52 Cruisers, 1 Destroyer'
- '&1Cost: &45'
- '&1Reward: &210'
# slot of the button in the gui
# be careful to not use the same twice ;)
inviteGuiTitle: " Start a game of &3Battleship"
displayName: "&l&1Special rule"
- '&l&5One ship of each kind'
- '&1Cost: &410'
- '&1Reward: &215'
- '&l&5In this game the attacker'
- ' &l&5will even change after a hit'
# false by default
# this changes attacker even if you hit a ship
# false by default
# this changes attacker when the fire timer ran out instead of ending the game
inviteGuiTitle: " &3Battleship&r with special rules"
- '&l&52 Cruisers otherwise'
- ' &l&5one of each ship'
- '&1Cost: &450'
- '&1Reward: &2100'
- '&l&5Your number of wins'
- ' &l&5in this game will be tracked!'
- '&l&5Compare yourself'
- ' &l&5with others in the top list.'
# if true the best score of this button is saved
inviteGuiTitle: " &3Battleship &5Combat"
# use the same key as the game you want to display the top list for
# for that button 'saveStats' must be true (see above)
displayName: "&l&cTop list"
- "&1Combat &1top list"
# inventory title of the top list (%player% and %game%)
inventoryTitle: ' Top List'
# Lore of the skulls in the inventory. Use %rank% for the rank and %wins% for the number of wins
- '&6Rank:&1 %rank%'
- '&6Wins:&1 %wins%'
# play sounds in the game
# requires vault and an economy plugin
# use "Material:data" or "ID:data"
# Some materials can not be displayed in an inventory, just test everything after changing
# You are advised to use different materials. At least on the same grid
# otherwise the game could break
name: "&8Locked ship"
name: "&2Yeah! A miss!"
name: "&4Damn! A hit..."
name: "&4That did not hit..."
name: "&2Booom! Gotcha"
# Customise the timers used in the game (all times in seconds)
# timer used during the ship-set part of the game
# timer used during the main part of the game
# timer used when attacker and defender change
If you like my inventory games you should take a look at Minesweeper, GemCrush and all the other GameBox games or express your happiness with a small donation
- mark sunk ships by adding glow to them
Tell me your ideas!
Got any bugs or suggestions? Please tell me in the discussion.
Battleship ⚓ [for GameBox] 3.1.0
Play Battleship against a second player in an inventory
- Minecraft 1.13 Jul 28, 2018
- Update for GameBox v2 Mar 31, 2018
- Added missing title to langauge file + improved default messages Sep 22, 2017