Check out the new websiteThe BBF Economy Tool is a tool I made using Excel (This is not a plugin). This tool allows server admins to easily create a stable server economy without spending hours calculating costs and looking up recipes.
BBF Economy Tool
In a nut shell this tool takes and calculates how much it would cost to create one (1) of each item.
How It works
To accomplish this the server admin inputs a few settings and sets the prices for “Base Items” (the items used in every recipe). While these settings are being filled in the tool automatically calculates the price of each item.
By far the best feature of this tool is its ability to export your prices to a working worth.yml file for Essentials and a working prices.properties file for ItemFrameShops.
Aside from those awesome features I have built in a huge list of other great features that will benefit your players. There are also quite a few features designed to benefit the admins.
- Add Horse Armor and related items (optional)
- Add Chainmail Armor (optional)
- Choose how Dye's are Crafted (options below)
- Craft some colors by mixing Dyes (Red dye + Yellow Dye = Orange Dye x2)
- Dye Are Produced by flowers (usually cheaper)
- Creates prices for Enchanted Books
- Choose the cost of XP
- Affects Bottle of Enchanting and Enchanted Book Prices
- Calculate the cost of Fireworks
- Set the Cost of Lava, Water, and Milk
- Affects recipes that call for water, lava, and milk
- Configure the cost of Ore Blocks
- Calculate the cost of any banner
- Select your banner features and the tool will show you exactly how to craft it as well.
- Worry Free
- Everything is password protected so you cant accidentally delete formulas
- I am also more then happy to give the password to any user who requests it
- Know the Password? Simply punch one of the keybindings to easily protect/unprotect all worksheets.
- Protect = Ctrl+Shift+P
- Unprotect = Ctrl+U
- Easily Increase/Decrease the decimal points
- Want more then 2 decimal points (0.00) simply punch one of the following key bindings to change it on any worksheet
- Increase = Ctrl+Shift+I
- Decrease = Ctrl+Shift+D
- Easily hide/unhide non configurable rows to quickly make "Base Item" price changes
- Easily navigate to any page using the links provided on every worksheet
- Easily hide/unhide recipe column
- Optional Step By Step settings configurations
- Helps you learn more about each setting and how it affects the prices
- Dont want set up assistance?
- Simply press "Cancel" when prompted.
- If for some reason you need more info on a setting simply click the convenient button next to it and a window will explain what it does.
I have also added a file that lists every item into its correct "Creative Tab" location. This makes making shops super easy if you base your shops on the creative tabs.
If you base your shops off different item features or uses i am more then willing to make you your own quick and easy to use item listing.
Requirements/How to Use
The only thing you need to make this work is Microsoft Excel.
This tool was made using Excel 2013 if you use an older version I cannot guarantee all features will work as intended.
I have not tested this tool on OpenOffice, LibreOffice or any other Excel look alike therefore I cannot guarantee how it may work if you use one of these programs.
How To Use
To use this tool simply follow to instructions below
- Download the current version
- Open and read the "Read me - Change Log file
- Open the "Settings" File
- Follow the on screen instructions to configure your settings
- Click on the "Next Step" button or open the "All Items" file
- Fill in the "Green" cells with the price of each "Base Item"
- Click the button at the top of the page to expand all non configurable rows and view your prices
After all your prices are made you can convert these prices to either a
To do this follow these steps.
- worth.yml file for Essentials
- prices.properties file for ItemFrameShop
The Essentials worth.yml conversion only converts the single "Sell" prices. This is because using Essentials players can type /worth and check how much they will get for selling an item and /sell to sell items and get paid for them. Essentials does not allow for buying items thru commands.
- Click the "Conver to File" button in the "All Items" file
- Follow the on screen instructions
- Once the conversions are done the file will save the same location as the tool's files
The ItemFrameShops price.properties file can export either buy or sell prices. ItemFrameShops allows admins to select whether their server shops buy's or sell's items. Depending on how you use the plugin you ca select which values you wish to export.
Not all Items are added to the exported files. If an item has a price of 0.00 it is skipped by the conversion tool and not added to the files. Also if you selected "False" in your settings file for items like horse armor they will not show up either, however If you selected "True" those items will be exported.I will add almost any suggested feature you wish me to add but below are a few of the things i will be adding
- Colored Leather Armor Calculator (Currently working on)
- More To comeAs of 2.3.2 all issues seem to be corrected. If you notice a problem or experience a problem please PM me or E-mail me at [email protected]
Often Times some problems do occur and
i am going to attempt to walk you thru some resolutions to these problems.
Features not working
Often times you may notice some features such as Buttons, Key Bindings, or the conversion tool are not working. This may possibly be caused because you failed to enable macros.
Macros are in short commands to run specific tasks and if you fail to enable these macros those tasks cannon and will not work as intended.
Their are two ways to enable macros the first of which is the easiest.
- When you first open a file you might see this
By clicking the "Enable Content" you are allowing macros to run.
- If you already have your setting in place it may be easier to enable them this way
- Click "File" in the upper left hand corner
- Click "Options"
- Go to "Trust Center"
- Go to "Trust Center Settings"
- Go to "Macro Settings"
- Check "Enable all Macros"
- Click "OK"
Links arent Updating
Links are how cells of data are calculated and because some links point to other worksheets and you may not save these worksheets to the same location i had them set up to you may experience some link issues.
This might seem like a really big deal however it is very easy to fix.
If you open a workbook and get this message
dont be scared simply follow these steps.
- Click "Cancel"
- Press Ctrl+U
- Insert "102810" into the field (Without the "")
- Click "OK"
- Go to and click the "DATA" tab at the top of Excel
- Find the "Edit Links" button and click it
- You should now see this
as you can see the Settings.xlsm source could not be found
- Click on the link that could not be found (take not of the name)
- Click "Change Source"
- Navigate to your "Economy Tool Folder"
- Click the file matching that of the one not found
- Click "OK"
- Once Finished close the "Edit Links" box
- Press Ctrl+Shift+P and enter "102810" (Without the "")
Why I made This Tool/About Me
----------------------------------------I made this tool to simplify the pricing on my own servers (upwards to 10 of them). I was tired of doing all the math myself and then losing the paper and having to remember recipes.
I looked for a very long time trying to find a tool like mine and never found one I liked or that would fit my needs until one day I found a tool that looked great until I noticed it was versions behind the newest minecraft and was missing loads of items, so I decided to make my own much like the one I liked and was outdated.
After hours and hours of starting fresh cross referencing tons of websites for the correct information I made my tool. The end result was way better than I ever expected and because of that I told myself I couldn’t keep it to myself and I knew if I was looking for it others had to be as well so I uploaded it.I am in my middle twenties and I have played online games with my current clan (clanbbf.com) for a number of years now. I have worked my way up the ranks within BBF and am now one of the leading officers and I manage most of our website.
I also own 10 Minecraft servers, I have a full time job, 2 Dogs, 5 Cats, a 3 year old son, a fiancée, and I help with my fiancée’s business. I am a very busy person but will try my hardest to keep this tool running smoothly.
If you want to learn more or just have questions message me or E-mail me at [email protected]