- Tested Minecraft Versions:
BetterShutdown aims to provide a better shutdown experience. It will stop the shutdown process, kick all players to a predefined list of servers, and send them a custom message. While all this happens, the server still works, so there's no risk of any error. When all players have been kicked out, blocking the entrance of new players, it shutdowns itself, now without any players online.
I've added a completely new set of features to this remake, to make the experience a lot better.
These are the previously available features:
Note: New features (compared to the old version, found here) are highlighted in bold.
- Listening to any server stop(not just /stop). This means the plugin will detect stops from automatic restart plugins, for example.
- Complete in-game control. Change every value with commands. No FTP needed.
- Config File reload. No more need to restart the server to apply changes. No more need to stop the server to see the changes have been applied.
- Improved performance.
- Customizable amount of time to wait. Now, you can change the amount of time to let the plugin to kick all players before shutting down. This is useful for large servers with a high amount of players online.
- Version compatibility. Support from 1.7.10 all the way up to 1.11.2. All this with the same jar, so you never have to worry about having the wrong file for one of your servers in your network.
- Updates. I will be providing updates to the plugin with more features. You can also suggest new ones on the discussion thread here.
- Stability. This version is much more stable than the previous one. Therefore, you don't have to worry about using it on large networks.
- Easier overall experience. It should be easier to change that last thing you forgot with the in-game commands, and the config file also changed, to make things more comfortable for you. It supports color codes!
- Config File with color code support
- Completely customizable experience
- Ability to set up more than one lobby server(chosen at random)
Specific command help
Setting config values in-game
A more detailed(and easier to read) list of commands is avaiable here.
- /bs help [command] ----> Provides general help if no args are provided.
- /bs help [command] ----> Provides specific help about the specified command.
- /bs addsv / addserver <server> ----> Adds a server to the list
- /bs removesv / removeserver <server>----> Removes a server from the list
- /bs list ----> List all servers
- /bs setwait <seconds> ----> Sets the wait time before shutting down
- /bs setleave <message> ----> Sets the message sent to players when they are sent to a lobby
- /bs setstop <message> ----> Sets the stop message sent to players when they are trying to join and the server is shutting down
- /bs reload ----> Reloads the configuration file
A list of all the permissions this plugin has is available here.
Reporting bugs & suggesting featuresCode (YAML):#
# Welcome to the BetterShutdown Reloaded
# Config File! In here you'll be able to
# customize a lot of variables. Enjoy!
# Help to understand what each variable
# does will be provided with comments
# like this ON TOP of the setting
# In here, you'll need to place a list of servers the players will be kicked to
# The name of them should be the same as their names on your BungeeCord config
# You can place as many as you want, but make sure they all exist on your BC config
# This is the message the player will see when they get sent to another server
# You can use color codes on this setting
LeaveMessage: '&cYou have been moved to a lobby server.'
# This is the message a player will see when they try to join while the server is stopping
# You can use color codes on this setting
StopMessage: '&cThis server is safely stopping. Please wait a few seconds for it to come back online.'
# This number is the amount of seconds the plugin uses to kick all players before stopping the server
# In some servers, the default option (5) may not be enough due to a large amount of players connected
# If you are experiencing problems with certain players that are not moved to a lobby before stopping
# Increase this number to a higher value, but remember not to put ridiculously high numbers.
If you need help with anything, open an issue on GitHub here, PM me on Spigot here or leave a message on the discussion thread here.
If you're suggesting a feature on GitHub, make sure to include "[Suggestion]" on its issue title.
WARNING: Please, don't reload your server with this plugin, there's a reload function to apply config file changes.
BetterShutdown Reloaded (1.7.10-1.13) 1.13 SUPPORTED 1.0.5
Kick players to a random lobby safely before stopping and configure it in a server-by-server basis.