- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- https://github.com/Nuytemans-Dieter/BetterSleepingAuthor's note: BetterSleeping v3 for Minecraft 1.12 is available on the GitHub releases page. Look for the jar called BetterSleeping-1.12.jar. Downloads on Spigot are strictly 1.13+.
BetterSleeping is a Spigot plugin that guarantees a better sleeping experience for Spigot servers! It aims to improve sleeping in multiplayer by only having a certain percentage of players sleep. BetterSleeping strives to be the best sleeping plugin out there by providing great support, offering the most features and great customizability.
BetterSleeping is well documented and easy to configure. Take a look at the wiki. If this wiki does not satisfy your admin needs, feel free to join the BetterSleeping Discord server (or our general BetterPlugins Discord server) to get help or submit a suggestion. You can contact me however you want: In a GitHub issue, discussion section or through a PM on the forum. However, I am most active on Discord.
This is the free version of BetterSleeping. The premium version was released to make sure I can keep putting my time in this awesome project. All core features will always be a part of the free version!
Outdated but awesome showcase (v2, before the complete rewrite)
Customizability is the most important feature. Check the wiki to see all options and commands.
Interested in a customisable prefix and/or command GUIs? Check out BetterSleeping Premium! The free version now uses a shortened prefix by default: [BS].
And even more features will be added in the future. Make sure to submit your ideas so I get an idea what is wanted by the community.
- Set a percentage of minimum players in a world that need to sleep. Or set a static number that will always be the same.
- Time goes by faster when enough players are sleeping or time is set to day after a delay when enough players sleep. It's totally up to you.
- The speedup of time is customisable and includes a base speedup, extra speedup per extra sleeping player and max speedup.
- The delay players need to stay in bed before the time is set, can be customised.
- Read more about these options on the wiki!
- Multiple languages are supported for most messages. This includes English, Dutch, Portuguese and Spanish. It is also possible to use a custom lang file!
- Disable worlds where you don't want BetterSleeping to work
- There is singular/plural support built into the language system!
- Missing options can be automatically added to config files. This happens when you delete an existing option or new features are added in an update.
- Disable any BetterSleeping message you don't need!
- Reload BetterSleeping configuration without having to restart/reload your server with /bs reload
- Phantoms can be entirely disabled!
- Give buffs (potion effects) to players that slept! Also non-sleepers can get potion effects (referred to as debuffs).
- Bypass permissions allow a player to be ignored by the required sleeping count. These players can sleep if they want to. Check the wiki to learn how to give these permissions.
- Essentials support! Afk and vanished players are ignored by the required sleeping counter by default.
BetterSleeping has a developer API! Check the dev API wiki for all info.
When using Maven, simply add the following to your pom.xml:
Make sure to use the latest version (check this on GitHub packages).Code (Text):<dependency>
Current API features:
- Get the cause: natural (by not sleeping), sleeping, other (time set or other plugins)
- Get the world that became day
- Get the players that were in bed in that world
- Get the players that were not in bed in that worldThere is a complete wiki that contains information about commands, permissions and configuration. You can take a look at the wiki here.
For support, you can:
- Join the BetterSleeping Discord server
- Join the BetterPlugins Discord server
- Make a GitHub issue
- Send me a PM
- Head over to the discussion tab
Interested in an easy way of navigating to other players or saved waypoints? Check out BetterNav!
BetterNav: Navigate to players or waypoints easily
BetterSleeping [1.12- 1.16] 3.0.4
Makes sleeping in multiplayer useful and fun!
Incredible plugin. I was using Harbor before for a similar smooth night skipping feature, but it didn't have integration with Gsit. Vallas, the creator, responded to my requests in less than a minute on the discord; I wish all plugin authors were as quick to respond as he is. He also added the feature I requested (something rare) in less than a week. Would give 10/10 if I could.
I like it. It allows me to encourage people to sleep on a halfway regular basis through a nice reward/punish system.
Downside/Suggestion - The timer in sleeping_settings.yml doesn't reset when an additional player goes into their bed. The current system seems to start counting only from the first player, which makes the race to get into bed for other players feel not right. Or maybe just add a setting so we can choose "first" or "last" for the start point of the timer.
Works great on 1.16.4 servers.
If you have any questions or need help, the developer is on their Discord by your side, trying their best to fix the issues.
Personally, I now prefer the Pro version because of the interchangeable prefix, but for regular users the free plugin is more than enough.
You can configure the plugin completely according to your wishes.
All other reviews are not telling the truth! In my opinion, it's the best plugin of its kind.
I so much wanted to like this plugin but I have found other plugins that do the same thing and are not restrictive. Since you cannot customise the prefix and I have no interest in an outdated plugin I will have to rate this only one star because it is useless. Also, the author claims to be nice but if you read his responses he comes off disingenuous and actually seems pretty mean sometimes in my opinion.
How many times are you going to respond to someone complaining about locking prefix customization behind a paywall before you realize it was a bad idea? Honestly, great work with the plugin but all that hard work is being crapped on by charging for a feature that was previously free. This was my go to plugin for enhancing vanilla sleeping in Minecraft but because of the recent updates it has lead me to search for an alternative. Lo and behold I found one, rather quickly. The name of the plugin is Harbor and it does what this plugin does but without charging for basic customization... and that was only the first result of many that came up. There are even datapacks that accomplish the same thing without the fuss. So in my opinion, if this is the way you are going to update your plugins in the future then please just stop altogether. Do something else with your time. If support is what you truly need there are better ways of garnering that. Come up with new features or plugins and charge for that instead. This is not how you do it.
I left a suggestion on Github, I'll love to see it implemented <3
Thank you for this amazing plugin!!!