- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
From time to time, I'd find myself needing to find a specific biome. My choices were limited and time-consuming: I could either fly around the map, open the map in MCEdit, or look at a web-based map to try and find one. All of those methods are often slow and inconvenient, so I made BiomeFinder.
BiomeFinder has several distinct advantages over other methods like seed map generators in that it instantly brings you right to the biome you're looking for without any external programs and it works even on worlds using a custom world generator.
Please leave a review if you like the plugin!
- Teleport instantly to any biome, either to a random location or the nearest location present in BiomeFinder's biome cache.
- Teleportation avoids spawning players in dangerous spots.
- The density and coverage area of the biome location grid created by BiomeFinder can be fine-tuned to your server's needs.
- View nearby biomes and their distance from your current location.
- Clickable signs to allow players to teleport to biomes without commands. Players can optionally be charged per use.
- After building the cache (which takes no more than a few minutes), BiomeFinder itself has very little impact on server performance other than players teleporting with it.
- Optional biome selection GUI. (requires BiomeFinder 1.2.6+ and UILib 0.1.6)
- Open-source, so you can view, use, and contribute to BiomeFinder's code.
- /bftp <biome> [near/far] [player] - Search for the specified biome, and teleport to it if the plugin can find one. The "near" and "far" keywords teleport to the nearest or furthest location of the specified biome in the cache.
- /bcachebuild <world> ([spawn] | [<x> <z>]) - Build the cache for the specified world. Can only be run from console. By default, this will index the biomes of over 66,000 locations in an area of 16384x16384 blocks, centered around your map's X: 0, Z: 0 coordinate. You can configure the number of index points and the distance between these points in the config.yml, and you can specify the center point for each world's cache by putting the desired X and Z coordinate after the world name. If you type "spawn" after the world name, the cache builder will use your world's spawn point as the center point. Alternatively, you can type individual X and Z coordinates.
- /biomereload - Reload the config and biome cache files.
- /bsearch - List nearby biome locations.
- biomefinder.tp: Use the /bftp command.
- biomefinder.tp.other: Teleport another player to a biome using /bftp. If you grant this you should grant biomefinder.tp as well.
- biomefinder.reload: Use the /biomereload command.
- biomefinder.bsearch: Use the /bsearch command.
- biomefinder.create: Create a [BiomeTP] sign.
- biomefinder.create.cost: Create a [BiomeTP] sign that charges players for using it.
- biomefinder.sign.[biomename]: Use a teleport sign for the specified biome.
- Place BiomeFinder.jar in your plugins folder and restart your server or load the plugin with PlugMan.
- In your server's console, type "bcachebuild" followed by the name of your world (and a custom center point, if desired).
- Once the cache finishes building, you're ready to use BiomeFinder. In-game, type /bftp followed by the name of the biome you want to teleport to, and you'll be teleported to a random location with that biome from the cache.
You can create signs that allow players to teleport to a random location by right-clicking. Format them like so:
Line 1: [BiomeTP]
Line 2: Nothing, or whatever you want.
Line 3: Biome name. Underscores can be omitted.
Line 4: Optional cost per teleport.
Players need to have biomefinder.sign.[biomename] to use a sign. You can give the biomefinder.create permission to allow players to create teleport signs.
BiomeFinder can display a biome selection GUI for the /bftp command. This feature requires UILib 0.1.6 to be installed.
Code (Text):# How many points should be cached in each direction from the center point?
# How many blocks should be between each point? Must be a multiple of 16.
# What is the maximum number of points that should be stored for each biome?
# What radius should be used when players use the /bsearch command?
# Should BiomeFinder check for updates on Spigot?
# Don't change the version number, it's to notify you if the config has been updated.
- Add a GUI for simplified usage. Added in 1.2.6
- Allow custom center points. Added in 1.1.5
- Add a command to list nearby biomes. Added in 1.1.6
- Add a caching system for lagless teleports to any biome after an initial run of the search algorithm. Added in 1.1.0
- What features would be useful for your server? Post in the discussion section or submit a ticket.
Quickly and effortlessly teleport to any biome!