This is a Blender plugin for import/export of vanilla minecraft .json models. The exporter is the main focus with more features/options.
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
Tested on Blender 2.83
1. git clone or copy this repository into your Blender scripts/addons or custom scripts folder.
2. Enable in Edit > Preferences > Add-ons (search for Minecraft JSON Import/Export)
- Can auto-generate texture from solid material colors
- Recenter/rescale to fit max Minecraft model volume
- Shift or center to blender origin
- Primitives for 8-,16-sided cylinders (solid + hollow)
- Primitive for sphere approximation
- Setting model position/scale/rotate on the player model
- Auto-create material during import and link to texture file (must add material + texture manually after importing)
Check the README in the github repo for specific details and restrictions on blender workflow. Because minecraft vanilla .json models are highly restrictive, the blender scene/objects to be exported must also follow very specific restrictions. The repo contains two basic blender file export examples.
My typical workflow:
1. Model geometry in blender
2. Add materials and use only solid colors
3. Export objects + auto generate texture using this exporter
4. Use Blockbench to set position/scale/rotate on player model
Example models I've made: