BlogMOTDWhat is it?
A simple RSS Plugin for Spigot 1.8+
(Development Builds at Bottom)
BlogMOTD is a quick and simple plugin that reads RSS Feeds from Web Blogs. It keeps track of the latest Post and can do a number of things with it.
What can it do?
What commands are added?
- It can display your latest blog post to users when they connect as a MOTD
- Broadcast to all users when a new post is made
- Allow users to check the latest blog post at any time.
What permissions are added?
- /blog - View the latest Blog Post at any time
- /blog force - Force check for new posts.
- /blog reload - Reload the BlogMOTD Config
- /motd - View the current MOTD
Everyone and their mum has these perms by default.
- blogmotd.view - Access to /blog
- blogmotd.motd - See the MOTD on connect and access /motdOperator Permissions
Operators have access to these perms by default.
Configuring the Plugin!
- blogmotd.force - Access to force check for posts.
- blogmotd.reload - Access to reload the config.
It's rather trivial to configure the plugin.
There are 4 Config Settings:
feed: The URL to your RSS Feed
motd: The message shown to players on join or via /motd
update: The broadcast message when a new post is found
current: The current blog post message shown in /blog
The settings motd, update & current are special, They can be either string lists or just a string, you can disable each feature by setting them to ""
Not much is required for this plugin, The provided Jar was built against Java 1.7 however In future I intend to build against 1.8 but until enough people have updated to JRE 1.8 I won't be building against 1.8
If you plan to use an RSS Feed from Enjin you will more than likely have to disable their security stuff and ensure the RSS Feed is public!
These are planned, When I have time and patience!
Feel free to suggest features. Providing they're not too complex or require more effort than I have Teabags.
- Command Execution upon update to allow stuff such as sending mail to users or using other Announcer plugins such as ActionbarAnnouncer (<33)
- None as of yet. The plugin shits brix if an RSS Feed doesn't return XML or a HTTP 200 though..
That's about covered it. If you have any issues or questions do not hesitate to comment!
I further apologize if this plugin isn't exactly up to scratch.
I've only been learning and coding Java over the past few days and this is my first Public Plugin!
You can get the latest build here
Current Build Status
Be warned! Development builds are not stable and may not even work at all!