Blue Book - the Minecraft Pricing Guide
Blue Book tells you how much an item is worth so you can keep your economy balanced. It handles standard, enchanted and worn items. Fully updated to handle V1.8 blocks and items.
Why the name "Blue Book"?
How much should you sell an enchanted Diamond Chestplate for? Which is worth more, a clock or an enchanting table? Stop picking prices at random and use this plugin instead!
This plugin is perfect for admins who want to set up malls or stores quickly and have a sane economy. Prices come from base-block prices in the the config file and calculated using real recipes. Add a profit in too!
- Price any item or block
- Works with 1.8 blocks and items, e.g. Armor Stands
- Multi-world support - have a different set of prices for ASkyBlock than Survival.
- Takes into account item wear and tear
- Gives a bonus for enchanted items
- Can display prices in chat or on a sign
If you want to know how prices are determined, read this page on the pricing methodology.
How to Use
If bluebook.signshow permission is enabled:
- Install (see below) and set permissions
If bluebook.show permission is enabled:
- Place a sign with [VALUE] as the first line
- Hold an object in your hand and hit the sign (or any nearby sign or chest)
- The value is shown on the sign
New in 1.9
- Hold an object in your hand and hit any nearby sign or chest
- The value is shown in chat
- Support for Server 1.8 blocks and items!
- An economy of some kind, e.g. Essentials, Miconomy, etc.
- Vault is NOT required.
Please file a ticket if you find a bug.
To find out the BlueBook price, hold an item in your hand and hit a chest or sign with it. See the screenshot for an example
- /bbreload - Admin command to reload config.yml settings
Only Ops will have automatic access to the BlueBook. If you want to allow it for others, you will need to give them the following permission:
Installation and Configuration
- bluebook.show - Permission to see the price guide
- bluebook.reload - Permission to reload the config.yml
- bluebook.signshow - Permission to have prices appear on signs with [VALUE] on them
- (For upgrading - copy or delete your bluebook/config.yml file)
- Download the plugin (bluebook.jar)
- Place into your plugins folder
- Restart your server (or reload plugins)
- The plugin will make a folder called BlueBook. Open that folder.
- Check config.yml and set the prices how you like. Usually the ones in there will already make sense.
- Make sure you set the profit* to something you are happy with! (100 means the prices will be double).
- Restart the server if you changed the prices or type /bbreload
- Set up permissions, e.g., with Pex, if you want to give permission to everyone use: /pex groups default add bluebook.signshow
- Reload permissions, e.g., /pex reload
If you never customized the config.yml file, then delete it so that new items will be added to it. If you did customize config.yml, then move it to a temporary file, reload or restart the server and compare the new config.yml with your old one. New items will be placed at the bottom of the list and marked with a comment.
- Any requests? Let me know!
Source code is on github here.
This plugin utilizes a plugin metrics system, which means that the following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org:
Visit mcstats.org if you would like to learn more about the stats collected. Go into /plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml to disable stat collecting if you wish.
- A unique identifier
- The server's version of Java
- Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- The plugin's version
- The server's version
- The OS version/name and architecture
- The core count for the CPU
- The number of players online
- The Metrics version