Note: This is a reloaded version of Qmind's Boiling Cauldrons, the original author last updated this plugin in 2016, so I made several changes to the code to improve performance, configurability and compability with Minecraft 1.13+.
- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Qmind (Original Author)
This can be aesthetic or functional or both, as it displays a particle effect above a cauldron and allows the player to cook food in the cauldron when fire or lava is placed under it. The max stack size and time for each item is configurable!!!
Each feature can be individually enabled or disabled in the configuration file.
The particles are right above the water regardless of the water level of the cauldron. The normal function of the cauldron is not changed. This is just a small visual effect to make a server seem more alive. I saw a server place a cauldron above fire as if to heat or boil the water, but the water was just sitting there, so I decided to make the setup a little more interesting.
To cook food, throw the raw food into the cauldron (the max stack size can be set in the config - defaults to 1). The cooked food will come out after the amount of time set in the config (defaults to 8 seconds) multiplied by the stack size and the water level will go down by one level. There must be some water in the cauldron in order for the food to be accepted into the cauldron.
Any creature (including players, damages configurable) inside a boiling cauldrons will take damage from the hot water! Convenient for mob / animal farms to cook the dropped resources.
/boilingcauldrons: Reload the configurations, requires permission boilingcauldrons.reload (default to OP).
- enabled-worlds: In which worlds does the plugin take effect.
- check-radius: The radius the plugin checks for cauldrons, high values may affect performance.
- cook-time: How many seconds does a cauldron cook a piece of food. Cooking can be disabled.
- max-stack: How many items does a cauldron can cook at once.
- foods: What foods can be cooked and the corresponding outcomes.
- damages: Control how much damage player and monsters / animals take from being inside a boiling cauldron. Damages can be disabled.
Boiling Cauldrons Reloaded 1.4.0
Makes water in cauldrons boil when there's fire under it and allows players to cook food in the boil