- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- Southpaw018, cindy_k, Llmdl
Cenotaph - A Dead Man's chest plugin for Bukkit
Save your players' inventory from disappearing when they die.
VERSION for Minecraft 1.14.4 and above only!
Forward support only!
If the player is carrying a chest when they die, place that chest and fill it with as much of their inventory as possible
If the player is allowed, and is carrying two chests, a large chest will spawn to catch all of their inventory
Possible for specific groups/players to be given free chests with no need to carry one with them
Any items that won't fit in the chest will still drop to the ground!
Supports the Permissions plugin, will default to allowing everyone to use basic tombstone if not available
Supports LWC for chest AND sign protection if it is installed
Configurable timeout for LWC unprotection
Configurable timeout for destruction of tombstones, works in unloaded chunks as well
Quickloot support, right click the sign on a tombstone to loot all items in it (Your tombstone only!)
Place a sign on top of the chest stating the players name and time of death
The ability to point your compass at your tombstones! (Broken in 1.4)
Configurable messages on Cenotaph signs
Admin commands for management
cenotaph.use - Allow the player/group to use the cenotaph mod
cenotaph.freechest - Allow the player to get a chest whether they are carrying a chest or not
cenotaph.large - Allow the player to spawn a large chest if carrying two chests and if one will fit
cenotaph.lwc - Protect the placed chest if LWC is enabled
cenotaph.lockette - Protect the placed chest if LocketteEnable config is true (you need lockette or deadbolt for this to work right)
cenotaph.sign - Whether the player gets a sign on their cenotaph chest
cenotaph.freesign - Allow the player to get a free sign whether they are carrying one or not.
cenotaph.freelockettesign - Give the player an additional free sign for Lockette
cenotaph.quickloot - Whether to allow a player/group to quickloot by right clicking the cenotaph sign.
cenotaph.nocost - Allow the player to not pay for the chest.
cenotaph.cmd.cenotaphlist - Allow this user to use /cenlist
cenotaph.cmd.cenotaphfind - Allow this user to use /cenfind
cenotaph.cmd.cenotaphinfo - Allow this user to use /ceninfo
cenotaph.cmd.cenotaphreset - Allow this user to use /cenreset
cenotaph.admin - Allow this user to physically destroy others' cenotaphs. Also a prerequisite for use of the other admin commands
cenotaph.admin.list - Allow this user to see all cenotaphs with /cenadmin list
cenotaph.admin.find - Allow this user to find any cenotaph with /cenadmin find
cenotaph.admin.info - Allow this user to check the time left on any cenotaph with /cenadmin time
cenotaph.admin.remove - Allow this user to destroy any cenotaph with /cenadmin remove
cenotaph.admin.reload - Allow this user to reload Cenotaph's configuration from config.yml
Lists your current cenotaphs with index numbers for the other commands.
Gives more information about a specific cenotaph and sets your compass to point at it.
Description: Tells how much time is left before a specific cenotaph unlocks or breaks
Sets your compass to point to your spawn again after using /cenfind
Displays all players with cenotaphs.
/cenadmin list <player>
Displays all cenotaphs for a player with indexes.
/cenadmin find <player> <index>
Displays additional information about a specific cenotaph (does not set compass like the user version does).
/cenadmin info <player> <index>
Gives time information about the indicated cenotaph.
/cenadmin remove <player> <index>
Destroys the indicated cenotaph, dropping its contents on the ground.
Displays the current version of this plugin and checks for a new version
See default config file for options and instructions.
Drakia: Cenotaph was originally Tombstone, by Drakia (TheDgtl). Many thanks to him for his hard work on the original plugin. You can access his Github repository here: https://github.com/TheDgtl/Tombstone
Acru: Thanks to Acru, the developer of Lockette, as well. His help getting the Lockette integration working as I stumbled by way though picking up Java was invaluable.
SouthPaw: for all the updates up to 4.0
cindyker: I removed the hard dependency on lockette for being available. Deadbolt and Lockette use the same sign types. So now it will just uses the config to decide.
LlmDl: making lockette support all it should be
- Add CAVE_AIR & BUBBLE_COLUMN to replaceable materials list.
- Remove Wither Roses from the canReplace list.
- Added support for HolographicDisplays
- When present, and enabled in the config, Cenotaph will spawn a hologram on top of the cenotaph rather than a sign.
- Added command: /cenadmin deletehologram
- Removes orphaned holograms from cenotaphs
- Must be in same chunk and within 5 blocks distance of the hologram
- Requires cenotaph.admin.deletehologram permission node.
- New database schema. Old databases will auto-convert.
- Removed lockette and LWC support and replaced it with built-in security system that requires no signs.
- Moved various things over to a new CenotaphUtil.
- Moved listeners to their own package.
- Cleaned up startup sequence.
- Fixed double chests spawning as two separate single chests. (Showed up as a bug in MC 1.13)
- Made signs on top of double chests always face the 'foot' of the tomb, enhancing the realism of the blocky tomb-like sign/chest combination.
- Fixed dynmap support.
- Added protection from pistons/explosions/burning to built-in security.
- Replaced TNT/Creeper Protection with generalized explosions protection.
- Changed from bukkit to spigot for development.
- Added actionbar messages for Denial of access to secured/protected chests, this will lessen some of the chat spam.
- Created CenotaphMessaging to handle messages.
- Added the ability for /cenadmin to be used by the console.
- Added a CenotaphMessaging function that can smartly send to player or console (if the sender is not a player.)
- Fix up the findPlace function for finding good spots for chests.
- No longer will dying with a full inventory in a 1x1x1 hole cause only one chest to be used while the rest overflows onto the ground.
- When double chests are required the oneBlockUpCheck is always tried for (if enabled.)
- Remove noReplaceList which wasn't actually doing anything that the OneBlockUpCheck does better.
- Update list of blocks that can be replaced in the canReplace(mat) function.
- Covers crops via Ageable, use tags for small flowers and saplings.
- Remove the noDestroy option from the config, which became redundant after the security became built-in.
- Set your config's security to not time-out and you have the exact same effect.
- Completely replaced the config with dumptruckman's CommentedConfiguration system.
- This means you don't have to regenerate your config.yml after updating Cenotaph.
- System is used by Towny/TownyChat and many other plugins.
- New config options in the future will add themselves with default settings.
- Removed the deathmessages section of the config.yml
- For now entity names are pulled from the server, meaning new entities are automatically handled.
- Environmental deathcauses are hardcoded to English for the time being.
- Removed version checker option from config, I don't think this worked.
- Cleaned up some of the TODO's that were done.
- Update to much of the Lockette/Sign code to make it not use deprecated API.
- Update to use UUIDs in TombBlocks, allowing us to use less deprecated methods.
- Update to pom.xml's sk89q's repos, making them not be required in the lib folder.
- Update to economy handler, no longer errors when Vault is not found on a server.
- Old databases will have old tombstones which do not have ownerUUID
values. These will be null, and means that for those tombstones there
will be no message sent to a player when their security runs out/they
have their tombstone destroyed, (but these messages wouldn't be shown
anyways if this happened while they were offline.)
- Recompiled for 1.14.4
- Adding support for WorldGuard by MegaNarwhal
- Adding Monetary support by MegaNarwhal
- Fixes for lockette/deadbolt by LlmDl
- Add locketteSign to saving and loading in tombBlock database, fixes auto-unlocking chests.
- Fix explosions destroying chests before lockette/deadbolt signs can be placed.
- Fix for lock time-out not showing properly on the message sent to players who just died and made a deathchest.
- Fix for explosion-deaths' cenotaphs not being saved to the database.
- Disable breaking the sign above chests if the chest is still locked by lockette/deadbolt.
- Add indicator to /cenlist displaying [Locked] status if locketteSign is still present on cenotaph.
- Show remaining locked time on /cenlist command.
- Fix Cenotaph's being left on the list when destroyed by tnt.
- Added the ability prevent tnt from breaking chests. Add tntProtection: true to the config.
- Fix Lockette blockface check.
- More Chest checks to be fixed.
- Fixed Empty chest check
- Updated to support LWC 4.5.0-SNAPSHOT
- Build against 1.8 Spigot
- Changed Lockette dependency, now you can use DeadBolt too
- Java Version 1.7
- and MAVEN!
- Build against 1.6.4 Craftbukkit RB
- Fix sign code to use new Bukkit metadata system
- Build against 1.6 plugin dependencies released as of January 2014
- Build against 1.5.1 beta CB
- Build against plugin dependencies as of April 2013
- Add option to disable Dynmap
- Fix error on shutdown when Dynmap is not loaded/enabled
- A few minor improvements in speed/efficiency
- When used without an index number, the find and info commands now default to the last (most recent) cenotaph instead of giving an
A Dead Man's chest plugin for Bukkit Save your players' inventory from disappearing when they die.