- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- 1.15PLEASE REVIEW & MAKE ANY POSSIBLE RECOMMENDATIONS ON DISCUSSION PAGE!Purpose : Chat Bubbles is meant to be a free plugin that allows players' messages to appear above their head and servers to customize the way in which this works. I've seen other plugins that do this but the messages don't follow the player and that seems realllllly useless. That's where I decided to improve on what I saw already existed.
- Java 11 (That means not Java 7 or 8)
- HolographicDisplays 2.4.1+ (As of my writing this, if you are running minecraft version 1.15.x+ on your server, you MUST download the beta HolographicDisplays build 97 or higher for this plugin to work. The clickable link before this will send you there. DON'T use the latest stable build as it doesn't work on 1.15.x or higher.)
Test Servers :
⟿ Easy "Configuration Mode" Switching : Allows the plugin to be utilized in different preset, yet still configurable, ways
⟿ PlaceholderAPI Implementation : Allow PlaceholderAPI placeholders to work on the plugin.
NOTE: For all of you unfamiliar with PlaceholderAPI, you must download its "modules" of placeholders before they will start working. For example, to use "%player_name%", you must first type "/papi ecloud download player" on your server to download the Player module. This is a PlaceholderAPI thing, is not my fault, and cannot be fixed on my part.
⟿ ChatBubble Formatting : Want a custom look and feel to your server? With formatting you can have more control from the server side of things on how they look.
⟿ Factions Mode : Allow Factions members to see your chat bubbles
⟿ Permissions Based : Want bubbles to be a donator perk or VIP functionality? You can do that.
⟿ Customizable Prefix/Suffix : Want your server to have a unique look and feel? You can do that.
⟿ ChatBubble Toggle: Players can independently toggle their ChatBubbles on or off given they have the permissions.
⟿ Works Perfectly on Heavily Populated Servers : Have a server with 250+ players? No issue.
⟿ Check "Soon To Come" & "config.yml" for all features...
Note: All permissions are optional and if enabled, are defined by the server owner in the config.
⟿ (If in Configuration Mode 1) /cb <message> : Speaks a chatbubble. Requires permission "chatbubbles.use"
⟿ /cbreload : Reloads the config. Requires permission "chatbubbles.reload"
⟿ /cbtoggle : Toggles player's ChatBubbles on/off. Requires permission "chatbubbles.toggle"
I see no need for a written tutorial but if you want me to post your youtube explanation or whatnot, pm me.
RED - Not started Blue - Started Green - Added
- [1.2.8] Factions Incorporation : This would allow Factions members to see other Factions members chat bubbles in the same faction.
- More Configuration Modes : If you have any ideas for configuration modes, let me know in the discussion section.
- [1.3.1] Plugin Update Notifier : This would notify people when there is an update available in the least annoying way possible.
- [1.3.1] Config Auto-Update : This would automatically update configs whenever the layout resets. (If you have used any version below 1.3.1 in the past, you must do a manual config backup/delete to take advantage of this feature)
- Config Changes Carry Over On Auto-Update : This would keep the changes you've made to the config if they still apply to the new config.
- [1.4.1] PlaceholderAPI Support : Self explanatory
- [1.4.1] Custom ChatBubble Format : Server owners will have way more control over the look of chat bubbles
- [1.4.2] Invisible Player Support : This makes invisible players not send a chatbubble (post-implementation edit: This only takes into consideration invisibility through Spigot API and does not work on players invisible due to packet control)
- [1.4.4] Custom Height Option : This would allow custom nametag plugins be taken into account when placing the chatbubble
- [1.4.5] Wordwrap : This would wrap the player-typed words if they are longer than the configured message length
- [1.4.6] Overlap Control : Now new messages will replace the old message's bubble
- [1.5.6] Sound Support : ChatBubbles will now be able to make a sound. Sounds can be vanilla or from custom resource packs. Test the sound name by using /playsound to ensure what you put in the config will work. Requested by @SpringBonnie.
As I said, I'm just a college student. This is just a hobby. You have no need to give me money. However, if you wish to help pay for my overpriced books and classes, that would be extremely appreciated.
-_- https://paypal.me/AaronSkeels -_-
// ChatBubbles | [1.14 / 1.15] | [Factions Compatible] | [PlaceholderAPI] \\ 1.15.1.a.2
Allow players to create chat bubbles above their head! [ Factions | PlaceholderAPI | No lagg ]