- Native Minecraft Version:
- Legacy (< 1.13)
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
ChatColor allows players to change the color and style of their chat to many different things! All the Minecraft colors and modifiers supported!
Note: See below for help on commands, permissions, colors, modifiers and settings!
- Change the color of yours or another player's chat to a huge variety of options!
- Choose exactly what you want to use, and type one single command to use it!
- This plugin supports all the Minecraft colors as well as the modifiers, giving a wide range of customisation!
- Choose up to four different modifiers for your color!
- Rainbow chat color allows you to have a color pattern for your messages!
- Not only that, but you can change the colors in the pattern to whatever you like!
- Now also supporting console commands! Have a donor purchase? Why not add a chat color?
- Useful help commands to sort out any problems you might run in to!
- Easy to use permissions to restrict specific colors and modifiers, or allow all of them with wildcard permissions!
- A permission for every color and every modifier, as well as every command!
- This plugin is fully customisable!! What does that mean? Well:
- You can change nearly all of the messages in the plugin in the config!
- As well as this, change cooldowns, join message, notifications and more!
- A helpful and friendly author - I am here if you need help. If you have any bugs to report, or any questions, ask away in the comments below!
- <value> = Required value.
- [value] = Optional value.
- /chatcolor [player] <color/default> [modifiers] - Change yours or a player's chat color!
- /chatcolor permissionshelp - Shows permissions help!
- /chatcolor settingshelp - Shows settings help!
- /chatcolor reload - Reloads all configs, use if you changed them while running!
- /chatcolor reset - Use with caution, resets the config to the default!
- /chatcolor set <setting> <value> - Changes one of the many settings! (See below for details)
- /chatcolor custom <add/remove/list> [name] [color] - Adds, removes or lists custom colours. You can use these to give groups a chat color.
- /chatcolor - Shows your current chat color!
- /chatcolor gui - Open a GUI for selecting your desired color!
- /chatcolor <add/remove> <modifier> - Adds or removes a modifier from your chat color.
- /chatcolor available - Shows your available colours and modifiers!
- /chatcolor commandshelp - Shows command help! You can also use /chatcolor help.
Colors & Modifiers:
- command-name - Changes the base command to whatever you want!
- color-override - Changes whether ChatColor overrides '&' color symbols in messages.
- confirm-timeout - Changes the time that players get when making a decision.
- default-color - Changes the color that all players get when joining (also one-time sets all players).
- join-message - Changes if players are told their color when joining.
- notify-others - Changes whether players are told if their chat color is changed by someone else.
- rainbow-sequence - Changes the colors in the rainbow chat color pattern.
- auto-save - Changes whether the plugin will auto-save to files every 5 minutes, in case of a crash
- save-interval - Sets the time interval between saves for the plugin.
- force-custom-colors - Changes whether the plugin will force custom colours to be used.
- 0 or black
- 1 or dark.blue
- 2 or green
- 3 or dark.aqua
- 4 or red
- 5 or purple
- 6 or gold
- 7 or grey
- 8 or dark.grey
- 9 or blue
- a or light.green
- b or aqua
- c or light.red
- d or magenta
- e or yellow
- f or white
- k or obfuscated
- l or bold
- m or strikethrough
- n or underlined
- o or italic
Note: You must use either numbers or letters found above for the colors and modifiers permissions except 'chatcolor.color.rainbow'.
- chatcolor.* - Please do NOT use this permission! It will cause your colour to be set to a custom color.
- chatcolor.use - Allows a player to use /chatcolor and /chatcolor cmdhelp.
- chatcolor.use-color-codes - Allows a player to use & color codes in the chat.
- chatcolor.gui - Allows use of the GUI to select a color.
- chatcolor.color.* - Allows a player to use all colors.
- chatcolor.color.<color> - Allows a player to use color.
- chatcolor.modifier.* - Allows a player to use all modifiers.
- chatcolor.modifier.<modifier> - Allows a player to use a modifier.
- chatcolor.change.* - Allows a player to change everyone's chat color.
- chatcolor.change.self - Allows a player to change their own color.
- chatcolor.admin - Allows a player to use all admin commands.
- chatcolor.custom.<color-name> - Sets a group/player's custom colour.
Here are the different placeholders you can use for this plugin:
- %cc_full_color% - Returns the full color of a player. Can then be used to colorise text after it.
- %cc_full_color_text% - Returns the full color of a player, as text. e.g. Red, Bold.
- %cc_color% - Returns the color only (no modifiers) of a player.
- %cc_color_text% - Returns the color only, as text.
- %cc_modifiers% - Returns the modifiers only (no color) of a player.
- %cc_modifers_text% - Returns the modifiers only, as text.
- %cc_<color/modifier>_available% - Returns either 'gui-available' or 'gui-unavailable' from the messages.yml, based on if the player has the necessary permission. e.g. %cc_a_available%
- Plugin showcase by honanulu
This plugin uses bStats to collect some statistics about usage of the plugin and sends them to https://bstats.org/. This can be disabled by changing 'stats' in the config.yml to false. The statistics sent include Version Demographics, Server/Player Statistics, Server Location, Operating System etc. The stats available to the public are Version Demographics, Server Location, Rank, Java Version and Global Statistics. These are viewable at https://bstats.org/plugin/bukkit/ChatColor2.
- Temporary Chat Colour
- MySQL Database Support
- Plain Text Placeholders (non-coloured)
Want to be on the list? Suggest something down below!
- ChillerKraft - Thank you so much for your ideas and for pointing out things I have missed
- VNMineND & SoptikHa2 - Thank you both for the idea of more modifiers!
- chaosworlds - Thank you for the idea of a GUI!
- Minecraftfan105 - Thank you for the idea of custom messages!
- iHaydennn - Thank you for the idea of customisable rainbow chatcolor!
- OrbitStorm88 - Thank you for the idea of console command support!
- HazyCraft - Thank you for the idea of MySQL Database support! (Sorry it isn't being added rn :c)
- V3rtexITA - Thank you for the idea of a command to show available colors!
Servers Using ChatColor:
- And 1300+ others!
None currently known!
- If you find any bugs, please report them! Reports are very helpful so that I know what I'm doing wrong and what I need to fix!
- Either post a comment below, or make a ticket if you find one. Thanks!
Change the style and color of your chat!
Look, the plugin is excellent, but in the section:
join-message: false (Remove this option)
notify-others: true (Remove this option)
default-color: '& 7' (When I change the format, it returns to default)
Hey! I've loved this plugin for a while, just started doing minecraft related stuff again & this was my goto for coloring chat. Could you add a way to change the title of the color picker? I might be missing it but I can't find it and maybe a way to change the messages shown in /chatcolor help. Great plugin overall 10/10 would download again :)