- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
The great outdoors is all good and fine but sometimes you just want to go to town. Not any town will do, how about one that goes on forever or multiple ones separated by the largest mountains possible in Minecraft. But what is under those mountains? There is an entire world to explore, have fun!
More pictures can be found http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/cityworld/images.
If you like CityWorld feel free to donate to my pizza fund.
Note: CityWorld is compiled using the latest versions of Java (8), Spigot (1.12) and Minecraft (1.12) that I can get my hands on. That both simplifies my life and ensures that you have the safest, fastest and feature rich code available. Alas, this also means that you might run into problems with older versions of Java, Spigot and Minecraft. Sorry about that, but it is hard enough keeping up with the quicksand that sometimes is Minecraft modding, I have to do something to simplify my efforts.
If you need an earlier version of CityWorld, they are available via the Version History tab on this page.
For more information about older versions of Java see: http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_7.xml
One more note:
I am still trying to take a break from CityWorld for a little bit, things are getting rather busy at home and the office. As such I will have less free time to goof around and code on CityWorld. I will keep an eye on the discussion forum and messages. If a really bad bug pops up or Spigot does something silly and causes some incompatibility... I will attempt to issue a patch. But beyond that I plan to keep a very low profile. Sorry reality sometimes is more important than Minecraft.
With that said, I plan to do at least one more update soon. It could be as soon as next week. It just really depends on if a need pops up (like I goofed something up) and if I can get some other changes working.
v3.020 (and before)
- (3.020) REQUIRES 1.12 Minecraft/Spigot!
- (3.020) Chests are now generating in buildings, their contents can be configured
- (3.020) Version verification shouldn't cause anymore problems with previews
- (3.020) Tree generation is configurable via SpawnTrees valid range is 0.0 to 1.0. The bigger the number the more trees, the smaller the less.
- (3.020) Now with Polar bears and Bats (not in the same place)
- (3.020) I have once again removed support for FLOATING worlds, the performance bug that caused problems earlier has popped up again and the world generation is so slow for those worlds that Spigot just gives up. I am looking into the issue and once I figure out what is going on, I will bring it back. Sorry.
- (3.018) Made CityWorld more resilient to WorldEdit issue. Now if WorldEdit has an issue, instead of causing an exception, CityWorld will simply not use WorldEdit... mind you it also means you won't get schema pasting.
- (3.017) Fixed a bug that made the cities WAY too New Your city like
- (3.017) Fixed a tree generation issue in the_end
- (3.016) Added Municipal buildings and associated monuments... finally
- (3.015) Made the /CityWorld command tell users about the various world types it knows about when presented with incorrect info
- (3.015) Made the /CityInfo command more resilient to non-CityWorld situations
- (3.014) Left in some debug blocks near factories. My bad. :-(
- Fixed a bug in my Minecraft/Spigot version checking, sorry about that
- Fixed a three and four wide chest issue, thanks NullBlox for the great bug report
- Found and fixed an issue if you call /CityChunk regen on a chunk that happened to have an entrance/exit to bunker in it. It was a very interesting effect and I hope to never see it again.
- Fixed an issue where debris would be floating up in the air instead of on the ground
- Fixed a rare situation where occasionally trees formed in road tunnel entrances
- Fixed a block removal problem that sometimes would happen when an entities spawned in
- Fixed a backfill issue with roundabouts
- Removed museums from industrial areas, increased the odds of them in the city center
- Added more variety to factories
- Added experimental villager naming support, if you don't like it you can set the new option NameVillagers to FALSE. To turn off the automatic showing of the villager's name set the ShowVillagersNames to FALSE. I know the names are a bit too US/Euro centric but getting an unified list of the top names in the world is hard. If you come across one send it my way. Regardless, you can customize the list.
- Speaking of customizing, you can now customize the street and fossil names too!
- Minecraft (1.9.4 and 1.10) and Spigot (as of 6/16) happy. It does not add any of the new blocks or entity in by default but you should be able to include them in your world by adding them to the custom material and entity lists.
For older version info: http://echurch.github.io/cityworld/versions.html
Video review by VintageDon
The above is a detailed Setup/Tutorial video of v3.012 (June 2016) by VintageDon. Video, nearly an hour long, includes over 1GB of downloads including a fully setup server, 4 pre-generated worlds out to a 2,000 block radius (normal city, ruined city, floating city and a metro city), as well as Overviewer maps of all the cities.
My day job continues to be a bit crazy and is pretty much taking up all of my time, I will do my best to keep this puppy going.
Warning about "Index of useful info"
While the info that follows is Bukkit centric, it is all still very useful. Just remember where it specifically talks about Bukkit, consider the info potentially suspect. While Spigot and Bukkit are VERY similar, Spigot is based on Bukkit, there are some differences... especially how the server is started and configured. One of these days I will reformat and repost the following info but right now, given how little free time I have, I will focus my efforts on improving the plugin itself.
Index of useful info (old Bukkit site for now... and see above for a warning)
One Last Heads up!
This plugin really "tests" MineCraft/Bukkit when it comes to complex worlds. In fact when you spawn/teleport into a new CityWorld (or some wildly new location) it takes a while for all of the blocks to generate. This is especially obvious if you are flying around. Once the blocks are generated though everything works just fine. What I recommend is take a tour of your new world and just walk/fly up to each "uninitialized chunk" until everything shows up.
The great outdoors is all fine and good but sometimes you just want to go to town.
- Support for 1.12 (do not use on older versions of Minecraft/Spigot) Jun 27, 2017
- Trying to fix an update issue Dec 17, 2016
- Fixed a bug that made the cities WAY too New Your city like Dec 10, 2016