- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- 1.17- ✓ Fully configurable GUI Inventory for the Codex.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH "CODEX"?
This plugin allows you to create a "Discoveries Inventory" where your players can access information about specific regions, people, monsters they've encountered. Codex is a plugin that adds a little bit of RPG experience to your Minecraft server, by providing context and lore to the player.
You can create any "Discovery" you want, players will unlock them by entering regions for the first time, talking to NPCs, killing monsters, and you can even unlock discoveries to players by using a console command! So the plugin allows you to create discoveries associated with aspects of other plugins. To create very customized discoveries I suggest you use my plugin ConditionalEvents, there is a tutorial in the WIKI.
For example, you can create a Region Discovery which will be unlocked if the player arrives at certain city. The player has the possibility to access the Codex by using /codex and read the lore of this city which provides more information.
The plugin is highly inspired in RPG videogames like Mass Effect!
You have TOTAL CONTROL of the Codex Inventory. Add items where you want and create as many sub inventories (sub categories) you need.
- ✓ Multiple inventories/categories/pages.
- ✓ Different types of discoveries:
- ✓ Discoveries chat messages.
- Enter WorldGuard region for the first time.
- Killing entities for the first time.
- Unlock discovery by console command.
- ✓ Discoveries title messages.
- ✓ Discoveries sounds.
- ✓ WorldGuard 6.x/7.x support.
- ✓ MythicMobs support
- ✓ PlaceholderAPI variables.
- ✓ PlaceholderAPI support for items name/lore in inventory.
- ✓ Commands when unlocking a discovery.
- ✓ MySQL Database
- ✓ 1.16 HEX Colors support.
- ✓ Works with 1.8+.
1. Spigot or Paper (not craftbukkit)
2. WorldGuard (optional, for regions discoveries, https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/worldguard)
3. PlaceholderAPI (optional, for variable, https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/placeholderapi.6245/)
4. MythicsMobs (optional, for custom mobs discoveries, https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/5702/)
To install the plugin on your server just place the Codex file inside your plugins folder and start your server. Examples will be generated in the categories folder, you can use them as a reference or delete them.
Use the /codex command to access the main inventory. You can modify the inventory as you like in the inventory.yml file.
To a proper understanding of the plugin check the wiki below. Here you will find the whole plugin explained in detail.
FULL WIKI ON THIS LINK!
/codex Opens the main menu. Doesn't need permissions.
/codex help Shows all commands.
/codex unlock <player> <category> <discovery> (optional, send message)<true/false> Unlocks a discovery for a player. (This command can be used in any plugin you want. Add 'false' to the end of the command to avoid message spamming when a player has already unlocked a discovery)
/codex reset <player> <category> <discovery> Resets a player discovery.
/codex reset <player> all Resets ALL discoveries for a player.
/codex open <player> <inventory> Opens an inventory for the player.
/codex reload Reloads the config.
There is just one permission to access commands: codex.admin
Please avoid posting bad ratings before asking. If you have problems or bugs with the plugin contact with me via private message or post on the plugin discussion and I will take a look at it. You are welcome to give me suggestions of new features you would like to add to the plugin!
Codex | RPG Discoveries [1.8-1.17] 1.7.1
A journal mechanic full of discoveries players need to unlock to access server lore.