- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- Developed by lokka30. See 'Contributors' below.
- Languages Supported:
- See 'Translations' below.
I couldn't find a command blocker plugin on the market that fulfilled my requirements, so I decided to program it myself and release it so anyone in the same boat finds the solution.
Designed for Minecraft servers running 1.7 up to 1.16, CommandDefender (abbreviated CD) allows server owners to block users from running commands either as a whitelist or blacklist of a customisable list of commands. Along with that, CD can optionally block colons in the first argument of commands (e.g. /bukkit:help. To top it off, it also filters commands in 1.13+'s command suggestion feature. There are a bunch more features on the to-do list which should be added in at some point
- Discord Server (have a chat / ask for help)
- Documentation (installation, configuration, commands and permissions)
- Source Code
- To-do list on Trello
Here are some brilliant videos reviewing CommandDefender!
Thank you, @Alexwin32!
Block users from running commands that they shouldn't be.
Block users from running plugin-specific commands with a colon.
Very easy configuration! There is also a messages file to customise all of the chat messages this plugin sends.
- No bloat, no stupid crazy features. CommandDefender does exactly what it says on the tin.
- Highly configurable - separated into settings.yml and messages.yml.
- Create your own priority-based lists that determine what commands your players can & can't run!
- Block arguments such as 'Notch' in '/home Notch'!
- Filters 1.13+'s command suggestion / tab completion system!
- RGB hex color code support (only for 1.16+ servers - mojang limitation) (syntax: &#abcdef)
- Reload and backup configuration files on the go
- Block colons (this character: :) from being used in the first argument of commands.
- Toggleable, of course
- Blocks bypasses such as /bukkit:plugins to run /plugins.
- All chat messages are customisable and translatable.
- Bypass permission to be able to run all blocked commands
- Bypass permission to be able to run certain blocked commands
- e.g. commanddefender.bypass.tpa
The following feature requests have been considered and refused:
- Tab completion filtering for <1.13 servers
- Spigot allows you to disable Tab Completion completely by going into spigot.yml and changing the setting for tab completion to tab-complete: -1.
- If this system doesn't work for you then please consider messaging me so I can discuss with you about adding a tab completion filter to CommandDefender. I'm more than happy to add this feature in, but I want to avoid adding what we don't need.
I only provide technical support on the ArcanePlugins Discord Server.
Please ensure that you have read the documentation (see under the Quick Links section at the top) before asking for help.
Developers of the resource:
Thanks a lot to the users below for generously contributing to the plugin!
- Hugo5551 assisted in patching bugs.
Thanks to the following project teams for directly/indirectly assisting development:
For the generous lads out there that wish to donate - I've got a Patreon page and a Ko-fi page. Cheers
I'm a senior high school student, so finding the time and money to develop these resources is not easy. Making plugins that other server owners and their users can enjoy is just a hobby, and it takes a considerable chunk out of my free time - it's just the nature of my high standards for every resource I post, free and premium.
If you would be willing to support me in this endeavor (for it makes very little return to me), as little or as much as you want, it would really mean so much to me.
If you are unable to donate, 5 star reviews and kind comments are enough to put a smile on my face and keep me motivated to do this.
Any support from you will positively impact all of the server owners who are using my resources in whatever capacity.
Thank you so much.
Click here to view all of the collected metrics!
Via bStats, this plugin anonymously tracks basic things such as your server's version, which version of Java it is using, offline/online mode, etc. I use these statistics to benefit development.
These statistics are to no detriment to you at all, so I don't see why you would need to disable them.
Anyways, after running the plugin at least once, go to the /plugins/bStats/config.yml file and disable it there.
Licensed under GNU AGPL v3.0. Click here to view the license. By using the software, you agree to the license.
I really appreciate feedback and criticism - it lets me know if the plugin is heading in the right direction.
However, do not use the reviews section as means to get support. There's a discord server for that!
CommandDefender ~ (for 1.7.x - 1.16.x) 2.1.0 b24
An well-built command blocker with a plethora of useful yet lightweight features.
Es genial, fácil de usar y muy útil, pero no es muy compatible con Towny que digamos, porque si bloqueas ":" y intentas crear una ciudad pulsando en el chat [confirm] no te deja por usar ":", me gustaría que lo pudieran solucionar, lo seguiré usando pero tendré que modificar el mensaje de error a algo como "¡No tienes permisos para ejecutar ese comando! Si te aparece esto al intentar crear una ciudad usa /confirm" y preferiría evitarlo.
It's great, easy to use and very useful, but is not very compatible with Towny that we say, because if you block ":" and try to create a city by clicking on the chat [confirm] does not leave you to use ":", I wish they could fix it, I will continue using it but I will have to modify the error message to something like "You do not have permission to run that command! If you get this when trying to create a city use /confirm" and I'd rather avoid it.
DeepL Translate ;)