- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Languages Supported:
- English, Language Configuration file
What is Community Quests?
Community Quests is a unique plugin that lets you run server-wide quests for your players to complete together or compete against each other to earn rewards. Configure a number of quest types for players to enjoy! Most existing questing plugins focus on individual quests. Community Quests will help to bring your player base together and to keep them entertained!
Before downloading please note that this plugin is currently in an Alpha-like state. Some features may change and there may be a few bugs and issues in the first few releases. Please message me if you run into any issues and I'll do my best to address them quickly.
- Players work together or against each other to complete quests in two modes: competitive and cooperative.
- Powerful customization options that let you build quests to run on your server with a number of different objective types to choose from including: killing mobs, projectile kills, block break, and more!
- Customizable rewards including commands, items, money, and experience.
- Boss bar allows the entire server to watch a quest's progress in real-time.
- A GUI-based quest type where players must donate X of a specified item in order to complete the quest.
- GUIs and commands to manage admin tasks such as starting and stopping quests.Configuration
The configuration file is where you create custom quest types for the plugin. You can configure a few other things such as the max number of quests that can run at a given time and the color of the boss bar. See an example configuration file here. For more detailed information on how to use the configuration see the wiki. If you have a cool quest you want to share send it to me and I'll add it to the wiki for others to use!
To change or customize the language in the plugin you can edit the messages.yml file
The following commands are to be used by both players and administrators. The top 3 commands will be enabled to all users by default and the bottom 4 will only be enabled for OPs by default.
- /cq view - view active quests and your contributions to them
- /cq togglebar - show or hide the boss bar(s) that is displayed by the plugin
- /cq donate - opens a GUI where you can donate items to donate type quests if active
- /cq start - opens up a GUI to begin a quest
- /cq start [questId] [coop OR comp] - start quest by quest Id and quest type
- /cq stop - opens up a GUI to stop any active quests (the quests will end abruptly, no rewards will be given out)
- /cq reload - reload the config filePermissions
- communityquests.view - the ability to view active quests and donate ongoing quests
- communityquests.stop - the ability to stop an active quest
- communityquests.start - the ability to start a new quest
- communityquests.reload - the ability to reload the configuration
- communityquests.bossbar.hide - if set the user will not see the boss barScreenshots
If you like this plugin idea and want to help test and provide feature ideas don't hesitate to message me here or on discord williewonka01#8713
- Video with tutorial and explanation on how to use the plugin.
- GUI to create quest types in-game.
- Test on more versions
- More control over Boss Bar.
- Improving quest customization (for example allowing you to combine quests ex. kill 10 zombies and 5 skeletons).
- Timed Quests
- Improve messaging and GUI interfaces (I know they're a little messy right now..)
- More plugin integrations such as MCMMO, Mythic Mobs, and more!
- Persistent Quest Statistics
- Let me know what ideas you have!
I enjoy making free plugins but to support and motivate me to work on them here's a donation link.
Community Quests [1.12.2 - 1.16.5] ⭐Run Server-Wide Quests ⭐ 1.11
Create custom objectives for players on your server to complete together!
- Improved Messaging Config, 1.12.2 support and more! Apr 10, 2021
- Messaging Config and Improvements Apr 9, 2021
- Hot Fix Apr 1, 2021