- Tested Minecraft Versions:
NOTE REQUIRES VAULT & AN ECONOMY PLUGIN
What is it?
Companies is a trading plugin, allowing players to create their own company, employ other players in the company, settings wages for them, employees can then either do jobs for other companies who can pay the working company, or they can produce items to stock company chest shops to earn the company money.
How does it work
A player creates a company, they can then deposit money into the company to get started or withdraw it from the company bank. The player as owner can then set their own wages to be paid automatically, and if they wish they can employ another player. The player can work and see their own rank and wages, they can also stock the company shops up, but the initial company creator as owner can sack the employee, change wages, change rank (making them owner as well if they wish) and disband the company. Companies can also pay out all profits as dividends shared between the employees.
- Company creation and management
- Company chest shops
- Employee hiring
- Payment from companies to players and other companies
- Wages & dividends paid to employees
One way of the company making money is by selling goods, to create a chest shop first place a chest down, then above the chest place a wall sign with the following on it:
1st line - [company] 2nd line - The company name ( putting not your company name will break the sign) 3rd line - The price all products in the chest will be sold at (must be integer) 4th line - Anything you like
The top line should turn gold and provide you with a success message. Company employees can open the chests and take and deposit goods as a normal chest.
If a non employee opens the chest they will see the products but clicking on them will purchase the item 1 at a time or shift click to purchase stack, sending the money to the company bank.
The owner of a company can hire employees to help with their company. The owner has the option to hire, sack, change wages, or change rank of player to owner, accountant or manager.
The employee can choose to leave a company at any time
- Owner: can do anything to company hire fire disband or access bank
- Manager: Can hire or fire employees and create company shop signs
- Accountant: Can access the bank details and pay companies and players from the company bank.
Each employee has a wage from their company, this is set per player by the owner and paid automatically each Minecraft week ( 7 MC days - configurable in config), an owner can also choose to set his wagetype to percentage, where at payday the amount in the company bank (after wages) is then divided up between all the players (encouraging more work )
If a company cannot pay its employees then the employee and owner are notified.
In most cases /company can be shortened to /co
- /company help - display commands
- /company info - display your company and employee info
- /company info <company> - display another company's info
- /company accept - accept a job offer
- /company decline - decline a job offer
- /company list - List all companies
- /company tp <company> - check teleport cost for that company
- /company tp <company> confirm - teleport to company HQ
- /company start <name> - start a new company
- /company disband - Disband your company and sack all employees
- /company leave - Resign from your company
- /company set - Set company settings
- /company set wagetype <fixed/percentage>- set company wages to just fixed or shared between employees
- /company set trading <true/false>- Set company trading or not currently trading
- /company set desc <desc> - set your company description
- /company employee - Change employee settings, hire and sack, employees
- /company employee hire <player> <wage> - Offer a job to a player with a set wage
- /company employee wage <amount> - Set a players fixed wage
- /company employee rank <employee/owner> - set an employee's rank within the company
- /company employee list - List all your company's employees
- /company employee sack <player> <pay> - Sack an employee with redundancy pay (0 = nothing)
- /company pay <player/company> <name> <amount> - Pay another company or player
- /company bank - show bank and wage info
- /company bank withdraw <amount> - withdraw money from company bank
- /company bank deposit <amount> - deposit money into company bank
- /company reload - Reload config
- /company version - display version
- /company debug - toggle console debugger
- /company edit - edit another companies settings
- /company edit <company> wagetype <fixed/percentage>- set another companys wages to just fixed or shared between employees
- /company edit <company> trading <true/false>- Set another company trading or not currently trading
- company.admin - use all commands including admin commands
- company.reload - allow reloading plugin
- company.debug - allow toggle debug mode
- company.tp - allow use of teleport to HQ
- company.audit - allow user to see other company accounts details
- company.use - use all normal player commands listed below
*NOTE some of the above commands even though players may have perm they still need to be company owner.*
- company.start - allow starting companies
- company.disband - allow disbanding companies
- company.set - allow setting company details
- company.bank- allow using company bank bank
- company.pay - allow paying from company bank
- company.pay - allow paying from company
- company.leave - allowed to leave company
- company.employee - allow managing company employees
- company.shop.create - allow creating company shop sign
Company chests are not working nor providing an error message. When users not employed by a company attempt to purchase the item (taking an item from the chest or spam right and left clicking from a chest) the item is taken freely without any money being paid.
Server is running paper-498 1.13.2
- Core Protect
- World Guard
- World Edit
Fantastic plugin. It would be amazing if these things were added in the future:
- a GUI menu
- a company value
- a ranking of the top companies
- a stock market
- a bond market or a way where the company owner can get a loan to finance the company
Will these things ever be added in the future?
I think this is a very good plugin. However I really wish there were additional features such as
-Ability for company chests to buy items from players not just sell them
-Stock Market. Players can buy and sell stocks for companies. I think this would really set this plugin apart.
-Instead of spamming the message "You have been paid <companybal>" when a purchase is made at a chest shop maybe add a more in depth message. Like "<player> has bought <item> from <companychest> for <value>
-Plotsquared integration would be incredible. A player can register a company on a plot and the plot will give build permissions to all employees of that company. Also a player can only create chest shops in that plot. This could be a configurable option in the config.yml
-Add $ to all money values. The plain numbers don't look very good.
-A GUI Menu would also be awesome. This would be a lot easier than constantly typing /company <arguments> into the chat.
-A company chest purchase history list. This would be awesome players can easily see what was purchased when they were offline.
-More configurable options in the config.yml file. Like custom messages, a cost to create a company, etc..
I unfortunately will not be using this plugin on our server because it does not have enough features to suit us.
However, I think this is an incredible plugin that has tons of potential. Adding these features would make this the best Minecraft plugin in my opinion. This plugin could easily go premium and I would pay more for it if it had all of these features. 5/5 stars. Would rate again :)
Fantastic plugin. I would say that if I was relying on the wages to be paid out fairly with 0 management, I would be a little bit dissapointed as there is little stopping players from idly sitting in companies collecting money. However, I am using it on an RP server and I find it very helpful as a tool for players to regularly pay out money to other players for various tasks, and for cooperating on chest shops.
Would be nice if maybe instead of wages we could have something like the Jobs plugin, where it detects a large variety of action and pays out to employees based on how much they contribute to the company through these actions (ie. killing a pig). If it were customizable from the player side, it would be absolutely amazing.
My players have been trying to RP out stock markets as well, based vaguely on this plugin so it would be interesting to see if that is possible to integrate, but that may be a bit out of the scope of this project.
Overall, this is one of the best plugins out there for letting players pay out wages and I have had zero problems with it so far!
Very great plugin to handle my player-ran businesses. This plugin is very unique in the fact that it is basically 2 in 1. There's no need to get a chest shop plugin.
One thing I'd really like to see in the future, is a placeholder in the ScoreboardStats to show the company the player is in.
Thanks for the amazing plugin!