- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- https://github.com/Jeremaster101/CourierNewCourierNew is a complete rewrite of a plugin called Courier. CourierNew allows you to write letters and send them to players through a postman. Simply place the plugin in your plugins folder, start your server, and enjoy the features of CourierNew!
Here is an example of CourierNew in action:
You can write a letter using the letter command,
You can even add pages to an existing letter!
Once you send it, a postman will go to the recipient. Right click the villager to receive your mail!
The item even gives you a preview in your inventory, as well as when the letter was written and who wrote it!
- Write letters as books
- Send letters to players
- Color codes and \n for line breaks in letters!
- Configureable delays for the postman
- Block receiving letters in specific worlds or gamemodes!
- Optional integration with Essentials or VanishNoPacket to block receiving for vanished players!
- Letters have previews when viewed in a player's inventory
- Letters have timestamps when they were written in their lore
- Unlike the plugin Courier, letters are based on item metadata, so letters should no longer be lost in the case of one file getting corrupted or missing!
- Delivers multiple letters at once! No more postman spam!
- Option to allow only the recipient to grab their mail
- When the server starts, any postmen that are left in the world will automatically be removed
- Ability to send letters to multiple players at once
- /letter <message> will create a letter or edit an existing one
- /post <player> to send a letter to a player - you can put one name, multiple names separated by commas, * to send to all online players, or ** to send to all players who ever joined the server.
- /cnhelp shows the plugin help
- /unread will retrieve unread mail
- /shred will delete a letter you are holding
- /shredall will delete all letters in your inventory
- /cnreload will reload the configuration and messages files
- couriernew.letter - Allows players to write/edit letters
- couriernew.post.one - Allows players to send letters to one player at a time
- couriernew.post.multiple - Allows players to send letters to multiple players at a time
- couriernew.post.allonline - Allows players to send letters to all online players
- couriernew.post.all - Allows players to send letters to all players who ever joined the server
- couriernew.help - Allows players to use the help command
- couriernew.shred - Allows players to shred a letter
- couriernew.shredall - Allows players to shred all in their inventory
- couriernew.unread - Allows players to retrieve unread mail
- couriernew.reload - Allows for reloading of configs
(All time is in ticks)Code (YAML):# Change delays related to sending mail, the postman, and
# when the postman will appear. All values are in
# minecraft ticks. 20 ticks equals 1 second.
# Radius is in blocks.
- join-recieve-delay - How long before the postman will spawn once a player joins the server
- send-receive-delay - How long after a player sends a letter to spawn a postman for the recipient
- resend-delay - When a player doesn't click the postman, how long before the plugin tries to spawn a new one
- unread-delay - How long it takes to retrieve the postman when using /unread or /postman
- check-before-spawning-postman-radius - How far in blocks to check to make sure the plugin doesn't spawn multiple postmen
- remove-postman-ignored-delay - How long the postman stays alive before removing automatically
- remove-postman-recieved-delay - How long before the postman disappears after delivering mail
- resend-from-blocked-delay - Once a player exits a blocked world or game mode, how long should the plugin wait before spawning the postman again
- protected-postman - This will determine whether or not other players can grab mail from a postman that isn't theirs.
- blocked-gamemodes - Gamemodes that receiving mail isn't allowed in. (SURVIVAL, CREATIVE, ADVENTURE, SPECTATOR)
- blocked-worlds - Names of worlds that receiving is blocked in
- Economy implementations
- Ability to require a book to make a letter
- Option to use maps like the original Courier
- Other Courier features that I see fit
Discord support: https://discord.gg/gydvXWD
This plugin was originally written to replace Courier on the server Queercraft (mc.queercraft.net). When 1.13 came out, many plugins become unusable. This was written to solve that issue for anyone who used this plugin.
Send and receive physical letters with a postman!
- Fixed typo preventing couriernew.help permission from working Jul 12, 2019 at 10:55 PM
- Fixed permission couriernew.post.multiple not working Jul 12, 2019 at 6:31 AM
- Customizable Messages and the Ability to Send to Multiple Players! Jul 12, 2019 at 5:50 AM