- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
Source code on Github: https://github.com/ShabaniAmir/CraftShaftXray
I struggled with finding a proper x-ray detecting plugin for 1.13.2, so I decided to develop one.
If this plugin works for you, please consider leaving a review. Thank you!
Please note: I am a software developer, but this is my first project with BukkitCraft plugins. If any functionality is missing, or there are any bugs, please contact me through my discord server (link at the bottom)How it works
Every time a player breaks a stone block or a diamond ore, CraftShaft X-Ray records it. It then calculates the ratio of diamonds to stone mined. (EDIT: In the 1.5 version, which will be uploaded soon, CraftShaft XRay can be configured to monitor for more ores than just diamond). I spent some time with a hacked client x-raying and mining diamonds, and found the ratio of hackers is most often between 0.8 to 0.15. The default configuration is 0.8, you can change this with the /csxsetratio command-- bring it higher if you're getting a lot of false positives, or lower if hackers are slipping by.
CraftShaft X-Ray automatically deletes it's records of players once they leave the game. It's very efficient and has low impact on servers. It was tested on a local server of a "not-so-good" laptop and it faired well.
How to Install
Simply drag and drop CraftShaftXRay.jar in your plugins folder and restart the server.
This plugin has no dependencies.
Permissions & Commands
The way I have the permissions set up on my server is:
- craftshaft.xray.alert - Players with this permission receive an alert when a player is suspected of x-raying
- craftshaft.xray.bypass - Players with this permission will not be monitored
- craftshaft.xray.top - /csxtop - Get the top 5 highest x-ray ratios of online players
- craftshaft.xray.ratio - /csxratio <player> - Get diamond to stone ratio of online player
- craftshaft.xray.setratio - /csxsetratio [ratio] - Get or change the threshold ratio
Any staff (Moderators, Admin, etc) that have the power to ban/tempban a player for hacking has the craftshaft.xray.alert, craftshaft.xray.top, and craftshaft.xray.ratio permission.
All staff have the craftshaft.xray.bypass permission. This way if the plugin doesn't bother monitoring their activities.
Only owners or those who understand how this plugin works should have access to craftshaft.xray.setratio
Questions? Suggestions? Let's talk
This plugin was original developed for The Craft Shaft server, and it will be running on there if you want to take a look.
I can be reached on my discord server: https://discord.gg/YvBFZJx
Minecraft server running CraftShaft X-Ray: mc.thecraftshaft.net:25599
CraftShaft XRay Detector 1.4
Automatically detect if players are using x-ray
- Message customizations, more settings, and ignoring worlds Mar 25, 2019
- Support for 1.12 Mar 25, 2019