- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- A Spigot-based server running Minecraft 1.13 or higher
- Holographic Displays
- Due to a bug in Minecraft's client side code, this plugin has limited functionality in 1.16 and above; the Killer no longer picks up the Survivor.
This plugin adds a new game mode to Minecraft, inspired by the popular assymetric multiplayer game: Dead by Daylight.
This plugin is still in the development stage, therefore you might find some bugs here and there. Please report them at the official Discord server.
- Multiple Trials playing on the same, or even on different worlds at the same time
- Survivors against a Killer (4 Survivors are recommended)
- Spectating (only when a Survivor is dead for now)
- Vaulting (players can only jump when vaulting)
- End Game Collapse
- Status Effects (only for Survivors for now)
- (mostly) Real-World Arena Setup
- Multiple players editing the same Arena simultaneously
- Randomized spawn positions for Generator, Hatch, Player and Chest spawnpoints
- Auras (Player glowing effect)
- Perks taken straight from Dead by Daylight (with a little bit of modification when needed)
- Items (Med-Kit and Toolbox so far)
- Join Signs
- Totems & Hex Perks
- A powerful, yet simple API for creating your own Perks, Items, Events and "Game Components".
- Skill Checks
Type /dbm help to see the available commands, or just use the Tab Completer. Knowing me, the /dbm help might be outdated, so use the Tab Completer.
A Join Sign can be placed down by an Admin using the following pattern:
Line 1: [dbm join]
Line 2: arenaname
The block which the sign is placed on will be protected by the plugin and no one will be able to break it.
Skill Checks will occur while repairing Generators and healing your Allies. First, an inventory with one piece of gray wool will appear. This happens to warn you of the incoming Skill Check. Next, the gray wool will change to a red wool (a.k.a Button) and a rectangle of white and green wools will appear. In the upper middle slot, the black wool (a.k.a. Cursor) will move clockwise on this rectangle.
If you click the Button while the Cursor is on the light green wool, the Skill Check's result will be Great. This is the best outcome.
If the Cursor is on the dark green wool, the Skill Check's result will be Good.
Otherwise, you fail the Skill Check. If you close this inventory at any time, it will also count as a failure.
- dbm.player for the general public
- dbm.creator for Creators, a.k.a the Arena Builders (includes dbm.player)
- dbm.admin for the Admin commands (includes all of the above)
The only things you need to set in a Creation Session (/dbm edit arenaname) will be given to you. Pallet, Vault and Exit Gate locations will be determined during the Trial.
A Vault is any V-shaped structure where the middle block is one block higher than the ground level, so it can be jumped over, and the side blocks must be solid.(normal blocks, stairs, slabs, etc.) The 2 blocks above the middle blocks must be air, so the Players can fit through.
Vaulting is simply the act of jumping over the middle block.
The Players will have Dolphin's Grace Potion Effect if they can vault.
When the Killer Vaults, they receive a Slowness Potion Effect, buying the Survivor some more time before the Killer catches them.
Whenever a Survivor Vaults using the same middle block for the third time in a row, the Vault location gets blocked for a few seconds.
The Killer can Vault through any blocked Vault locations.
A Pallet is an Oak Fence Gate that turns into a Stripped Oak Wood block when used. The Killer's axe can break any Stripped Oak Wood, not just the ones that were generated by throwing down the Pallets.
If the Killer was in a radius of the dropped Pallet, they will be stunned for a few seconds.
Once used, the Survivor can Vault over it, even if it is not a Vault by definition. (See above.)
The Killer is unable to Vault over a dropped Pallet, they must break it in order to pass through. The Killer is also unable to use the Pallets.
An Exit Gate is a rectangle shaped structure that has a Lever on one of its sides. The side blocks of the rectangle must be the same, and must not appear in the middle of the rectangle. The middle blocks must not be air.
You can find examples of these structures in the example map below.
You can download the example map here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15--GW1qHNnM2wrwTokhnnTH9ypCy2lc7/view?usp=sharing
- API for Status Effects
- Bloodweb / Some sort of progression
- Per-player statistics / advancements
- Multi-language support
- Unique Killers
- More Perks, Events and Status Effects
Dead by Moonlight 1.4.1
The popular assymetric game, Dead by Daylight in Minecraft.