- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
The most powerful, configurable, open-source Discord bridge plugin out there.
- Build server- get the absolute latest builds (or old ones) here
- DiscordSRV's Discord channel - come here for quick support and to tell us feature requests
- Source at GitHub
Using this plugin, you are able to give players the ability to chat in-game to chat with players on your Discord server as well as having people on the Discord server be able to chat with people on the server- this is useful for the situation of someone not being at their computer and being able to talk in-game.
As well as that, this plugin also has a remote console feature. You can designate a text channel for the plugin to listen on where messages sent to that channel are run as commands by the server console. You should restrict sending this channel to a developer or high ranking role only. Due to how Discord's permissions work, though, you can have some server roles being able to see the console, yet not being able to send messages in that channel, thus creating a read-only console for trusted staff members.
Both the chat and console link are toggleable through the configuration file. Some, but not all, options can be refreshed with /discord reload, by an op. VanishNoPacket permissions like silent join/quit, fake join/quit and join without announcing are checked when sending player join messages in the chat channel.
Java 8 is required. It's recommended to go to DiscordSRV's wiki at https://github.com/Scarsz/DiscordSRV/wiki/Installation for picture instructions to install DiscordSRV but you can just follow these steps if you want a straight forward install.
Have only the best
- Create a new application at https://discordapp.com/developers/applications/me/create
- On the application's page, click "Create a Bot User" and confirm
- Install the plugin, run & stop the server, then open the configuration file
- Paste in the token from the application page to the config
- Go to https://scarsz.me/authorize & paste your application's Client ID value to the page
- In the config option labeled Channels, input your global chat channel's ID under "global"- you can set more channels up here and their linked channels.
- For reference, to obtain a channel ID, go to the cog on the bottom left of Discord, go to the appearance tab, enable developer mode. From there you can right click a guild, channel, user, or role and there will be a "Copy ID" option
- Optionally add a console channel's ID in the config
- Run through all the config options, you'll be surprised with how many features this plugin has
See the comparison chart for DiscordSRV and DiscordMC available here: https://scarsz.me/comparison
DiscordSRV implements with a fair amount of plugins for chat and vanish functionality. We recommend you try VentureChat by Aust1n46 but plugins such as Herochat, VentureChat, Essentials, Premium/Super vanish, VanishNoPacket, and Multiverse all have functionality in DiscordSRV.
All of DiscordSRV's commands can be exposed from /discord. This includes but isn't limited to /discord toggle which toggles sending Discord messages back/forth for you- tell your players about this command!
How do I fix the error "Unsupported major.minor version 52.0?"
Update the server's Java JRE version to Java 8. <1.8 is unsupported.
I reloaded the plugin/server and now it won't work
DON'T RELOAD THE PLUGIN
When I join/quit my server, a message isn't sent in the chat channel for me. What gives?
You have one of DiscordSRV's permissions to join/quit silently. To disallow this, give yourself or the group one of the following depending on what you want to allow.
My console is spamming "waiting 1 ms"- how do I turn that off?
Open the config and change the "RateLimitSleepVerbose" option to false
First off, thank you from the bottom of my heart for the pizza. If you would like to donate, go to https://www.paypal.me/Scarsz/10. $10 is the suggested amount but you can donate however much you would like- anything is a massive thank you from me. In the note put your Discord username and if you're in DiscordSRV's server you'll be set as a donator and you'll receive some neat perks in the future. If you donated without the note, send me a PM on Discord and I'll manually check it.
If you want to interface DiscordSRV with your plugin, you can do so by adding the Maven dependency or adding the plugin jar to your project. For an example of this, see https://github.com/Scarsz/DiscordSRV-ApiTest. Be sure to add "DiscordSRV" to your plugin's plugin.yml depends/softdepends list.
Anything and everything shown at https://bstats.org/plugin/bukkit/DiscordSRV will be visible to the public with your server included in the statistics. This is only for statistics, no private information of your server is sent. If you don't want your server included in this, specify the config option "MetricsDisabled" and set it to "true" in the config.
I have absolutely no clue why you would want to disable this, but if you do, set the "UpdateCheckDisabled" config option to "true".
A Minecraft to Discord and back linkage plugin.
5/5. Flawless discord plugin, the best one you can get on this website:
- Fantastic configuration options
- Fast and easy to set up and use
- Offers unique features found nowhere else
- Lots of integrations with other plugins
- Up to date and active development
- Offers support and API for developers adding onto the plugin
Only things I could wish for:
- Experimental webhook view being asynchronous
All in all, lots of effort went into this and it shows. Fantastic.
I'd love to see you compare it with my very own https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/discord-minecraft-hook.44095/ . I love the features you've given it and I understand the time you've taken to make the documentation on using it. My own documentation hasn't come far yet, but in due time I will have easy to use docs for devs out for my bot stuff. On the other hand I find the details you gave for setup quite confusing, maybe revise them. Also I see there isn't a verification setup and you can't set roles to users. Once again, love the people making different Discord things and you've done pretty good!
I have a problem.. while using this plugin, the minecraft chat doesn't appear in the Discord channel it self.
I have enabled the setting Chat to Discord, and gave the bot the right permissions.
The bot is posting Server restarts and players joining/leaving. I though it was about a chat plugin, but that's not working either. Because the bot was asking permission for manage permissions. I gave it, and still not working.
Can you maybe help me?
I have no console errors.