DisplayItem - show items in chat
- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
This is a complete rewrite of the original DisplayItem by lmbishop/fatpigsarefat. Credit for the idea and past work goes to them. Credit goes to sainttx for NBT and Reflection utilities.
This new version contains no code from the original plugin, but has a similar configurations with some differences.
Older permissions and configuration are not compatible with the exception of "itemformat". Use care when setting this plugin up.
Having trouble? read this first!
- DisplayItem formatting replacement macros
- Users can post items in chat by typingCode (Text):[i]
- Configurable spam-detection/cooldown similar to the original plugin.
- Permissions to control who can post items, or colorized item names in chat, or bypass spam-detection.
- Should not break as much with spigot updates. (Backend relies on spigot chat API now, not NMS)
Changes compared to DisplayItem 1:
- The spam detection list is bounded in length. In some previous versions, the list didn't remove offline players, meaning it could grow unbounded.
- Chat format is not changed by default, it is now formatted by the format passed by the original chat event. This should maintain your existing chat appearance and support nicknames (Display Names) if they are set in Bukkit. You can enable the old behavior by setting overridechatformat: true
- configuration and permissions naming changes (see above)
- Uses Spigot API components instead of version-specific NMS code, so it may support new versions more easily.
- The replacement string is now configurable.
- The item name may appear without a hover component if another plugin formats and cancels the chat message after (higher priority) DisplayItem.
- A message may be filtered as spam if another plugin filters chat before (lower priority) DisplayItem
- A message may not appear with any item replacement if another plugin formats the message before (lower priority) DisplayItem and does not send an updated version to other plugins.
The above issues can usually be resolved by configuring priorities carefully for each plugin, or setting overridechatformat as a last resort in the first case.
DisplayItem rewrite for 1.13-1.14.4 - (post items in chat) 2.4-alpha
Display your items in chat with full information on hover.