NOTE: YOU MUST UPDATE YOUR SERVER IN ORDER TO USE THIS VERSION OF DragonEggDrop!!! IT USES NEW API ADDED RECENTLY AND WILL NOT WORK ON SERVERS VERSION 1.15.2 RELEASED BEFORE March 24th 2020!!!
Because the changelog is as large as it is, changes have been broken up into individual categories
New Features & Removals
- Depend on Spigot API instead of Bukkit. This plugin will no longer work on CraftBukkit servers. Sorry.
- After I have made a successful change to Bukkit, DragonEggDrop should now be mostly future-proof! 1.15.2+ support from this point forth. Therefore, YOU MUST UPDATE YOUR SERVER IN ORDER TO USE THIS UPDATE!!!!!
- Restructured and cleaned up the entire project. Codebase has changed significantly. Developers, any plugins depending on DragonEggDrop will break! Please review the Javadocs
- Replaced all instances of "2008Choco" to "Choco"
Quality Of Life Changes
- Added bStats Metrics. These can be disabled in the configuration file by setting "metrics" to false
- Overhaul the loot system. Dragon templates now pool their loot from loot tables.
- Default loot tables can be found in the DragonEggDrop/loot_tables directory
- Proper loot tables have been created by default which hopefully make sense. Of course you may change these or create your own templates. No more sticks!
- Dragon templates have changed significantly (mostly to accommodate for changes in the new loot system):
- Removed egg-spawn-chance, egg-name and egg-lore
- Removed chest-spawn-chance, chest-name, min-loot and max-loot
- Removed death-commands
- Removed announce-respawn
- loot has been changed to value as a string rather than a configuration section. This value should be the name of the loot table to use (as found in the DragonEggDrop/loot_tables directory - without the file extension)
- Dragons that do not specify a loot table (or if the loot table is invalid) will generate a dragon egg as per vanilla behaviour
- Added spawn-announcement, a list of strings to send to players when the template has been spawned. If not set or empty, no message will be sent
- Added an additional (optional) argument to the /dragonrespawn command to specify which loot table to use when respawning the next dragon
- /dragonrespawn start [time] [world] [template] [loot_table]
- Added a damage history framework. Damage history for the dragon may be queried by developers, though for server owners this may be used with placeholders!
- Added support for PlaceholderAPI. The following placeholders are supported:
- %dragoneggdrop_dragon%: The formatted name of the dragon currently being faught
- %dragoneggdrop_dragon_<world>%: The formatted name of the dragon currently being faught in the specified world
- %dragoneggdrop_slain_dragon%: The formatted name of the dragon that was most recently slain
- %dragoneggdrop_slain_dragon_<world>%: The formatted name of the dragon that was most recently slain in the specified world
- %dragoneggdrop_respawn_time%: The formatted time remaining for the dragon to respawn
- %dragoneggdrop_respawn_time_<world>%: The formatted time remaining for the dragon to respawn in the specified world
- %dragoneggdrop_top_damager%: The name of the player that's done the most damage to the current dragon
- %dragoneggdrop_top_damager_<position>%: The name of the player that's done the x most amount of damage to the current dragon (i.e. position 1 = top damage, position 2 = second most damage, etc.)
- %dragoneggdrop_top_damager_<position>_<world>%: The name of the player that's done x most amount of damage to the current dragon in the specified world
- %dragoneggdrop_top_damage%: The damage done by the top damager to the current dragon
- %dragoneggdrop_top_damage_<position>%: The damage done by the player that's done x most amount of damage to the current dragon
- %dragoneggdrop_top_damage_<position>_<world>%: The damage done by the player that's done x most amount of damage to the current dragon in the specified world
- All the above may be used in any configurable message in DragonEggDrop's config.
- Added a announce-message-radius config option to set the radius of action bar announcement messages. This may be used to prevent players on end isles from receiving the message. All players in the end will receive the message by default (-1)
- Removed the /dragontemplate [template] edit command. Due to the nature of loot pools, this would have been difficult to implement
- End crystals may now be destroyed by creative mode players while they are being created in an automatic respawn process. In such a situation, the respawn will cancel.
- A fizz sound will now be played when a player attempts to manually respawn the dragon if allow-crystal-respawn is set to false
- End crystal items are now given an outwards velocity when a player attempts to manually respawn the dragon if allow-crystal-respawn is set to false. This to prevent the items from falling into the portal
- The /dragontemplate <template> info command will now show the exact % chance to spawn a dragon using the specified template (rounded to two decimal places)
- /dragontemplates and /templates may now be used as short forms for /dragontemplate list and /template list. The former two commands still function as expected (i.e. you can still do /dragontemplates <template> info)
- /dragontemplates now uses hoverable messages to show per-template information when its name is hovered over in chat
- Command feedback is now more detailed and consistent (as such, removed /dragoneggdrop help - Bukkit's /help dragoneggdrop will do the same)
- More information is logged to the console on startup for debug & administrative purposes
- Fixed non templated dragons remaining non templated (#21 on GitHub)
- Fixed dragons respawned using end crystals not being templated
- Fixed right clicking the portal not functioning as intended. It will now show the player the time remaining for the dragon to spawn
- Fixed the time not being formatted properly in the message sent when right clicking the portal
- Fixed the time parsing message not properly pluralizing. "1 minute" (& similar units) will no longer be plural
- Fixed the respawn action bar message not listing "weeks" or "days". Previously only "hours" were shown resulting in hundreds of hours
- Fixed the error message not showing the correct argument if an invalid template was specified when executing /dragonrespawn
- Fixed the /dragontemplate command tab completion suggesting view as the second argument despite /dragontemplate list being typed
- Fixed a warning message being sent in the console on first generation of dragon templates
- Fixed instances of allow-crystal-respawn not working as intended
- Fixed infinite lightning spawning on the portal when loot is generated (hopefully...)