Main support thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Dynmap/ - please direct questions here
- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
A Google Maps-like map for your Minecraft server that can be viewed in a browser. Easy to set up when making use of Dynmap's integrated webserver which works out-of-the-box, while also available to be integrated into existing websites running on Apache and the like. Dynmap can render your worlds using different renderers, some suitable for performance, some for high detail.
Components allow you to add/remove functionality to make Dynmap suit your needs. Using the components Dynmap comes supplied with, there is support for chat balloons, web-to-game chat, and configurable markers, areas, and lines.
* Highly configurable maps per world
* Real-time updates: maps are kept in sync with your world in real-time, updates are shown while your leave your browser open
* Players with their faces are visible on the map
* Chat messages are visible (as balloons or in a chatbox) on the map.
* Map viewers can chat to players in-game.
* Current Minecraft time is visible on the map.
* Current Minecraft weather is visible on the map.
* WorldGuard, Residence, Towny and Factions regions that can be visible on the map (through corresponding Dynmap-* plugins)
* Overall highly configurable and customizable.
Copy dynmap-*.jar to plugins directory
First time use
When you start Spigot/CraftBukkit, you should be able to navigate to http://yourserverip:8123/ in your browser. In case you are running Spigot/CraftBukkit on the PC you are currently working on, you can navigate to http://localhost:8123/. You should be able to see the players who are in-game. Note that the map is not yet rendered, therefore the background will be black.
If you are planning on using the HD renderer, now would be a good time to do so. Enable 'deftemplatesuffix: hires' in the top of configuration.txt. More information about deftemplatesuffix is available at https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/wiki/Base-Plugin-Settings|Base plugin settings.
If you just want to see Dynmap work, use the following command in-game: /dynmap fullrender. The wiki contains more information about https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/wiki/Commands|commands and permissions. The map should reveal itself gradually in the browser, give it some time. Progress messages indicate that Dynmap is working and will show when the render is completed.
https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/wiki/Base-Plugin-Settings - Base plugin settings
https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/wiki/World-and-template-settings - World and template configuration
https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/wiki/Component-Configuration - Component configuration
https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/wiki/HD-Map-Configuration - HD Map configuration
https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/wiki - Wiki
Both to demonstrate the API, and to help manage the growth of this already-huge plugin, we've started producing additional plugins for Dynmap. All of these will depend on Dynmap and interface through its APIs, but only need to be added by folks that are interested in the additional function they provide:
* dynmap-mobs: Provides marker layer for real-time position of selected mobs on dynmap maps.
* dynmap-residence: Successor to the 'regions' support for Residence in Dynmap, with live update of Residence changes
* Dynmap-WorldGuard: Successor to the 'regions' support for WorldGuard in Dynmap, with live update of WorldGuard changes
* Dynmap-Towny: Successor to the 'regions' support for Towny in Dynmap, with live update of Towny changes
* Dynmap-Factions: Successor to the 'regions' support for Factions in Dynmap, with live update of Factions changes
* Dynmap-CommandBook: Add support for showing /home and /warp locations defined using CommandBook.
* Dynmap-Essentials: Add support for showing /home and /warp locations defined using Essentials.
* Dynmap-GriefPrevention: Add support for showing Grief Protection claims
* Dynmap2CraftIRC3: Integrate Dynmap's web chat with IRC via CraftIRC
* Dynmap-SimpleClans: Integrate SimpleClans with Dynmap
* Dynmap-HeroChat: Integrate HeroChat v5.5+ with Dynmap
* Dynmap-PreciousStones: Integrate PreciousStones with Dynmap
* Dynmap-AdminCmd: Integrate AdminCmd with Dynmap
* Dynmap-Citizens: Integrate Citizens with Dynmap
Mods integrated with Dynmap:
The following mods are known to support dynmap integration without needing an add-on:
* Vanish No Packet
Also, for the best response to questions and such, please post comments to our main forum thread - http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1543523-dynmap-dynamic-web-based-maps-for-minecraft/. Once again, having more than one place just isn't helpful, and this is where the 'Dynmap Community' already operates.
This plugin utilizes Hidendra's plugin metrics system, which means that the following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org:
* A unique identifier
* The server's version of Java
* Whether the server is in offline or online mode
* The plugin's version
* The server's version
* The OS version/name and architecture
* The core count for the CPU
* The number of players online
* The Metrics version
Videos by our users
Donations and Tips
Dynmap and my other mods and plugins have always been free, as I work on them as time permits and not as a job - the upside is that the price is good, the downside is they get the time I have left after working, taking care of my family, and other things!
I've set up a coffee-fund jar (I believe in the theory that software developers are machines that turn caffeine into code), for anyone who wants to throw in some tips! Via Patreon https://www.patreon.com/dynmap or Ko-Fi https://ko-fi.com/michaelprimm
Dynamic 'Google Maps' style web maps for your Spigot/Bukkit server
- Improved 1.17.1 support, including 'Caves and Caverns Data Pack' support Aug 23, 2021
- More 1.17 updates and fixes Jun 29, 2021
- v3.2-beta-1 - initial 1.17 support Jun 14, 2021
For some admins that think being admin on Minecraft server is like beep boop, and it works... Yes, it gonna be complicated to configure this plugin. For any technical computer-science profession, it's as easy than every networking software. Documentation is clear. Plugin works. As every networking software, it needs security management. So, this plugin works very well as far from 1.2.5 minecraft version to 1.17.1 (since I know this plugin).
The support is lousy, they don't know how to solve the problem for you, plus it is a plugin with many years and very little developed, it is still in beta, pathetic, not recommended. If the plugin has downloads and it is something known, it is because there are very few plugins of this type to see the game map, but it is better not to see anything than it is full of errors as it is in this case.
Very difficult to configure, I feel its overly complicated and can definitely be made simpler or easier to setup with some config options with presets and an advanced config with the rest of the things. It was oddly difficult to disable "caves" map. Just has a lot of things that can be made easier to do and not have to read through 10 paragraphs on the wiki. It does work however but I would only use this if you want a 3D map of your world, if you just want a flat overhead view you might as well go with Pl3xMap. 5 Stars nonetheless, it's functional just hard to work with but that is my opinion so I can't in good faith take off a star for that considering it's a free plugin. Cheers!
Dynmap is a great way to to create a map for your server, if you don't mind the errors, outdate legacy code, terrible api support, slow updates for crucial problems and the non existent support.
I believe that even when the sun explodes the dynmap team would still be trying to release a "stable" beta version.
If you want a full stable release without server breaking bugs that wont make your server crawl from the lag, begging you to burn it and have it's ashes buried in the dead sea, then expect the death heat of the universe to come sooner.