Main support thread: https://forums.dynmap.us - please direct questions here
- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
A Google Maps-like map for your Minecraft server that can be viewed in a browser. Easy to set up when making use of Dynmap's integrated webserver which works out-of-the-box, while also available to be integrated into existing websites running on Apache and the like. Dynmap can render your worlds using different renderers, some suitable for performance, some for high detail.
Components allow you to add/remove functionality to make Dynmap suit your needs. Using the components Dynmap comes supplied with, there is support for chat balloons, web-to-game chat, and configurable markers, areas, and lines.
* Highly configurable maps per world
* Real-time updates: maps are kept in sync with your world in real-time, updates are shown while your leave your browser open
* Players with their faces are visible on the map
* Chat messages are visible (as balloons or in a chatbox) on the map.
* Map viewers can chat to players in-game.
* Current Minecraft time is visible on the map.
* Current Minecraft weather is visible on the map.
* WorldGuard, Residence, Towny and Factions regions that can be visible on the map (through corresponding Dynmap-* plugins)
* Overall highly configurable and customizable.
Copy dynmap-*.jar to plugins directory
First time use
When you start Spigot/CraftBukkit, you should be able to navigate to http://yourserverip:8123/ in your browser. In case you are running Spigot/CraftBukkit on the PC you are currently working on, you can navigate to http://localhost:8123/. You should be able to see the players who are in-game. Note that the map is not yet rendered, therefore the background will be black.
If you are planning on using the HD renderer, now would be a good time to do so. Enable 'deftemplatesuffix: hires' in the top of configuration.txt. More information about deftemplatesuffix is available at https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/wiki/Base-Plugin-Settings|Base plugin settings.
If you just want to see Dynmap work, use the following command in-game: /dynmap fullrender. The wiki contains more information about https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/wiki/Commands|commands and permissions. The map should reveal itself gradually in the browser, give it some time. Progress messages indicate that Dynmap is working and will show when the render is completed.
https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/wiki/Base-Plugin-Settings - Base plugin settings
https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/wiki/World-and-template-settings - World and template configuration
https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/wiki/Component-Configuration - Component configuration
https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/wiki/HD-Map-Configuration - HD Map configuration
https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/wiki - Wiki
Both to demonstrate the API, and to help manage the growth of this already-huge plugin, we've started producing additional plugins for Dynmap. All of these will depend on Dynmap and interface through its APIs, but only need to be added by folks that are interested in the additional function they provide:
* dynmap-mobs: Provides marker layer for real-time position of selected mobs on dynmap maps.
* dynmap-residence: Successor to the 'regions' support for Residence in Dynmap, with live update of Residence changes
* Dynmap-WorldGuard: Successor to the 'regions' support for WorldGuard in Dynmap, with live update of WorldGuard changes
* Dynmap-Towny: Successor to the 'regions' support for Towny in Dynmap, with live update of Towny changes
* Dynmap-Factions: Successor to the 'regions' support for Factions in Dynmap, with live update of Factions changes
* Dynmap-CommandBook: Add support for showing /home and /warp locations defined using CommandBook.
* Dynmap-Essentials: Add support for showing /home and /warp locations defined using Essentials.
* Dynmap-GriefPrevention: Add support for showing Grief Protection claims
* Dynmap2CraftIRC3: Integrate Dynmap's web chat with IRC via CraftIRC
* Dynmap-SimpleClans: Integrate SimpleClans with Dynmap
* Dynmap-HeroChat: Integrate HeroChat v5.5+ with Dynmap
* Dynmap-PreciousStones: Integrate PreciousStones with Dynmap
* Dynmap-AdminCmd: Integrate AdminCmd with Dynmap
* Dynmap-Citizens: Integrate Citizens with Dynmap
Mods integrated with Dynmap:
The following mods are known to support dynmap integration without needing an add-on:
* Vanish No Packet
Also, for the best response to questions and such, please post comments to our main forum thread - http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1543523-dynmap-dynamic-web-based-maps-for-minecraft/. Once again, having more than one place just isn't helpful, and this is where the 'Dynmap Community' already operates.
This plugin utilizes Hidendra's plugin metrics system, which means that the following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org:
* A unique identifier
* The server's version of Java
* Whether the server is in offline or online mode
* The plugin's version
* The server's version
* The OS version/name and architecture
* The core count for the CPU
* The number of players online
* The Metrics version
If you wish to support Dynmap's development, feel free to donate HERE.
Dynamic 'Google Maps' style web maps for your Spigot/Bukkit server
Good map for Minecraft worlds. Very configurable and easier to setup than Overviewer. Also faster. The map is beautiful and fast to load. Best to serve it with a reverse HTTP proxy like Nginx if you have many websites on your server.
One star less because mods support is not as up-to-date as the main plugin, for example dynmap-mobs.
If anyone is interested I made an unofficial release of dynmap-mobs with 1.14.x compatibility: https://github.com/gabsoftware/dynmap-mobs/releases/download/1.5-gabsoftware_1.14.x/dynmap-mobs-1.5-gabsoftware.jar (or your can compile it yourself)
This Plugin is an all-tine-classic!
The new maps in minecraft brought nice features but a "google-maps" for your server with live chat is the better choice.
Set up is easy and configuration is simple to use. Everything is well explained.
Keep it up!
I think i don't need to say, that's the Plugin a must have for Build Server.
ATTENTION ! In this version is a config failure. You must remove the `#` on line 315 "#webserver-bindaddress: 0.0.0.0", otherwise you dont have acces to your Dynmap with www.myserver:8123
Dynmap is generally pretty good, And all my players love it! But unfortunately. I've had an issue where it just stops my server from loading. I've had to take it off my server, I have put in requests for support both on the forum, and the github to no avail. Unless I find a fix asap, Dynmap will not be returning to my server. Which is not a popular decision, But it is not loading mysql, and is taking too long during each restart.
I am happy to change my review if I get a response that fixes my problem, Otherwise. It's staying as poor.
Amazing Plugin as always!
I remember first getting this plugin on the 28 of December way back in 2011 on a CraftBukkit 1.0 server (the same server i use it n now updated ofc) and to this day it still blows my mind how much amazing detail and work has been put into this, There is SO MUCH that can be done with this and its still a free resource.. its just amazing, really nice work
Thank You Again mikeprimm
Awesome plugin! Really like it!
However, how do I embed it on my website? I have tried using the following:
<iframe src="http://YOURSERVERIP:8123/" width="100%" height="1200">
<p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p>
but it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?