Happy New Year!!
This is an important release, in that it is addressing an important security issue for people using SQL for map storage
Specifically, it is relevant if:
If this is the case, it is very important to do the following:
- You use PostgresSQL, MariaDB, or MySQL for your map storage, AND
- You use the internal web server (or a proxy leveraging the internal web server) to serve the maps (versus an external web server with PHP)
If your database server follows 'best practices' (no public internet access, whitelisted to only the IP of your server), this may be less a concern, but I'd still suggest updating the password after you've applied the update, particularly if the password is used for any other purposes.
- Update to this release (or later)
- Consider updating the password you are using for dynmap to access you database, as it may have been exposed.
On more positive notes, this release also includes:
- Fabric 1.16.4 support (thanks to LolHens!)
- Improved error reporting for server misconfiguration (thanks to 811Alex!)
- A fix for image file name updates relative to webp (thanks to thrimbor!)
- Another webp related fix for an exception when PATH is undefined (thanks to silverwolfg11!)
- Improved 1.16 biome support (thanks to KovuTheHusky!)