Just put EditableSign.jar in the plugins folder.
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- vk2gpz, (libraryaddict : author of SignMagic)
You can Sneak + Right-click to edit the sign which is already placed! (only if you have "editablesign.edit" permission and WorldGuard allows you to "USE" or "INTERACT")
You can also edit Essentials' signs ([Sell], [Buy], [Disposal], etc.)
This plugin is based on libraryadict's previous work (SignMagic). He has been contacted and was ok about adding 1.8 support as well as WorldGuard support.
The support for the plugin is provided here.
- /es : toggle between editable and non-editable mode
- /es help : displays a help menu
- /es reload : reloads config.yml
Supported region protection plugins:
- editablesign.edit : allows a player to edit a sign
- editablesign.colorsign : allows a player to use colored sign.
- editablesign.admin: bypasses the cooldown restriction
- editablesign.<region_name> : allows a player to edit a sign in the <region_name> world guard region.
- WorldGuard v6
- WorldGuard v7
- OwnershipCheck (Since SpigotMC does not allow me to release this resource on here, please contact me to purchase this resource.) : when this module is enabled, the sign will remember who placed it (without rely on an external data storage) and only the owner of the sign can edit.
- Untouchable : You can specify keywords to indicate non-editable signs.
- Relocate (Since SpigotMC does not allow me to release this resource on here, please contact me to purchase this resource.) : This add-on will allow you to break the sign you wish to relocate and simply place it again at wherever you wish to relocate it to.
It would be greatly appreciated for your donation to continue providing support for this plugin.
ErrorMsg: "&c[ES] : Some error occured."
CooldownMsg : "&b[ES] you need to wait for &e%remaining% &bseconds until next edit."
ConfigReloaded: "&a[ES] Success: config file is reloaded."
ESOff: "&a[ES] You're no longer in Sign Edit mode."
ESOn: "&a[ES] You're now in Sign Edit mode."
msg: "=== &e[&aEditableSign Commands List (%version%)&e] &r==="
msg: "&a/es help : displays this help menu."
msg: "&a/es reload : reloads config file."
msg: "&a/es debug <true|false> : turn on / off the debug mode."
# the use of WorldGuard,
# player needs to have WorldGuard region flag USE = allow to edit the sign
# Use specific WorldGuard Region name for allowing edit?
# number of seconds the newly edited sign will be non editable.
# number of seconds, until next time you can edit a sign.
# log .. if this is true, the author and changed content will be push to the log
# if this option is "true" you will be in the edit mode by default
# adjust these event priority if those event processes from this plugin
# interfere with other plugins' event processes.
# event type
ClickMode: RIGHT # or LEFT
If you use WorldGuard's USE flag, you can make public notice/message board.
You can edit a sign with Sneak+Right-Click. (WorldGuard/Essentials signs)
My original review said it no longer worked as previous versions.
This is untrue. I did not know at the time that the plugin does not update it's own config. Once I removed the old config and let it generate a new one, besides feeling like I was back in 2012, it works wonderfully again!
The only issues I have with the plugin, and two aren't with the plugin itself, but supporting it:
- The plugin don't auto-update the config with newer versions
- The tutorial video is in German, would be nice if an English one were posted
- To get support, users must sign up for yet another support site, would be nice if the author would use github issues where most projects already host support, and most users who give a damn already have accounts.
Other than that, it's a good plugin. My players love it! Especially the creative roleplay kids who are constantly changing RP character boards. It lets me see who edited a sign, with what text, and is a great bolster to LogBlock for handling issues.
And yes, this is a review, not a bug report, not a request for support.
The only reason it don't have 5 stars is due to the lack of config updating and making me believe it broke with 1.14.
Sort of hard to rate consistently since previous versions keep getting removed, it would be good if you kept them for backups or even to look back on your progress to see how far the plugin has gone, you would get a lot more positive reviews and feedback too but I'm sure there's a gud reason why u keep removing them.
Giving 5 stars for quality, effort, support and consistency with fixing bugs and keeping things up to date, well done!
Plugin has come a long way all efforts are much appreciated, just another one of VK's amazing projects.
Plugin works well. Easy to understand configuration. Would recommend over other sign editing plugins due to the fact that you are able to actually edit a sign in a sign menu. Without losing the data that was on it before. Plus you are able to use the arrow keys, so no need to delete a whole line to correct a sentence.
I used the support site of the developer. Support was good.
Developer reminds me of Ron Swanson
Had an issue but with advice from the developer and a couple hours of work i managed to get it to work. This plugin turned out to not be the issue.
Defenitely use this one if you are looking for a simple but effective sign editing plugin.
Having issues using this plugin at all! I used to use it a couple of years ago and it worked perfectly, but for some reason it's not working now. I have given myself the necessary permissions and I toggled /es but when I sneak+right click on a sign, nothing happens. Using on 1.14.