- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
Read Blog Post
(!) Plugin currently in beta. Please test on your end before using in production.
With the release of the new Minecraft EULA in 2014, servers have often been left with 2 options:
ERCoupons was designed to give a third option for server owners to choose:
- Become EULA friendly at the cost of income reductions.
- Ignore the EULA and face player backlash.
- Encourage players to become the Vendors: Give them an in-game currency directly tied with the store. This way, they can transact in-game items and currency for something with value.Code (Text):(As of 18.08.2020 - Excerpt from the EULA)
Therefore, if you comply with and follow the Brand and Asset Usage Guidelines and Naming Guidelines above, YOU MAY:
use and sell in-game virtual currencies IF (i) they have no real-world value and that cannot be cashed out, used, or transferred across free or paid servers, or into any other currency with real-world value; (ii) you don't give the impression that it comes from or is associated with Mojang, (iii) they don't look like or have similar names to Minecoins or any other official virtual currency, and (iv) anything you sell with the currency follows our monetization guidelines.
How it works
Players can buy virtual coins on the store, and use them to transact in-game by converting them to "coupons". When the player decides he wants to purchase a package from the store, he can create a gift card that can be redeemed on the store.
- Support for dynamic pricing (give the plugin the amount of money the player paid, and give him the same value in credits)
- Dupe protection (a gift card can only be redeemed once. Interact with a gift card with the same id again and it will disappear. This ensures safe virtual currency trades and no inflation from dupers).
- Player-friendly (give players that can't buy ranks in the store a way to earn their way up the ranks by playing and grinding in-game money)
The store currently supports the following monetization platforms:
Aliases (can be used instead coupon): coupons, ercoupons, ercoupon
- /coupon - See how many credits you have.
- /coupon (amount) - Generate virtual item valuing (amount)
- /coupon redeem (amount) - Redeem gift card containing (amount) credits
- /coupon version - Give version info
- /coupon givedollars (player) (amount) - Generate and send (amount) dollars to player. (1 dollar = 100 credits)
- /coupon givecredits (player) (amount) - Generate and send (amount) credits to player.