I've heard of several complaints all over (from this IRC to /r/admincraft) about CommandSync just generally being terribad and not working properly, so here's a Redis pubsub-based version. Setup is pretty simple. The Bungee plugin allows you to dispatch commands to all connected BungeeCord instances, but this can be used without any proxy. Unlike CommandSync, this won't take out your network, this works with 0 players online, this doesn't randomly drop or repeat commands, has almost no delay in execution, and doesn't have some potential security issues. The codebase is also at least 10x simpler.
REDISBUNGEE IS NOT REDIS. THAT'S LIKE SAYING INTERNET EXPLORER IS THE INTERNET.
- Install a Redis server, firewall 6379 and/or set a password for security reasons, and you may want to bind to 0.0.0.0 if you have multiple machines (sudo apt-get install redis-server on Debian/Ubuntu, see this for CentOS, use Google for configuration instructions)
- Download and drop the JAR in plugins for all the servers you want this on (Bukkit, Spigot, and BungeeCord are supported)
- Configure your Redis server's address, port, and password (if any) in plugins/ExecuteEverywhere/config.yml
- Restart your server
- Run /ee <command> to dispatch a command on all connected Bukkit instances, run /eb <command> to dispatch a command on all connected BungeeCord instances. These commands only work on Bukkit instances for the moment, so you can't dispatch a command from BungeeCord to Bukkit yet, but you can the other way around.
- Permission is executeeverywhere.use, it's granted to ops and console automatically
I appreciate any and all donations if you find this useful. My PayPal address is [email protected]
A Redis-based alternative to CommandSync that actually works properly
- Fix dispatching commands on server thread in Bukkit Oct 18, 2015
- Possibly fix spam on shutdown in certain situations Dec 31, 2014
- Universal JAR Aug 21, 2014