Extra Hard Mode changes the game rules to create NEW, INTERESTING CHALLENGES for players who have mastered the core game. Unlike Mojang's "hard" mode or other plugins' "hardcore" modes which just punish you more for making mistakes without actually changing game mechanics, Extra Hard Mode delivers interesting new challenges for advanced players.
- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Big_Scary, Diemex, Mitsugaru, vanmc
Is your server on 1.8.8 or earlier? Use version 3.6.7.
- You can enable specific features only for specific worlds, Check here
- Save yourself some time! Check "Troubleshooting and Common Questions" for the answer to your question.
- Here is a playlist of a few 1 minute clips showcasing some features
- If you have any questions feel free to ask, post bugs / feature suggestions in ticket section
- Make tree logs and branches fall when chopped with GraviTree. Set "FallingLogsDamagePlayers" to true in its config for an extra challenge!
- For anti-grief, avoid plugins that disable explosions entirely, because that will undermine the cave-in mechanic and the new improved TNT.
- Avoid plugins which allow players to teleport themselves out of danger when they're in combat or lost. Especially avoid plugins which add commands like /home, /back, and /tpa, since they will undermine the difficulty VERY much. Consider instead a teleportation plugin like Population Density, which allows players to teleport only between teleportation posts it places on the surface every 400 blocks.MetricsHidden in a spoiler since this might not be maintained...?
This plugin utilizes Hidendra's plugin metrics system, which means that the following information is collected and sent to mcstats.org:
You can disable the stat collection via /plugins/PluginMetrics/config.yml if you wish. If you want to see the stats, you can go here
- A unique identifier
- The server's version of Java
- Whether the server is in offline or online mode
- The plugin's version
- The server's version
- The OS version/name and architecture
- The core count for the CPU
- The number of players online
- The Metrics version
- Config options that are activated, allowing me to see what people use (or don't)
Source can be found on github here. Contributions, pull requests and feedback are appreciated .
Credits and Thanks
Big_Scary for creating this project
Mitsugaru for implementing awesome utility classes
Thank you for your donations:
Jemrada - 1.Dec 15, 21. Dec 15, 4.Feb 16
BrattPitt - 23.Nov 13, 14. Dec 14
TehSabbingSlayer - 30. Dec 13
WoodenAxeServer - 6. Dec 13
Netu - 4. July 13
MrYFory - 25. Feb 13
Having problems? Report them here!
Extra Hard Mode 3.14.0
Deliver interesting new challenges for advanced players
While it's not 1.13 ready yet I still felt the need to write a review on how awesome this plugin is. Don't get mislead by its name, its so much more than a hard mode plugin. Even for a peaceful server, it will let you customise an insane amount of options, changing the gameplay to suit your needs.