If you are still using CraftBukkit or Spigot 1.8.8-1.11 use Version 1.5.
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
If you are using CraftBukkit or Spigot 1.12, 1.14 or later, use the current version.
This plugin restores the Far Lands that were removed in late beta during the terrain makeover. It can restore the Far Lands to the Overworld, Nether and End world types.
CraftBukkit 1.8.8 through 1.15.1 (excluding 1.13.x)
Spigot 1.8.8 through 1.16+ (excluding 1.13.x)
Paper 1.9.4 through 1.16+ (excluding 1.13.x)
Most Paper forks are also compatible but there may be exceptions. Only base Spigot and Paper are guaranteed to be supported.
1.13.x is excluded due to terrain generator bugs at the time which caused the Far Lands to crash the server.
- This needs the vanilla generator to work. The plugin cannot work with custom generators.
- The Far Lands are more stable than in beta but can still put a heavy load on a server.
Know Bugs and Issues:
- The Far Lands do not generate on the Lithium and Yatopia forks of Paper due to the overflow glitch being 'fixed' by their optimizations.
- Due to a patch used on Paper in some 1.14 builds, FarLandsAgain may crash when generating villages at the top of the world. This patch was removed in 1.15. Regular Spigot does not have this bug.
- A small number of chunks around the initial spawn point may generate as normal terrain even when the config is set to generate Far Lands in that area. If you encounter this, there is a workaround detailed here: https://github.com/OtakuMegane/TallNether/wiki/Premature-Chunk-Generation-Bug
Details on configuration can be found here: FarLandsAgain Configuration
- Download FarLandsAgain.zip and extract the files to the plugins directory.
- You should have a FarLandsAgain.jar and a directory named FarLandsAgain.
- Inside the FarLandsAgain directory edit the config.yml file to set up your configuration.
Behind the original hack
For those interested in what the actual change is, you can check out this post on Reddit. In CraftBukkit and Spigot the relevant file is NoiseGeneratorOctaves, where these two lines need to be removed or commented out:
After Minecraft 1.13 the noise generators were redone and the Far Lands have to be added a different way now.Code (Text):i2 %= 16777216L;
j2 %= 16777216L;
FarLandsAgain is considered finalized with all intended features present. Unless a worthwhile idea comes to mind, the only expected updates will be compatibility for future versions of Minecraft or fixes in case a bug is discovered.
Restores the Far Lands to newer Minecraft versions
I can see that a lot of people have this plugin work for them. But however I can't seem to work it out. I've got the plugin installed, unzipped, placed on to my plugins folder for Spigot server file. I've checked that the config.txt has "enabled: true". Maybe it's got to do something with "world: _" Because that is left empty and above tells me that "Any world you wish enabled *must* be specified in this config"???
Please help, I really want to play this server with my friends with Far Lands installed. Thank you.
Does what it's supposed to :D The only problem I have is that the nether is 1/8 of the overworld coords, meaning that you can never get even close to the nether farlands even from 30 mil overworld. Do you think it could be possible to screw up the whole generation of the world work like this :P? so the world would be 100% farlands or close to it.