If you are still using CraftBukkit or Spigot 1.8.8-1.11 use Version 1.5.
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
If you are using CraftBukkit or Spigot 1.12, 1.14 or later, use the current version.
Due to bugs in the 1.13.x terrain generators the Far Lands cause server crashes. This plugin has no support for 1.13.
This plugin restores the Far Lands that were removed in late beta during the terrain makeover. It will work in CraftBukkit or Spigot version 1.8.8 through 1.15.1 (excluding 1.13.x) and on PaperSpigot version 1.9.4 through (also excluding 1.13.x and 1.14.x (see known bugs)) 1.16.2. It can restore the Far Lands to the Overworld, Nether and End world types.
Know Bugs and Issues:
- Not presently compatible with Java 14+ due to changes in reflection. Fixing this is in the works.
- Due to a patch used on Paper in some 1.14 builds, FarLandsAgain may crash when generating villages at the top of the world. This patch was removed in 1.15. Regular Spigot does not have this bug.
- A small number of chunks around the initial spawn point may generate as normal terrain even when the config is set to generate Far Lands in that area. If you encounter this, there is a workaround detailed here: https://github.com/OtakuMegane/TallNether/wiki/Premature-Chunk-Generation-Bug
Details on configuration can be found here: FarLandsAgain Configuration
- Download FarLandsAgain.zip and extract the files to the plugins directory.
- You should have a FarLandsAgain.jar and a directory named FarLandsAgain.
- Inside the FarLandsAgain directory edit the config.yml file to set up your configuration.
NOTE: The Far Lands are not as unstable as in beta but they can still put a huge load on a server.
Behind the original hack
For those interested in what the actual change is, you can check out this post on Reddit. In CraftBukkit and Spigot the relevant file is NoiseGeneratorOctaves, where these two lines need to be removed or commented out:
After Minecraft 1.13 the noise generators were redone and the Far Lands have to be implemented a different way.Code (Text):i2 %= 16777216L;
j2 %= 16777216L;
FarLandsAgain is considered finalized with all intended features present. Unless a worthwhile idea comes to mind, the only expected updates will be compatibility for future versions of Minecraft or fixes in case a bug is discovered.
Restores the Far Lands to newer Minecraft versions