> What is FAWE and why should I use it?
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
FAWE is designed for efficient world editing.
If you use other plugins which depend on WorldEdit, simply having FAWE installed will boost their performance.
- Simple to setup and use
- Extremely configurable
- Uses minimal CPU/Memory
- Safe for many players to use
- Insanely fast, when using the slowest mode
> Features for you
> World Editing Performance
- Over 200 Commands
- Style and translate messages, commands, GUIs
- (No setup required) clipboard web integration (Clipboard | Assets)
- Unlimited //undo, per world history, instant lookups/rollback and cross server clipboards
- Advanced per player limits (entity, tiles, memory, changes, iterations, regions, inventory)
- Brush saving, visualization, targeting modes/masks and scroll actions
- Use Anvil commands to change billions of blocks (e.g. remove all chests, trim worlds, etc)
- Use CFI commands to generate worlds
- Convert maps or schematics between PC and MCPE
- Adds lighting commands. (fix, set, remove)
- Adds lots of powerful new //brushes and //tools.
- Adds a lot more mask functionality. (new mask syntax, patterns, expressions, source masks)
- Adds a lot more pattern functionality. (a lot of new pattern syntax and patterns)
- Adds edit transforms (apply transforms to a source e.g. on //paste)
- Adds support for new formats (e.g. Structure Blocks)
- Instant copying of arbitrary size with `//lazycopy`
- Allows WorldEdit commands from console (e.g. /jumpto world,0,0,0)
- Adds progress notifications (titles)
- Auto repair partially corrupt schematic files
- Biome mixing, in-game world painting, dynamic view distance, vanilla cui, off axis rotation, image importing, cave generation, multi-clipboards, interactive messages, schematic visualization, lag prevention, persistent brushes + A LOT MORE
There several placement modes, each supporting higher throughput than the previous. All editing is processed async with certain tasks being broken up on the main thread. The default mode is chunk placement.
> Protection plugins
- Blocks (Bukkit-API) - Only used if chunk placement isn't supported. Still faster than any other plugin on spigot.
- Chunks (NMS) - Places entire chunk sections
- Regions (Anvil) - Directly modifies the map files, has some latency.
- World (CFI) - Used to generate new worlds / regions
The following plugins are supported with Bukkit
> Logging and Rollback
- Factions (mcore, uuid, one)
By default you can use `//inspect` and `//rollback` to search and restore changes. To reduce disk usage, increase the compression level and buffer size. To bypass logging use `//fast`.> Developer API
Third party loggers are supported with BlocksHub but not recommended. Unlike FAWE, no other logger does any data compression, and cannot handle large edits without a huge memory backlog.
- FAWE maintains API compatibility with WorldEdit so you can use the normal WorldEdit API async.
- FAWE also has some async wrappers for the Bukkit API.
- The wiki has examples for various things like reading NBT, modifying world files, pasting schematics, splitting up tasks, lighting etc.
- If you need help with anything, hop on IRC or discord (link above)
(CFI) Using a 1000 radius brush (15,625 chunks each click)
Persistent brushes (config option):
CFI visualization (3072x3072 map)
CFI brushes (1024x1024 map)
CFI rendering (3072x3072 map)
CUI without mods (config option):
Off axis rotation
Brush copy and scatter schematics
Anonymous Upload/Download interface (There are multiple styles to choose from)
Height Map / Color Map interface
Asset Pack interface
Height map interface: https://github.com/boy0001/HeightMap
Fast Async WorldEdit & VoxelSniper development-builds
Blazingly fast world manipulation for builders, large networks and developers.
- e1ab82d07be3e32f388cee483f0992af770dab68...39216dee421947d95a053aac1a00e95fa2c47c6e Apr 13, 2018
- c073741...ca906cc combined changelog. + Jan 21, 2018
- 8f2bfab...b9d267a combined changelog Sep 1, 2017
Ignore the 1 star reviews crying because they don't know how to run a server. This is fully working on our 1.13 server with none of the bugs these other people are talking about. Both WE, and VS work great.
Lastly the complete tool trying to claim that giving access to schematics somehow magically allows users to download any file on your system. This is so fundamentally broken Im not even gonna start to explain how the hell that isn't possible and doesn't happen.
Users paid to hate on FAWE competitor? Possibly or they just are kids who don't have a clue how to run a server. Stop trying to decide who is telling the truth and try it for yourself. You will find out it's fully working.
I highly recommend to anyone that doesn't feel like dedicating their 32GB of RAM to WE jobs.
That plugin has become a terrible mess. Nothing works, unrecognized blocks, lots of commands do not work anymore, undo impossible, Voxel do not work at all and more. Several months I am waiting for it to be fixed I definitely abandon this plugin. I strongly do not recommend it at all.
Used to be great! Lightning fast speed with no lag! Now just wtf? This randomly places blocks everywhere that I did not even copy and can break the world i am working on entirely.. not including many issues with loading chunks.. do not download this plugin right now.
I highly advise not to download this plugin. I switched from Worldedit to FAWE and man it was just filled with game breaking bugs that would often ruin the world we were working on.
Lighting issues, physics issues, air being replaced with acacia doors and greyscaled grass? Like what the hell was going on.
I only wanted this for Voxel Sniper. Can I run VS with the poorly coded Worldedit?
FAWE has revolutionized professional building and in the name of my buildteam I'd like to thank the amazing devs for their work. Using this has put our servers so much more at ease and reduced our expenses greatly (not to meantion the vast ammount of new and or improved features compared to the standarized "WE")
Thank you <3
Zero (former Gazamo, Meriaki)