- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- Spazzinq (me)
FlightControl is a project inspired by NoFlyZone (NoFlyZone is no longer maintained).
- FlightControl only supports Spigot (and its forks)
- FlightControl utilizes bStats for popularity metrics and is a helpful motivator to me. If you wish to disable it, locate the bStats config.
- Make sure WorldEdit and/or WorldGuard are up-to-date if you use region flight enable
- Other versions than 1.8, 1.13, and 1.14 should work, but I make no guarantee (although I will help you if you run into problems)
Optional features that require other plugins:
- Disabling of flight in combat (CombatTagPlus, CombatLogX, CombatLogPro, AntiCombatLogging, DeluxeCombat)
- Enabling/disabling of flight in factions territories (Factions by MassiveCraft, FactionsUUID, or SavageFactions)
- Enabling/disabling of flight in regions (WorldGuard)
- Enabling/disabling of flight in player's town/land (Towny, Lands)
- Trail auto-disabling (Essentials, PremiumVanish, SuperVanish)
Set a few permissions/config options and then players will no longer be able to fly in certain worlds, regions, faction territories, or even while they are in combat!
(I know some people don't enjoy dying when they fall out of the sky, so that's covered too )
Same idea goes with automatic flight–set a few permissions/config options and then players will be able to fly automatically in certain worlds, regions, faction territories, or anywhere (with the exception of worlds, regions, and faction territories with disabled flight)!
(You can use the command instead after changing the config option if that's your thing )
Like a fancy trail to go along with the other features? No problem!
Note: the plugin automatically disables trails if you are in vanish (with the plugins Essentials or PremiumVanish) or are not visible.
You can't have a proper plugin without some customizable messages and color (codes)! (You can use actionbar notifications if you don't want to clutter your players' chats too!)
Ah yes, the usually tedious and annoying permissions. Not a problem this time though! Here are the details:
flightcontrol.admin » Ability to use FlightControl administrative commands (automatically given to OPs)
flightcontrol.bypass » Bypasses all fly restrictions and always allows flight
flightcontrol.factions.CATEGORY » Controls flight based upon the defined category
flightcontrol.flyall » Ability to automatically fly in all regions that are not disabled
flightcontrol.fly » Access to /fly when the command option is enabled in the config (the Essentials permission "essentials.fly" works too)
Optional Permissions (more specific per-player/group control than the global config options)
flightcontrol.flyother » Ability to enable another player's fly and bypass all restrictions (like bypass permission) until server restart
flightcontrol.fly.WORLDNAME » Ability to fly in a certain world
flightcontrol.fly.WORLDNAME.REGIONNAME » Ability to fly in a certain region
flightcontrol.nofly.WORLDNAME » Denies flight in a certain world
flightcontrol.nofly.WORLDNAME.REGIONNAME » Denies flight in a certain region
flightcontrol.owntown » Enables flight in player's own town
flightcontrol.ownland » Enables flight in player's own land
The categories mentioned above make more sense in the config
If you have any issues, make an issue on GitHub or visit the Discord (you can also click the logo below). PLEASE do not leave an error in your review. It is a poor way to communicate and I likely won't have enough information to fix the problem.
Also, if you haven't asked me for a feature, DO NOT leave a negative review only because the feature isn't there. It's rude and confusing--why don't you ask me or create an issue on GitHub first?
I work really hard on my open source projects, and I spend significant time developing their presentation, documentation, features, and code. I'd appreciate any donation you could make.
Icons by Icons8
An elegant solution for controlling player flight