- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- Inspired by Botany by Auke Kok
Floristics is a server plugin which recreates natural plant growth in the world over time. Plants grow in their natural biomes and to approximately their natural density and distribution. This includes all vanilla biomes, growing the appropriate grass, ferns, flowers, trees, seagrass, kelp, lily pads, bamboo, sugarcane, dead bushes, cacti, berry bushes, small and giant mushrooms, pumpkins, melons, and even chorus trees.
The distribution of plants is chunk-based using the world seed and biome, meaning that if a chunk regrows poppies, it will always regrow poppies - and if it doesn't it never will. This means the distribution of plants will always be patchy like a generated world, and won't become unnaturally uniform over time. Maximum plant densities are built-in according to biome and type. The aim is that after enough time to regrow, the world will be indistinguishable from vanilla generation.
The config file has the following options:
The full default config file with comments is here.
- config-version - used internally to keep the config up-to-date, do not edit!
- delay - the number of ticks between growth cycles. Increase this number to make plants grow more slowly. Default is 1.
- growths - the number of growth attempts per cycle. Increase this number to make plants grow more quickly. Default is 1.
- worlds - list of worlds growth will occur in. Default is world, world_the_end, and world_nether.
- plants - section defining whether every plant type can grow, all defaulting to true. Plants are listed using the Bukkit material name of an associated block, for example OAK_LOG for oak trees.
Floristics is compatible with some world protection plugins.
By default, growth does not occur in claims. This can be adjusted by the player who owns the claim by using the command /floristics gp (or /flo gp):
- /floristics gp - displays whether growth is currently enabled in the claim you're standing in.
- /floristics gp <enable|disable> - enables or disables growth in the claim you're standing in.
There is a custom floristics region flag, which defaults to deny. If the flag is set to allow, growth will occur in the region.
There is a custom floristics region flag, which defaults to false. If the flag is set to true, growth will occur in the region.
By default, growth does not occur in towns. This can be adjusted by the mayor using the command /floristics towny (or /flo towny):
- /floristics towny - displays whether growth is currently enabled in the town you're standing in.
- /floristics towny <enable|disable> - enables or disables growth in the town you're standing in.
Regrow plants naturally over time
- 2.4.1 - bug fix Dec 7, 2019 at 9:32 PM
- 2.4 - pumpkins, melons, better mushrooms, and Towny support Dec 2, 2019 at 9:53 AM
- 2.3 - Bug fixes and config update Nov 30, 2019