- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- DanTheTechMan, Undead_Zeratul
I created this open source plugin for a roleplay server I created called Kingdom: Dark Ages. Please contact me if you want to assist with developing one of my plugins, find a bug or have an idea to make the plugin better.
Changes in Food Spoilage v1.9
- This plugin now uses a config.yml instead of .txt files for configuration.
- Config.yml now gets created if there isn't one.
- If save files from pre v1.9 are discovered, they will be loaded in and then saved in the new format. This means values you've changed before should transfer over.
- If there is a version mismatch, the config.yml will be saved as config.yml.old and a new config.yml with default values will be created.
Q: How do I change how long it takes for food items to spoil?
A: Edit the './plugins/Food-Spoilage/food-spoilage-times.txt' file and then type '/fs reload' on your server.
Q: Is there a way to configure minutes and seconds?
A: You can only configure spoilage times by hours currently. If it was minutes or seconds, players would end up with a lot more stacks that they couldn't combine.
Q: How do I disable spoilage for an item?
A: Change the food spoilage value in './plugins/Food-Spoilage/food-spoilage-times.txt' file to 0 for the item you want to disable spoilage for and then type '/fs reload' on your server.
Q: How do I change the text shown on items and with commands?
A: Change the text strings in './plugins/Food-Spoilage/food-spoilage-text.txt' file and then type '/fs reload' on your server.
Q: Why are my timestamps only showing hours?
A: I decided to timestamp items by hour so that items made in the same hour would be stackable and you would have less stacks in the long run.
Food Spoilage v1.8 accomplishes the following:
- assigns timestamps to food items
- assigns timestamps to crops & ingredients
- when timestamp is reached, the next time a player tries to eat the food item it will become spoiled food.
- disables shift-click crafting for crafted food items due to an issue with the timestamp subsystem
- saves/loads food spoilage values from plugins/Food-Spoilage/food-spoilage-times.txt
- allows players to reload the plugin with /fs reload
- alerts the server owner in the console if there is a version mismatch and what to do in this case
- displays plugin information if you type /fs with no arguments
- if the food spoilage value of a food item in food-spoilage-times.txt is changed to 0, it will not be timestamped and it will not spoil
- allows you to set custom text
- create a /timeleft command so players know how much time they have until a food item expires
- save/load food spoilage values alphabetically
- use a config.yml rather than .txt files for configuration
- include sweet berries
- include honey bottle
Food Spoilage v1.9
An open source plugin that makes food go bad. Spoilage times & text are both customizable.