- Tested Minecraft Versions:
FANTASTICALLY SIMPLE DISCORD BOT
Fantasically Simple Discord Bot is a simple bridge between Minecraft and the popular VOIP server, Discord. The bot is entirely ran from your Minecraft server, and players both in Discord and your Minecraft server can seamlessly communicate and interact. With it's simple design and implementation, it's ease of setup, FSDiscordBot is the right plugin for you!
- Java 8 is REQUIRED
- Discord-Minecraft communication bridge - Simply able to communicate with players in your Minecraft server with players in your Discord server!
- Remote console - Able to designate a special channel to act as a remote console! You can view the server logs, as well as, send commands!
- Music player - Yes, this bot can play music! This is bot is able to play any song, video, playlist straight from YouTube!
- Much more planned! This project was done in a span of a few days, and many more features will come! Suggestions and feedback are welcome.
- !set - Sets the current channel to be able to communicate with players from your Minecraft server! Multiple channels and guilds are SUPPORTED.
- !set console - Sets the current channel to be a remote console for your server. Only one can be set!
- !play <song | link> - Plays music! You must be in a voice channel, and all songs are queried from YouTube. You can also pass a direct link! Multiple guilds are supported!
- !skip - Add your vote to skip a currently playing song! The requestor and those with permissions can force skip instead!
- !np - Displays information about the currently playing song
- !remove - Removes the channel from being a listener or a console!
- /discordtoggle - Toggle between communicating with players from your discord server! Permission: fsd.toggle
- /discordinvite - Receive invite link to your bot! Permission fsd.invite
- fsd.mention Permission node to mention @everyone and @here
To setup you must first create your own Bot User Application.
1. Head over to https://discordapp.com/developers/applications with your main account signed in
4. Copy the Bot Token as shown into the config.yml file n the section "key"
5. To invite please /discordinvite in game to receive the invite link!
You're all set to go! Setup communication channels and console channels from within the discord channel!
This project was made in a span of a few days, made with the only thing in mind, fantastic simplicity. Though I try to squash bugs before release, it's utterly impossible to crush them all without your help! Report bugs, performance issues, suggestions, questions to me, and I will gladly help you!
This project would not have been possible by JDA, the Discord API Java interface, and lavaplayer, the audio mechanic!
Links to projects here below and consider contributing to and support them!
Project not affiliated, involved, or approved by Discord.
A Discord bot to bridge players in Minecraft and in Discord
Cool, but there's a lot of things that I noticed are bugged. First, music doesn't work out of the box, second, when someone puts an Emoji in discord chat, the bot puts a blank message in Minecraft chat. And theres no way to change the prefix of the bot/and or text format in Minecraft..
And another 5Stars. I had a Problem with the bot (see Discussions) and Dev PMed me to solve my issue instead of writing in Discussions. Thats the BEST Behaviour, I ever experienced from a Dev and the Bot works so good now my users will not know that someone is writing from Minecraft to discord =)
Best Bot for linking MC and Discordchat I have tested (and it were many) so far. Installation is easy thanks to the well written tutorial. It provides a youtube player which is a feature other bots want money for it.
If I may suggest features:
!stop command for stopping playing music and a way to customize !help command, to avoid it gets overwritten by other bots.
Very well done, thank you so much for sharing.