Stop responding to grief and prevent it instead. Grief Prevention will solve your grief problems without a roster of trained administrators, without 10 different anti-grief plugins, and without disabling any standard game features. Because Grief Prevention teaches players for you, you won't have to publish a training manual or tutorial for players, or add explanatory signs to your world.
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Big_Scary (previous author and creator)
Grief Prevention stops grief before it starts automatically without any effort from administrators, and with very little (self service) effort from players. Solve all your grief problems with a single anti grief download, no database, and (for most servers) no configuration customization.
Got a question or found some random bug? Ask it in the discussion thread!
Got a problem or bug you can reliably reproduce? Or a feature request? Report it on the issue tracker!
Also, you might be able to catch me/others on the #GriefPrevention IRC channel for help (please state your question and exercise patience if you use this option).
If you're new to Minecraft servers, you can learn how to set up a Minecraft server to run GriefPrevention and other plugins here.
- Setup and Configuration
- How-To Guide for Administrators
- Command and Permissions Reference
- Extension Plugins
- PvP Protection and Optional Siege PvP Mode
- How Anti-Spam Works
If you're not running a 1.8 or later server, you can get older builds of GriefPrevention on the BukkitDev page.
Yes, everything is customizable. See Setup and Configuration.
- No database or world backups required.
- Extremely efficient CPU / RAM usage.
- Land claims are easy to manage.
- New players get automatic claims around their first chests.
- Players who ask for help in chat get an instant link to a demonstration video.
- Resizing claims and creating new claims is done with ONLY the mouse, no slash commands.
- When a player appears to be building something nice outside his claim, he's warned and shown his claim boundaries.
- Claim boundaries are easy to see, and don't require any client-side mod installation.
- Extremely easy-to-remember, single-parameter slash commands for giving other players permissions.
- Claim subdivision and granular permissions are available to organize towns and cities.Watch this video.
- It's IMPOSSIBLE to grief a land claim. Watch this video.
- No building or breaking.
- No stealing from ANY containers.
- No sleeping in beds.
- No button/lever usage.
- No adjusting redstone repeaters.
- No pushing blocks in with pistons.
- No pulling blocks out with pistons.
- No TNT damage.
- No creeper damage.
- No damage from TNT cannons.
- No explosive damage from other plugins, like Extra Hard Mode or Magic Spells.
- No enderman block changes.
- All doors may be automatically locked (optional, see config file).
- No killing or luring animals away.
- No stealing water (e.g. buckets).
- No trampling crops, by players, animals, or monsters.
- No building overtop, all claims reach to the max build height.
- No placing or breaking paintings / item frames.
- Fluids will not flow into a claim from outside.
- No placing blocks via TNT/Sand/Gravel cannon.
- No placing portals without build permission (even by walking through a portal in another world).
- Pets and death loot are protected.
- Players can't pick up what another player dropped on death without permission.
- All types of pets are protected everywhere, even outside of land claims (can be configured per-world).
- Excellent anti-spam protection
- Warns, then mutes, then may kick or ban spammers (configurable - you choose).
- Most spammers get only one message out before they're muted.
- Blocks server advertising (IP addresses).
- Blocks repeat message spam.
- Blocks ASCII art (ex. Nyan Cats) spam.
- Blocks similar message spam.
- Blocks unreadable (gibberish) message spam.
- Blocks CAPS.
- Blocks macro spam (very different messages in quick succession).
- Blocks login/logout spam, even when the spammer has multiple accounts.
- Blocks death spam.
- Blocks bot team spam.
- Blocks slash command spam, including /tell, /emote, and any more you add.
- Wilderness Protection and Rollback
- Fire doesn't spread or destroy blocks.
- Creepers and other explosions don't destroy blocks above sea level.
- TNT doesn't destroy blocks above sea level.
- No planting trees on platforms in the sky ("tree grief").
- Instant, point and click nature restoration for not-claimed areas. Watch this video.
- Insanely easy and fast fixes for penises, swastikas, and anything else unsightly.
- Point at what you don't like and click, and it's fixed. Even from far away.
- Never accidentally changes blocks inside land claims.
- No need to investigate who built it, who broke it, or when they did it.
- Doesn't matter if the griefer built with "natural" blocks, it will still be fixed.
- No database.
- No backups.
- No chunk regeneration (it's dangerous for technical reasons).
- Fixes bad chunk generations, like floating islands. It will be better than new.
- Fills holes, even next to water to correct big spills.
- Smooths noisy terrain.
- No griefer construction is safe. If it's unnatural enough to be noticeable by players, it will be removed or filled-in.
- Land claims can't be used as a griefing tool.
- It's impossible to get a player "stuck" inside a land claim.
- Land claims beyond the first require a golden shovel.
- Minimum claim size prevents sprinkling small claims to annoy other players.
- Max claim allowance grows with time played on the server, and can't be cheated by idling.
- A simple administrative slash command will instantly remove all of a griefer's claims, no matter where they are.
- Catches clever griefers.
- Enhances the /ban command to ban ALL a griefer's accounts (not just his IP address).
- Logs sign placements.
- /SoftMute command to shut down chat trolls without them knowing they're beaten.
- PvP Protections.
- When PvP is off, no setting fire or dumping lava near other players.
- Absolutely bullet-proof anti-spawn-camping protection including bed respawns, which requires no configuration.
- No logging out, stashing items, or using plugin teleportation to escape combat.
- Optional siege mode, to answer players who hide in their claimed houses to avoid combat.
- Supports your server growth.
- Permit players to exchange server currency for claim blocks (requires configuration and other plugins).
- Grant claim blocks automatically for votes, donations, etc (console command provided, other plugins required).Support a hard-working dev! Please consider my other projects:
GriefPrevention Flags | GraviTree | AutomaticInventory | DiamondGuarantee | PhantomAdmin
PREVENTS all forms of grief - build/break, theft, spam, spawn camping, and more without a database.
I don't generally review stuff, but I thought I'd throw a 5 star here because this plugin is simply outstanding. It does exactly what it advertises. And to add on to the previous reviewer... I don't really care if updates are once every 12 months, if that's all that's required... There was no need to update, because it worked before...and it still works.
Thanks for the great plugin!
Great plugin for my survival server, i use it with coreprotect just in case someone doesn't protect his stuff. Saves a lot of time i'd have to waste with core protect to rollback players i would've banned. With this plugin there's nowhere near as much bans for grief. More importantly, no need to waste time to rollback, it just rarely happens.
This plugin has many options and i like that players can set up towns, as i wanted something like towny but not as complicated. This is better then towny as it is simple and any player can protect his claim.
Configuration is great, so many options and you can configure everything to your liking.
I guess i'll stop here, i can write much more about how great this plugin is and why you should use it, just wanted to give a simple review.
Wow gg Grief Prevention I have now had around 3 people grief my spawn because of this is there anyway to admin claim properly because none of mine stop grief? Please tell me/explain how to claim because I watched all the videos and I still get griefed please help if you can. I just giving this a 1 because I have to use core protect instead its a lot simpler and better.
Could not pass event PlayerInteractEvent to GriefPrevention v16.4
at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:306) ~[spigot-latest.jar:git-Spigot-1
at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62) ~[spigot-latest.jar:git-Spigot-16c
at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:502) [spigot-latest.jar:git-Spigot-1
at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:487) [spigot-latest.jar:git-Spigot-1
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_11_R1.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:231) [
at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.PlayerInteractManager.a(PlayerInteractManager.java:444) [spigot-latest.jar:git-
at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:897) [spigot-latest.jar:git-Spigot-16c
at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.PacketPlayInUseItem.a(PacketPlayInUseItem.java:37) [spigot-latest.jar:git-Spigo
at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.PacketPlayInUseItem.a(PacketPlayInUseItem.java:1) [spigot-latest.jar:git-Spigot
at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.PlayerConnectionUtils$1.run(SourceFile:13) [spigot-latest.jar:git-Spigot-16c940
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_112]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_112]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.SystemUtils.a(SourceFile:46) [spigot-latest.jar:git-Spigot-16c940b-0805f60]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.MinecraftServer.D(MinecraftServer.java:739) [spigot-latest.jar:git-Spigot-16c94
at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.DedicatedServer.D(DedicatedServer.java:399) [spigot-latest.jar:git-Spigot-16c94
at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.MinecraftServer.C(MinecraftServer.java:675) [spigot-latest.jar:git-Spigot-16c94
at net.minecraft.server.v1_11_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:574) [spigot-latest.jar:git-Spigot-16c
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_112]
I have a few things I don't know how to do,
First, [18:55:35 ERROR]: [GriefPrevention] Please update your server mod (Craftbukkit/Spigot/Paper/etc.), as mentioned in the update notes.
[18:55:35 ERROR]: [GriefPrevention] Nether portal trap rescues will not function and you will receive a nice stack trace every time a player uses a nether portal.
[18:55:35 ERROR]: [GriefPrevention] So yea, read the bold update notes and update Craftbukkit/Spigot/Paper, thanks.
It also wont give players claim block per hour, I haven't touched it in config.
Then lastly, it there a way to give a player claim blocks?