Gringotts is an item-based economy plugin for the Bukkit Minecraft server platform. Unlike earlier economy plugins, all currency value and money transactions are based on actual items in Minecraft, per default emeralds. The goals are to add a greater level of immersion, a generally more Minecraft-like feeling, and in the case of a PvP environment, making the currency itself vulnerable to raiding.
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
Get Gringotts from BukkitDev
- Item-backed economy (configurable, default emeralds)
- multiple denominations with automatic conversion (for example, use emeralds and emerald blocks)
- Storage of currency in chests and other containers, player inventory and ender chests (configurable)
- direct account-to-account transfers commands
- optional transaction taxes
- fractional currency values (fixed decimal digits)
- Account support for Factions, Towny and WorldGuard
- Vault integration
Storing money in an account requires a Gringotts vault. A vault consists of a container, which can be either chest, dispenser or furnace, and a sign above or on it declaring it as a vault. A player or faction may claim any number of vaults. Vaults are not protected from access through other players. If you would like them to be, you may use additional plugins such as LWC or WorldGuard.
For full usage documentation, please see the usage page
Place a sign above a container block, with [vault] written on the first line. If it was created correctly, the sign will display your name on the third line and you will receive a message that the vault has been created.
Place a sign above a container block, with [faction vault] written on the first line. If it was created correctly, the sign will display your faction's tag on the third line and you will receive a message that the vault has been created.
- To make a vault for your town: place a sign above a container block, with [town vault] written on the first line.
- To make a vault for your nation: place a sign above a container block, with [nation vault] written on the first line. If it was created correctly, the sign will display your town's or nation's tag on the third line and you will receive a message that the vault has been created.
Display your account's current balance. Alias /m
/money pay <amount> <player>
Pay an amount to a player. The transaction will only succeed if your account has at least the given amount plus any taxes that apply, and the receiving account has enough capacity for the amount.
/money withdraw <amount>
Withdraw an amount from chest storage into inventory.
/money deposit <amount>
Deposit an amount from inventory into chest storage.
/moneyadmin b <account>
Get the balance of a player's account.
/moneyadmin add <amount> <account>
Add an amount of money to a player's account.
/moneyadmin rm <amount>
Remove an amount of money from a player's account.
Reload Gringotts config.yml and messages.yml and apply any changed settings.
Installation and Configuration
Download Gringotts and place it in your craftbukkit/plugins folder
Please see the Configuration and Permissions document on how to configure Gringotts.
Have a look at the Wiki. You're welcome to improve it, too!
Would you like to make changes to Gringotts yourself? Fork it! Pull requests are very welcome, but please make sure your changes fulfil the Gringotts quality baseline:
Gringotts uses the Maven 3 build system. Build a working plugin jar with the command
- new features, settings, permissions are documented
- required dependencies are all added to the build by Maven, not included in the repo
- the project builds with Maven out-of-the-box
mvn compile package
This shades in some dependencies (such as plugin metrics). For this reason, creating a jar package manually or from an IDE may not work correctly.
All code within Gringotts is licensed under the BSD 2-clause license. See license.txt for details.
gringotts, gringotts minecraft 1.12, gringotts spigot 1.12, gringotts for 1.12
Error occurred while enabling Gringotts v2.9 (Is it up to date?)
at org.gestern.gringotts.Gringotts.setupEBean(Gringotts.java:235) ~[?:?]
at org.gestern.gringotts.Gringotts.getDAO(Gringotts.java:202) ~[?:?]
at org.gestern.gringotts.Gringotts.onEnable(Gringotts.java:66) ~[?:?]
at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:264) ~[server.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-9a1fc1e]
at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:337) [server.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-9a1fc1e]
at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:402) [server.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-9a1fc1e]
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_12_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugin(CraftServer.java:374) [server.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-9a1fc1e]
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_12_R1.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:323) [server.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-9a1fc1e]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:206) [server.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-9a1fc1e]
at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:544) [server.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-9a1fc1e]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_144]