- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- AnjoCaido, KHobbits, ElgarLGroupManager was one of the first permission plugins ever available for Bukkit. Although there are plugins such as LuckPerms with more functionality than GroupManager, and the official support and development of Essentials plugins has ended, GroupManager is still preferred over other plugins by lots of server administrators.
DOWNLOAD LATEST STABLE VERSION
(v0.3.1++ For 1.15)
For 1.7.8 - 1.8.9 - The last version of the Original GroupManager:
For 1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x - An updated fork by who knows who:
For 1.12.x - 1.13.x - GroupManagerX:
For 1.13.x - Updated by Xadzkon:
For 1.14.x - Updated by Xadzkon:
Support & Bug reports
- Some plugins do not support GroupManager to a full extent. This doesn't mean that players will have infinite access to plugin's commands, but rather that the plugin simply won't hook into GroupManager (e.g. a chat plugin).
- On some combinations of versions of Minecraft, Spigot, GroupManager and chat plugins prefixes and suffixes do not work. If you are using EssentialsXChat, please install Vault as well before using GroupManager. (If I remember correctly, in the second version, that is for 1.9 - 1.11, prefixes and suffixes do not work at all, but you shouldn't run those versions anyway now.)
- '*' doesn't work on vanilla commands. A workaround is adding the permission 'minecraft.command.<command name>' to your user/group. (Replace <command name> with your command's name, e.g. 'summon').
Unfortunately I don't have as much time lately as I used to, so I cannot do what I wanted, and add new features to GroupManager. I am compiling for every new major Minecraft version and sometimes fixing bugs or updating deprecated code, but don't expect too much support. Development is taking place on GitHub, so feel free to contribute to the code base yourself, if you find something very important. I am really sorry if I respond late to your bug reports or messages.
Don't really expect the striked through features anywhere in the near future. See the red text above.
- Update deprecated code
- RegEx in permissions ??
- Sync ranks across Bungee servers ??
- Database support ??
- Bungee permission handler ??
(No promises / guarantees for updates.)
Please leave a ✮✮✮✮✮ rating if you enjoy the plugin! If you have any issues, do not leave it in the ratings section, instead write to GitHub.
GroupManager v0.3.1 (MC 1.15.1)