- Native Minecraft Version:
- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- Source Code:
- AnjoCaido, KHobbits, ElgarLGroupManager was one of the first permission plugins ever available for Bukkit. Although there are plugins such as LuckPerms with more functionality than GroupManager, and the official support and development of Essentials plugins has ended, GroupManager is still preferred over other plugins by lots of server administrators.
DOWNLOAD LATEST STABLE VERSION
(v0.2.0++ For 1.14)
For 1.7.8 - 1.8.9 - The last version of the Original GroupManager:
For 1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x - An updated fork by who knows who:
For 1.12.x - 1.13.x - GroupManagerX:
For 1.13.x - Updated by Xadzkon:
Support & Bug reports
- Some plugins do not support GroupManager to a full extent. This doesn't mean that players will have infinite access to plugin's commands, but rather that the plugin simply won't hook into GroupManager (e.g. a chat plugin).
- On some combinations of versions of Minecraft, Spigot, GroupManager and chat plugins prefixes and suffixes do not work. If you are using EssentialsXChat, please install Vault as well before using GroupManager. (If I remember correctly, in the second version, that is for 1.9 - 1.11, prefixes and suffixes do not work at all, but you shouldn't run those versions anyway now.)
(No promises / guarantees for updates.)
- Update deprecated code
- RegEx in permissions
- Sync ranks across Bungee servers ??
- Database support ??
- Bungee permission handler ??
Please leave a ✮✮✮✮✮ rating if you enjoy the plugin! If you have any issues, do not leave it in the ratings section, instead write to GitHub.
GroupManager GM++ v0.2.0 for MC 1.14
Good until it corrupted my whole server. I restarted normally, when it wouldn't start again. Had to debug the whole server, and it turned out the plugin had corrupted itself, the server jar, all the worlds and vault. I don't recommend it for servers running for longer times, without anyone looking over it, or big networks. Use luckperms for that please. Smaller servers/private servers that only run when you use it, still shouldn't use groupmanager, unless you are running older versions.
Please don't take this as an "attack", since im giving feedback with my experiences. Overall i would say it's a really good plugin, but is lacking many features that LP has, and has too many bugs at the time. The years i've used gm, it was working fine, but this issue kinda forced me to switch.
TL;DR: I recommend for smaller/private servers, but not for big servers/servers running 24/7.